Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual profiles on Windows 10 (Surface Pro 4)

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    cron yo .
    No good if I don't know when I'll be working.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Problem is that you'd have to create a watcher task or a service to constantly monitor the Network to detect changes - which is like cracking a walnut with a tactical nuke (in this case anyway)
    like the built in wifi scanning bizzo., innit.
    Most routers will announce/push their ssid.

Bike
    CB1300
    If timing and networks are variable you can either: suck it up and create a different profile or create aforementioned bats or exes with a shortcut to run whatever you want.

Third possibly more frustrating initially is to run a productivity app that let's you set a profile.

I used to use one called either light room or dark room I got from the store that you list all the apps you want to disable in a particular context. E.g kill all mail, comms or productivity app traffic when in meeting mode. Kill only comms when doing research. Or the one I really liked, sleep or low priority everything except your current screen.
    I don't have the work asset I had it on so can't tell you for sure what it was or if it is available for 10.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    If timing and networks are variable you can either: suck it up and create a different profile or create aforementioned bats or exes with a shortcut to run whatever you want.

Third possibly more frustrating initially is to run a productivity app that let's you set a profile.

I used to use one called either light room or dark room I got from the store that you list all the apps you want to disable in a particular context. E.g kill all mail, comms or productivity app traffic when in meeting mode. Kill only comms when doing research. Or the one I really liked, sleep or low priority everything except your current screen.
    I don't have the work asset I had it on so can't tell you for sure what it was or if it is available for 10.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    I can't find the software any more.
    But - This article might just tell you how to do what you want form the native properties. On Android I do something similar and provide exceptions for those apps that I do want people to be able to contact me on. E.g, I have skype messenger blocked but I have facebook messenger allowed.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/233215/how-...in-windows-10/

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    Sounds like just having two accounts is going to be so much easier. On the home account make it so your email/skype etc doesn't boot on startup.

Or just close them. Right click -> Close/exit. It can't be that hard.

Buy a separate tablet for home.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Turns out I was just being a n00b.

Thread Information