Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: BREXIT - some assistance required

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Are houses really more expensive?

$500,000 loan at 11.5% interest (as I paid in 2007) = $57,500 p.a. in interest.
    $1,100,000 loan at 5% interest (which I now pay) = $55,000 p.a. in interest.

$500k in 2007 didn't get you much of an Auckland property.
    $1.1m today gets you something a lot nicer.

No need to pay off any capital, inflation will pay that for you.

Just saying
    All good until the house you paid 1.1mil for drops to 500k. Then you have a massive toxic debt crisis. And if the bank only has 5% of your money as a deposit it's cheaper to throw the keys at them and walk away.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbuoy View Post
    All good until the house you paid 1.1mil for drops to 500k. Then you have a massive toxic debt crisis. And if the bank only has 5% of your money as a deposit it's cheaper to throw the keys at them and walk away.
    i dont always define value, but when i do, i make sure i do it in an arbitrary unit controlled by the imf.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport

Of course you can throw the keys back at the lender, but it will have the same effect as shoving them up your own arse; because you still owe the money back that you borrowed

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Of course you can throw the keys back at the lender, but it will have the same effect as shoving them up your own arse; because you still owe the money back that you borrowed
    True but if you have put a 20-40% deposit down and you only manage to sell the house for half what it's worth your not so out of pocket or in such a bad situation. Better to hold on if you can make the payments - which are also a lot lower. Here they are now asking for 20-25% minimum deposit.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    The underlying issue is that Kiwis have been taught, expensively, that the only investments that net a reliable return are major banks and property. Everything else is just a good way to be wiped out overnight, usually at the whim of Japanese housewives or a thieving finance director.

I'm sure you mean 90m2. 90sqft is a bathroom. The building course at Weltec is doing just that. They seem to be shipping dozens of them. Don't know where they go though.
    I had high hopes of a P2P roll out, it should represent a good deal for borrowers and investors alike, given it removes a complete ticket-punching layer. But it's looking like just another bunch of snake oil purveyors.

Aye, 900sqft is what I meant. The average size of my parents generation's first home. They paid 4-5 yrs income for one, which is what they would cost today, if you were allowed to build one.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    YZ 144, monster 800, rs250
    True but if you have put a 20-40% deposit down and you only manage to sell the house for half what it's worth your not so out of pocket or in such a bad situation. Better to hold on if you can make the payments - which are also a lot lower. Here they are now asking for 20-25% minimum deposit.
    To put a whole lot of capital into propriety that didn't originally come from the propriety market right now eg kiwi saver or other savings would not be very nice to say good bye to, I know from 2008.

A lot of BS money/capital gains is about to be flushed down the shitter.

Anyway some cunt about BREXIT

simple question, why did the Soviets modify a air-raid shelter into a gas chamber? what was their intention?

Bike
    YZ 144, monster 800, rs250
    10000 EU bureaucrats get paid more than the GB PM. https://youtu.be/UTMxfAkxfQ0?t=11m10s

simple question, why did the Soviets modify a air-raid shelter into a gas chamber? what was their intention?

Bike
    It was on the good
    And don't forget toffee bonbons, it's a quarter pound not 200 fucking grams.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    This is the current future of every single country on the planet. It is our future, because it is their past and present.

For sale: Greek islands, hotels and historic sites
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    This is the current future of every single country on the planet. It is our future, because it is their past and present.

Oh thanks Mashers for the great link. I just bought me a couple of Greek Islands and a 200 room hotel. The Greek government will pay to fill the hotel with Syrian refugees, so I guess I can now retire to my Island, without the hotel full of poor people

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Oh thanks Mashers for the great link. I just bought me a couple of Greek Islands and a 200 room hotel. The Greek government will pay to fill the hotel with Syrian refugees, so I guess I can now retire to my Island, without the hotel full of poor people
    From what I've read, you might be able to get some form of tax break. Did you just describe the prison system and actually buy a prison
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    From what I've read, you might be able to get some form of tax break. Did you just describe the prison system and actually buy a prison
    CRIKEY MASHERS - WHAT A GREAT IDEA.

I'M GOING TO BUILD ME A HUGE EXTENSION TO THAT HOTEL ON MY ISLAND (WITH EU GRANTS) AND IMPRISON - OOPS I MEAN - PROVIDE VERY BASIC ACCOMODATION FOR THOUSANDS OF THE POOR UNFORTUNATE F#CKERS

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    CRIKEY MASHERS - WHAT A GREAT IDEA.

I'M GOING TO BUILD ME A HUGE EXTENSION TO THAT HOTEL ON MY ISLAND (WITH EU GRANTS) AND IMPRISON - OOPS I MEAN - PROVIDE VERY BASIC ACCOMODATION FOR THOUSANDS OF THE POOR UNFORTUNATE F#CKERS
    Welcome to the dark side.
    We have cake.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500

Bullshit.
    This is the result of endemic corruption in Greece.

Whereas this is the case in other countries, it is not the case in NZ.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Welcome to the dark side.
    We have cake.
    the cake is a lie

Thread Information