Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aprilia Caponord?

Bike
    R1200GSA
    I decided to change. Can't justify more than one bike so time to move her on. Not a fault of the Aprilia in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    I decided to change. Can't justify more than one bike so time to move her on. Not a fault of the Aprilia in any way.

Are you getting a Harley?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Lol I will never say never because that's just tempting fate but no, not a Harley. Mr Goss at Motomart cut me an unrefusable deal on a very very tidy low kms liquid cooled 1200GS. Never thought something of that standard would be in my budget, turns out "never" doesn't cut it.

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Lol I will never say never because that's just tempting fate but no, not a Harley. Mr Goss at Motomart cut me an unrefusable deal on a very very tidy low kms liquid cooled 1200GS. Never thought something of that standard would be in my budget, turns out "never" doesn't cut it.
    Well I won't say "I told you so" Just make yourself aware of the stanchion recall if you haven't already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Well I won't say "I told you so" Just make yourself aware of the stanchion recall if you haven't already.
    Yes, am aware of it. Mr Kewwig has welcomed another addict with all manner of information Mr Goss gave me a copy of the touratech catalogue, its like selling drugs.....

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Yes, am aware of it. Mr Kewwig has welcomed another addict with all manner of information Mr Goss gave me a copy of the touratech catalogue, its like selling drugs.....

Not sure if this is better or worse than a Harley......

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    weeeelllllll, I kinda said this earlier back in the thread, no matter what one chooses to do, there will always be an expert who can point out the error of my ways I think you know deep down that this is not the same as getting a Harley......
    Either way I don't care what anyone else thinks, I am really enjoying the Bavarian and in a very different way to the Italian, too young to settle down just yet

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries

You better be talking about modifying... the bikes themselves are way better. That said, Harleys are what, bit of chrome, exhausts. Adventure bikes are worse than crack... plus you go out and keep dropping it, damaging all the parts you put on, so you buy more parts, or replace the factory parts with better aftermarket parts...

Then you total up a few years later, and mods plus servicing = original value
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

You better be talking about modifying... the bikes themselves are way better.
    Both are Twins, rides wear the matching brand gear, both have lots of recalls.......

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Both are Twins, rides wear the matching brand gear, both have lots of recalls.......
    My TNAB had two recalls, the Aprilia had three in one year, its a twin. I only know one man who rides a BMW and wears BMW gear and I would never ever question him doing so because he is not a man I would ever want to piss off.

Gremlin is right about aftermarket stuff, the only reason I didn't do more on the Caponord is fewer of the manufacturers offer stuff for it. I seem to recall a guy on here with a TNAB who has done quite a bit of work coaxing more power out of his machine, lots of toys and add ons that Mr Suzuki didn't include. He seems to be happy and really enjoying it, which is pretty much all that matters. Pity I can't remember who he is.....

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I've just had a read thorugh this thread. Good for you UK on going with your gut and getting the Caponord and now the BeeMer. I owned an original Caponord back in 2002 and enjoyed it a lot. It's one of those bikes I should not have sold but as always I was tempted by something newer/shinier/different (Delete as applicable).

I've owned a number of BMWs and enjoyed putting Miles/Kms on them all. They are distinctive and the sorts of machines that get under your skin. Let us know how you get on with the GS - I owned one of the original 1200GS models back in 2004. It had its issues but was a cracking machine to ride.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    I've just had a read thorugh this thread. Good for you UK on going with your gut and getting the Caponord and now the BeeMer. I owned an original Caponord back in 2002 and enjoyed it a lot. It's one of those bikes I should not have sold but as always I was tempted by something newer/shinier/different (Delete as applicable).

I've owned a number of BMWs and enjoyed putting Miles/Kms on them all. They are distinctive and the sorts of machines that get under your skin. Let us know how you get on with the GS - I owned one of the original 1200GS models back in 2004. It had its issues but was a cracking machine to ride.
    Thank you kind sir. Truth be told, if I could afford it, I would keep both, they do different things differently. I haven't gone off the Aprilia and its still a fabulous bike. In my humble opinion its very underrated and I do not understand why Aprilia have not pushed them harder nor sold more than they have. There are a few forums you can read about the Caponord experience. While like every forum you will see a concentration of issues, there is an overwhelming majority of contributors from around the globe saying "how did we get so much bike for this money?" Not many would argue Aprilia are leaders with sport bikes, so clearly they know a wee bit about building bikes.

The Bavarian is something quite different, years of development and refinement have gone into what the model is today and it shows. A friend said to me recently "people will mock you for having this bike, that's only because they haven't ridden one." I am really pleased with it, for very different reasons I was pleased with (and still enjoy) the Caponord.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quite

I'm lucky enough to own more than one bike and the thing I love most about riding them is that they're all that bit different. My Moto Guzzi is a lot different to my H-D Street Rod for instance.

Enjoy the GS. As your friend said - Those that mock often do so out of ignorance.

Bike
    2001 aprilia falco
    My 2001 Aprilia falco is about hit 100,000 kms and I've replaced the clutch slave cylinder,starter clutch bearing and both brake switches and that's it other than tyres etc. I love it. But got rear ended while waiting at a red light a couple days ago. I fear they will write it off. I brought it new. Definitely will be looking for another Aprilia probably a Tuono .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo2001 View Post
    My 2001 Aprilia falco is about hit 100,000 kms and I've replaced the clutch slave cylinder,starter clutch bearing and both brake switches and that's it other than tyres etc. I love it. But got rear ended while waiting at a red light a couple days ago. I fear they will write it off. I brought it new. Definitely will be looking for another Aprilia probably a Tuono .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    sorry to hear that, at least you are still around to consider the next bike!
    Tuonos are fabulous bikes.

Thread Information