Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha XJR rear shocks

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    My thoughts also, the OEM shocks (Showa) were/are fine, had them on the CB and never felt the need to change/upgrade them.
    Add in non standard bars (this one might be an exception being Renthal), bar ends, exhaust and mirrors that one don't appear to have been purchased as upgrades given that they are all bottom end unbranded stuff and it makes me curious if it has been in a bit of a bin.

There can be explanations. I have a few "Flea Bay" mods that are just about changing the fit for me, but if I were listing the bike for sale the original bits would go on, or at least listed as available unless the bike has been thrown down the road and originals are chewed.

Maybe I am fussy but before I parted with my case I'd get a report and an inspection.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Those first gen 14s had leaky shocks and was common to go with another type rather
    than back to original rubbish.

On the next gen 14 (07 onwards) they to had some issuses on the rear shocks with the pre load adjuster can be sorted, lots of info on here http://www.gsx1400.org/gsx1400_board/index.php?act=idx

Thread Information