Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Bob makes this old man smile

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob

Fat Bob makes this old man smile

Never thought I would own a HD, but after much arm twisting and encouragement from a few of my Harley owning mates I mortgaged the house for a 2010 one owner Gloss Black Fat Bob. I rode it back to Wanganui from Kapiti and ended up with face ache from smiling the whole way home. After walking out to the shed 10 times over the next few hours simply to just lovingly look at her, the missus got jealous, I think it was hearing me talking to her as I stroked her beautiful contours with a cloth in my hand, lol.

Nothing like my previous and current Japanese bike which I enjoy, but there is something that I cant put my finger on that sees me going straight to this Black mistress every time I enter the shed.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    all you need now is a leather waistcoat and a wallet on a chain,

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Never thought I would own a HD, but after much arm twisting and encouragement from a few of my Harley owning mates I mortgaged the house for a 2010 one owner Gloss Black Fat Bob. I rode it back to Wanganui from Kapiti and ended up with face ache from smiling the whole way home. After walking out to the shed 10 times over the next few hours simply to just lovingly look at her, the missus got jealous, I think it was hearing me talking to her as I stroked her beautiful contours with a cloth in my hand, lol.

Nothing like my previous and current Japanese bike which I enjoy, but there is something that I cant put my finger on that sees me going straight to this Black mistress every time I enter the shed.
    Have some cunt cross into your lane and take your leg off should ruin the dream.....seriously, enjoy, its a cunt when somebody takes it from you

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Had a short ride on one last year and was surprised at how bad it didn't feel. Vance Hines pipes sounded massive, yeah I liked it - very cool bike.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    Have some cunt cross into your lane and take your leg off should ruin the dream.....seriously, enjoy, its a cunt when somebody takes it from you

Pharkin ell mate, I have no reply to that. The risks in Bike riding are pretty high and I know it is in my mind a lot when riding. I have a buggered ankle, (total ankle fusion0 from an old racing injury, hence the sidecar I have being built, but I recently found the forward foot pegs and shifter a lot easier to use than on mid controls.

I found it difficult to ride with mid controls and thought HDs would be impossible, but after being offered the chance of a ride I was amazed at the easy handling of such a big machine, counter steering really plays a big part in riding these monsters.

I don't know you skippa1 but don't let some bastard steal your dreams, we have so many modern aids today , with button shifters etc and sidecars are fun if you want to get back on the road.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    all you need now is a leather waistcoat and a wallet on a chain,
    Will a Denim vest suffice, lol

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Pharkin ell mate, I have no reply to that. The risks in Bike riding are pretty high and I know it is in my mind a lot when riding. I have a buggered ankle, (total ankle fusion0 from an old racing injury, hence the sidecar I have being built, but I recently found the forward foot pegs and shifter a lot easier to use than on mid controls.

I found it difficult to ride with mid controls and thought HDs would be impossible, but after being offered the chance of a ride I was amazed at the easy handling of such a big machine, counter steering really plays a big part in riding these monsters.

I don't know you skippa1 but don't let some bastard steal your dreams, we have so many modern aids today , with button shifters etc and sidecars are fun if you want to get back on the road.
    Do you use the heal shift for up shifts? Yeah enjoy what you like to ride.

Some cool new auto bikes around these days to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Had a short ride on one last year and was surprised at how bad it didn't feel. Vance Hines pipes sounded massive, yeah I liked it - very cool bike.

Certainly surprised me, this Fat Bobs pretty standard, 6" risers, pull back bars, performance research specs removed and improved baffles, headers cut open and catlyctic converter removed. sounds nice and is as loud as you allow it to be.

Not sure if I want or need to do the normal changes like air filters and pipes, although I do hear the Vance and Hines two into one exhaust adds some HP and a high flow air intake adds some more.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Do you use the heal shift for up shifts? Yeah enjoy what you like to ride.

Some cool new auto bikes around these days to.

I have looked at fitting a heel shift, but I don't seem to need to have the same speed for shifting as with the Japanese bikes, The slight clunk as I change
    is apparently acceptable with a HD, lol

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    bad week eh?
    You've got plenty left before we fit you out for a wooden coat, so make next one better.

Bike
    Dont have one now

Take no notice of me.........enjoy your ride

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    bad week eh?
    You've got plenty left before we fit you out for a wooden coat, so make next one better.
    Will do...

Bike
    '03 FXD
    After nearly 50 years of riding and owning a multitude of makes and models I bought my first harley in Feb and love it.I think you either get it or you don't huh.
    Pics please.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    Take no notice of me.........enjoy your ride

No way mate, I appreciated your post, Nothing I can say to ease your pain except that I have a velorex sidecar sitting in the shed if you ever decide that you want to try 3 wheels.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    No way mate, I appreciated your post, Nothing I can say to ease your pain except that I have a velorex sidecar sitting in the shed if you ever decide that you want to try 3 wheels.
    Cheers...im ok, old bad cunts usually are. Not decided on what i will do yet,trying to learn to walk like a pirateat the moment. Plenty of time to decide, as Akzle said, im not in a pine suit so all good.

Thread Information