Thread: Auckland Supermoto?

Bike
    R1

Auckland Supermoto?

Hi Folks,
    I currently live in CHCH and am going to move at the end of the month to Auckland. I have 2 motards and was wondering if they have any supermoto races in auckland? All I found was 1 post from 2006 and that was it!

I have looked at the local tracks in the area and they seem to be rather "straight" compared to ruapuna. Hampton downs seems like a nice track but it is rather a long drive and also seem more suited for high speed sportbikes or cars. Also, are there any weekly testing days like at Ruapuna where you show up, pay and hit the track in 20+30 minute sessions every Friday? All I saw were very few track days at double the cost with the 3-4 level tier system that to me seems like a waste of time. To me, that is almost promoting street racing by making it difficult to get track time. I have seen Auckland Motorcycle Club but no light weight class.

I did find a couple of interesting tracks that are go-kart tracks but when I sent them an email, all I heard were crickets. Where do you guys go to ride supermotos.

Thanks,
    Madness; "God, I love America."

Bike
    2008 Husqvarna 450 motard
    Hi there, AMCC run their club series at Hampton, you can run a supermoto in clubmans with them. Their fees may be around $320.00 to enter. Hampton do trackdays at a cost of $170.00 plus a garage I think. Hamilton club have just had round one of their winter series on track 2 at taupo. $140.00 to enter supermotard, I think $30 more to cross enter intermediate race class. Excellent value for money. Track 2 is great for motards. VMCC and PMCC also do events at manfield, bit far though. All the best.
    Sean

Bike
    R1
    Quote Originally Posted by busadayz View Post
    Hi there, AMCC run their club series at Hampton, you can run a supermoto in clubmans with them. Their fees may be around $320.00 to enter. Hampton do trackdays at a cost of $170.00 plus a garage I think. Hamilton club have just had round one of their winter series on track 2 at taupo. $140.00 to enter supermotard, I think $30 more to cross enter intermediate race class. Excellent value for money. Track 2 is great for motards. VMCC and PMCC also do events at manfield, bit far though. All the best.
    Thanks Sean,
    I guess I'm losing out by moving to Auckland with a motorcycle. CHCH had the track on the edge of town and every Friday, you could show up, pay $80 and alternate 30 minute sessions with the cars all day. Excellent value for the money and also very convenient. I was looking more for a testing day, not organised race events or track days. I am interested in the race events too but, looking for a place to practice. Guess that is what the streets are for.....

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    Yeah, track days around Auckland normally consist of going to taupo for the weekend, or paying through the nose at hamptons.

Playday on track guys have just been thrown out of Hampton downs as it doesnt fit the "prestige profile" Tony Quinn is chasing, and it sounds like the 4wd track around there may get thrown out as well.

Tony doesnt much like bikes, but I believe amcc has a standing contract there. Lots of animosity around the local car scene towards him as he's shut down all the legal skids and gymkhana track days as well as effectively thrown out all the grassroots stuff.

And he likes bikes even less, its about to get real dufficult to use hamptons if you arent a premium member of his little clique.

In saying that, the track itself is fantastic, as is taupo, not done puke on a bike but it used to be rough as hell in a car.

Most sumo schenanigans are done on the roads around here as there is very little option... Im actually considering a shift to chch because motorsport....

Bike
    R1
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-on-wheels View Post
    Yeah, track days around Auckland normally consist of going to taupo for the weekend, or paying through the nose at hamptons.

Playday on track guys have just been thrown out of Hampton downs as it doesnt fit the "prestige profile" Tony Quinn is chasing, and it sounds like the 4wd track around there may get thrown out as well.

Tony doesnt much like bikes, but I believe amcc has a standing contract there. Lots of animosity around the local car scene towards him as he's shut down all the legal skids and gymkhana track days as well as effectively thrown out all the grassroots stuff.

And he likes bikes even less, its about to get real dufficult to use hamptons if you arent a premium member of his little clique.

In saying that, the track itself is fantastic, as is taupo, not done puke on a bike but it used to be rough as hell in a car.

Most sumo schenanigans are done on the roads around here as there is very little option... Im actually considering a shift to chch because motorsport....
    You know, at first I was a little angry with your post because of the "prestige profile" of this Tony Quinn fellow. I was going to send the track an email because every prestige racing facility offers a place for motorcycles to test. I'm not a kiwi but, kiwi's are famous for the Britten out of CHCH and that is known throughout the world. So, just before I sent the email I went to the website and before I did anything extreme, I saw a news letter for 20/6/2016. Below is a quote from it.

"Motorbike enthusiasts will get unprecedented access to all circuits at Hampton Downs through its newly announced MotoHD initiative.

This brand new concept, which supersedes Playday for bikes at the north Waikato circuit, will deliver regular and affordable access to track days on the new 1.2km Club circuit, the existing 2.7km National circuit and the new 4km International Grand Prix Circuit."

So maybe there is a little light at the end of the tunnel? Looks like it will be $170 with 3 or 4 levels on the track and about every 2 weeks.....ehhh not sure. It is better than nothing but, might take the trip to Taupo depending on the price and format. Not crazy about the 20 minute sessions.

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-on-wheels View Post

Source? Can't seem to find this online anywhere...

Bike
    R1

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    Source? Can't seem to find this online anywhere...
    His source is nothing more than rubbish rumor. Sloan Frost has been approached by Mr Quinn for advertising and promoting, and bike test days are coming.

Bike
    A fast one
    Thanks...I'm obviously blind.

Will reserve comment for another thread.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    The 1.2k club track should be good for motard.

Bike
    R1
    Deleted, must stay nice

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    probably referred to this,

Playday on Track
    1 hr ·
    Hi People, yes it was the last Playday at Hampton's on Sunday. A sad day and out of our control, we were told only 2 weeks ago that all our bookings were to be moved to the little 1.1k track and that a $30 health and safety tax was to be imposed on all entrants without any notice, this would start from the 1st July. We were also told that Playday would not be allowed to host any bike events at Hamptons. When we asked if our existing bookings would be honoured as Playday had already advertised and sold many spots to people the answer was “NO” This left us no choice but to cancel the events we had booked, refund to all those that had pre-paid and also apologise to all our customers for mucking them around. Playday has had an awesome 6 years at Hampton's and made some really good friends and given plenty of smiles but that chapter has closed but all is not bad, Playday will be offering days on a regular basis at Puke, Taupo and Manfeild. Thanks for all the support guys, we will see you at the race track real soon. Cheers, The Playday Team

I know a few boys used to practice at the Kart Track at Mt Wellington, but its pretty small,

the new club track at hampton should be good, but the national circuit and pukekohe are pretty hard on them,

Auckland has not had many motard events, there was a meeting once at the drag strip, but it was a one off,
    mostly the motard boys race at taupo and manfeild,

be good to have some more racing in the top half of the north island, there is a proper motard event (with a dirt section) coming back to taupo next year,

Bike
    A fast one
    I wonder what the changes to the track/removal of Playdays by the new owner means for the AMCC ART days?

Bike
    RS125
    Pukekohe runs test days, although i see the price has almost doubled...
    Quote Originally Posted by Counties Racing
    CONTROLLED TESTING

Next Controlled Testing Date:

Saturday 11th June 2016

Saturday 18th June 2016

Saturday 30th July 2016

Saturday 20th August 2016

**New Pricing - $150.00 per vehicle**
    Taken from here : http://www.countiesracing.co.nz/motor-racing/

Thread Information