Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's the best super naked currently?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Id rather not have a bike that sounds like a blender. Not heard the BMW in person so cant comment.

But turn this up, same motor as the Tuono. Find a jap bike that sounds that good and I will be interested.

http://ridinglovers.online/index.php...sound-exhaust/
    Ummm, you've never heard an RC45 I gather. Aprilia are about four decades late on owning the horn V4 noise.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Ummm, you've never heard an RC45 I gather. Aprilia are about four decades late on owning the horn V4 noise.
    Did i say they were the first?

Can somebody go out and buy a brand new RC45? And from memory they are far from a naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Yeah seen that before along with other CBX6s. They sound stunning. Cant just go buy one new but....

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Did i say they were the first?

Can somebody go out and buy a brand new RC45? And from memory they are far from a naked.
    I was using the RC45 as an example that euro bikes aren't anything special just because they're European. They're not doing anything the Japanese aren't or haven't.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I was using the RC45 as an example that euro bikes aren't anything special just because they're European. They're not doing anything the Japanese aren't or haven't.
    If you look at the thread title, we are talking about bikes that can be bought new now. Of course the motor configurations have been done before in other bikes from different countries.

MT-10 could be close if we knew price and when they will be here.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    a mate has bought the suzuki. He didn't dick around. Nitron shock, sprung for him. PCV and custom dyno tune. Plus bling to taste. Set up by Dave Moss. Really nice bike at $20k

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    a mate has bought the suzuki. He didn't dick around. Nitron shock, sprung for him. PCV and custom dyno tune. Plus bling to taste. Set up by Dave Moss. Really nice bike at $20k
    This. Be interesting if the British after-maket embrace the Suzuki with farkles and goodies like they have the Bandit.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    This. Be interesting if the British after-maket embrace the Suzuki with farkles and goodies like they have the Bandit.
    Well that one looks ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x-S-GSX-S1000.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	416.7 KB 
ID:	321814  

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by NZsarge View Post
    I would respectfully argue 160hp is plenty on a naked bike and its torque that makes naked bikes fun,
    They tend to be somewhat related, but that's certainly the main reason for my fetish with twins.

You're not going to get 100 ft*lb without incurring the odd hp or two, but generally speaking capacity and compression ratio define torque. The hp available from the extra revs you get from smaller cylinders don't really interest me, it comes with some byproducts that I don't find helpful for road use.

Putting a couple of feet on another bike down the back straight, especially when you're limited for capacity is a different story, but I don't buy road bikes to do that, and nor do I have the same limits.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I get properly fucked off when people wank about European bikes having more soul.
    Me too, although maybe to a lesser degree. I'm reminded of an interview with a Ducati spokesman I read some years ago. I've mentioned it on KB before but that too was years ago.

Speaking of the Japanese manufacturers he said,
    "We can't compete on price, we can't compete on performance, and we can't compete with some of them on quality."

Doesn't leave much does it?

So they have to sell intangibles - like "passion". Similarly the last time I read a Triumph catalogue you didn't get too many pages in before you came across the word "passion". The Harley equivalent is "lifestyle" with a hefty dose of patriotism thrown in for their home market.

The various owners of these brands, having paid over the odds, tell themselves their bike has soul.

Couple of years ago I was interested in a Brutale so I checked out the Brutale forums. The list of problems being experienced by owners was not long, mainly related to (serious) fuelling issues, and the headlight glass falling out, but was widespread among owners and swiftly cured my lust. Things may have
    improved, or may not, but if I was contemplating a purchase I'd certainly be checking those forums again.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Being persuaded by nouns when purchasing a bike seems ridiculous, just buy a machine that floats your fanny.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    They tend to be somewhat related, but that's certainly the main reason for my fetish with twins.

You're not going to get 100 ft*lb without incurring the odd hp or two, but generally speaking capacity and compression ratio define torque. The hp available from the extra revs you get from smaller cylinders don't really interest me, it comes with some byproducts that I don't find helpful for road use.

Putting a couple of feet on another bike down the back straight, especially when you're limited for capacity is a different story, but I don't buy road bikes to do that, and nor do I have the same limits.
    I think the 1290GT could be a giggle, but not a Super Naked. Did they sort the having to stop to change modes issue?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I think the 1290GT could be a giggle, but not a Super Naked. Did they sort the having to stop to change modes issue?
    Possibly, but I'm not convinced I need an extra 20kg in exchange for extra fuel, luggage and pillion capacity.

And no, I believe their read on applicable liability laws in their major markets drove that design choice.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    2022 GSX-S1000GT
    "There is no Japanese Supernaked. There are however fine Japanese nakeds."

So you've never seen a Suzi B King? No longer available new, but if you can live without electronic trickery (and I'm happy to) still a hell of a ride for very little money.

Thread Information