Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Triple down memory lane

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Very nice mate,to be fair i knew it would be with your history.Fwiw dragged the old garage queen TL outta the shed the other day and took a ride over to Cromwell which is further than its been for years,loved it thouigh must admit to not xactly being match fit so the old back was protesting by the time i got homeBe great to catch up for an ale,keep us posted with progress on the Triple.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Very nice mate,to be fair i knew it would be with your history.Fwiw dragged the old garage queen TL outta the shed the other day and took a ride over to Cromwell which is further than its been for years,loved it thouigh must admit to not xactly being match fit so the old back was protesting by the time i got homeBe great to catch up for an ale,keep us posted with progress on the Triple.

Just tinkering away slowly & using up some elbow grease when time allows mate ; the bones are fairly good so it's mostly strip/clean/reassemble of a lot of the parts. Other bits are taking a bit of effort with the amount of rust & corrosion.

Always good to blow the cobwebs out ...Cromwell huh, did you do the loop up the haka & back down thru the pig root? hear what you're saying about the old back be glad you aren't my height
    Was just talking the other day about that mighty effort we put in at the March Hare a few years back still remember you guiding Dale into his tent via the use of your boot will have to make a point of catching up for a brew

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    Just tinkering away slowly & using up some elbow grease when time allows mate ; the bones are fairly good so it's mostly strip/clean/reassemble of a lot of the parts. Other bits are taking a bit of effort with the amount of rust & corrosion.

Always good to blow the cobwebs out ...Cromwell huh, did you do the loop up the haka & back down thru the pig root? hear what you're saying about the old back be glad you aren't my height
    Was just talking the other day about that mighty effort we put in at the March Hare a few years back still remember you guiding Dale into his tent via the use of your boot will have to make a point of catching up for a brew
    When i think of that night i to still have a chuckle,Dale literally flew off the end of my boot in to/against that tent...seemed hell bent on taking back his man hood after all that shite we filled him up with...fucking funny,still.Went up through Haka and back the same way.Ive no doubt the XS will a credit to ya when done,bit like all your bikes as long as ive known you.Few of us going for a short but awesome jaunt next weekend ie down to Dunners then back home via Middlemarch which is a great ride,last year i went on a Ford run with a few other guys in GT/GTP Falcons over there though not as good a run on 4 wheels as two was a great day out.

Bike
    When i think of that night i to still have a chuckle,Dale literally flew off the end of my boot in to/against that tent...seemed hell bent on taking back his man hood after all that shite we filled him up with...fucking funny,still.
    He was trying but I'm sure we'd shattered any chance of him regaining his man hood...was well out classed
    Do you remember this pic below from the following year see I'm always there to lend a helping hand
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08 hare.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	326465  

Bike
    He was trying but I'm sure we'd shattered any chance of him regaining his man hood...was well out classed
    Do you remember this pic below from the following year see I'm always there to lend a helping hand
    Indeed i do mate,be worse places to put your mug i reckon...was that the year you put the tent up by TL powered light?

Bike
    Indeed i do mate,be worse places to put your mug i reckon...was that the year you put the tent up by TL powered light?
    indeed it was the year of the TL lighting assist On the GPZ, ol Chancy was grinning like a Cheshire cat most of that weekend..... geez bloody 8yrs ago almost 9

Bike
    indeed it was the year of the TL lighting assist On the GPZ, ol Chancy was grinning like a Cheshire cat most of that weekend..... geez bloody 8yrs ago almost 9
    Went quick eh,good times.Had to do a second take on the pic...didnt recognize the head with hair on it

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laverda_1000_Jota[1].jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	865.7 KB 
ID:	326509

Off subject but

Besides the Yammy I mentioned in another post, One other bike I went back to look at a couple of times was an awesome looking late 70s early 80s? Laverda Jota 1000cc triple, I have seen this distinctive orange bike a couple of times now and think it possibly resides in Wanganui.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post

Off subject but

Besides the Yammy I mentioned in another post, One other bike I went back to look at a couple of times was an awesome looking late 70s early 80s? Laverda Jota 1000cc triple, I have seen this distinctive orange bike a couple of times now and think it possibly resides in Wanganui.
    Big price difference between an XS and the Jota.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Big price difference between an XS and the Jota.
    When the XS750 came out I believe it was more targeted at the BMW market, at half the BMW price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Got a bit more done as time has allowed.
    The mufflers arrived so fitted them to see how things would go...almost issue free, just the mounting plates
    supplied aren't really up for it so will have to knock up something a bit more suitable.
    Hooked everything up for a quick run to see/hear what the ears are in for and mmm yeah surprising
    Thought it'd be a lot louder than it was...looking through them there's a hell of a lot of daylight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of XS750SE pipe right.jpg 
Size:	341.4 KB 
ID:	326656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of XS750SE pipe left.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	292.9 KB 
ID:	326657  

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post

That actually looks like a Jota. Right colour and all.

Every big Laverda I've seen was referred to as a Jota but the Jota was not a standard Laverda model. The Jota was produced specially for the British importer Slater Bros. No Laverda sold new anywhere else was a Jota.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That actually looks like a Jota. Right colour and all.

Every big Laverda I've seen was referred to as a Jota but the Jota was not a standard Laverda model. The Jota was produced specially for the British importer Slater Bros. No Laverda sold new anywhere else was a Jota.
    Roger Slater started in 73 with a 3cl....that was the 1st in jota spec. In 76 it made production & Slater named it "Jota" ......british noise regs killed it ....and a conversion kit was rarely fitted effectively nuturing the bike & killing its rep.
    Laverda factory took the mods done by Slater and applied them making for the 1st factory built jotas. 1981 mod being the purists choice with the 120deg crank....a 180deg crank big block is a animal of an engine

Bike
    Got a bit more done as time has allowed.
    The mufflers arrived so fitted them to see how things would go...almost issue free, just the mounting plates
    supplied aren't really up for it so will have to knock up something a bit more suitable.
    Hooked everything up for a quick run to see/hear what the ears are in for and mmm yeah surprising
    Thought it'd be a lot louder than it was...looking through them there's a hell of a lot of daylight
    Very nice mate,coming along good.

Bike
    Roger Slater started in 73 with a 3cl....that was the 1st in jota spec. In 76 it made production & Slater named it "Jota" ......british noise regs killed it ....and a conversion kit was rarely fitted effectively nuturing the bike & killing its rep.
    Laverda factory took the mods done by Slater and applied them making for the 1st factory built jotas. 1981 mod being the purists choice with the 120deg crank....a 180deg crank big block is a animal of an engine
    Dunno about the Orange colour thing,cant remember the exact year but do remember at the time my old man was riding a 78 900SS which wasnt that old and a bloke from Christchurch that worked for him turned up on a brand new Jota that was bought off a dealer in Christchurch and was Blue...kind of a dark blue.The SS was a great story in itself,he bought the thing over the ditch put it (crated) on a boat then picked it up at wharf in Wellington finished putting it together and rode it home to just North of Parnassus.

Thread Information