Thread: Yamaha monoshock upgrade?

Bike
    2007 yamaha scorpio z

Yamaha monoshock upgrade?

Hiya searching for a upgrade to the standard mono shock spring or full mono shock unit replacement as i am big bloke (6'4 and weigh 150 kilos).
    was thinking is the a big bike suspension set up that would fit ie go to the wreckers (Cheaper) or buy brand new flash set up (ill have to save up).
    any info would be great!!

thanks L.Rider

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    new shocks aren't cheap....
    not sure if that bike is worth that sort of upgrade.
    you may be better of to upgrade whole bike for something more suitable for you.....?
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    CB1300
    Being approximately the same size and having ridden a couple of Scorpio Z's...
    Unless you only plan to use it for short trips save your money and upgrade the bike.
    They are a neat and forgiving bike if you are 50-70kgs.
    At your weight you will be bottoming out the suspension at both ends in every corner unless you are fairly enthusiastic with the throttle. For a novice this introduces a lot of new risks and problems.
    I can't speak for aud but here you would be talking about 1-5k for a shock rated to your weight. That sorted you will then find the front will become more noticeably unsuitable for the task. Wave goodbye to another 1-5k depending how much you can do yourself and brand.
    2-3k should buy you something suited for your build if you shop around.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    2007 yamaha scorpio z

hiya

Well i got the bike free an spent nothing on it so far i figure if i can find a bigger spring for it off a older model bike that would fit then il just do that so i can get around easier. my friend also has a uncle that runs a bike shop so i thought id head around and see if hes got any parts to trade with!! i work at a brewery so i can trade grog for parts. i also have a friend in indo who is sending me cam, bigger piston and a big bore kit to suit my scorpio. so if i gotta spend 1500 to 2g getting it done i dont mind. took me 12 years of begging the missus to let me have a bike!

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries

Tinkerers!

Quote Originally Posted by LearnerRider81 View Post
    Well i got the bike free an spent nothing on it so far i figure if i can find a bigger spring for it off a older model bike that would fit then il just do that so i can get around easier. my friend also has a uncle that runs a bike shop so i thought id head around and see if hes got any parts to trade with!! i work at a brewery so i can trade grog for parts. i also have a friend in indo who is sending me cam, bigger piston and a big bore kit to suit my scorpio. so if i gotta spend 1500 to 2g getting it done i dont mind. took me 12 years of begging the missus to let me have a bike!
    Why don't you sell the improved Yama and put that cash, plus the 2000 you'd spend on shocks, towards a better bike?

Bike
    CB1300
    If it's really what floats your boat: Ignore the logic and nay sayers and follow your heart.
    Just do it eyes wide open.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I've got a Scorpio. There is a lot of power hiding in the exhaust pipe, replacing it and jetting the carb right is a huge improvement.

You'll be able to upgrade the springs front and rear fairly cheap. The damping is shit but the bikes not a racer so don't worry about it.

Dunno if increasing the piston size and doing a cam is gonna be worth it, but if the price is right...why the hell not?

Bike
    2007 yamaha scorpio z
    Vxs 650 monoshock fits perfect

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thread Information