Thread: Sweden and Norway 2017

Bike
    Husqvarna TE 2007

Sweden and Norway 2017

Hi all

Has anyone toured Sweden and Norway? I thinking of doing this June July 2017
    Bike hire seems to be quiet difficult from there reading the interweb, with most of tourists taking their own bike from country of origin.
    Any help or advice appreciated, thanks

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quite a few euros tour this little spot of ours. They ask a lot of questions on KB and get some good advice. I have had a couple or more stay here because they seemed like serious adventurers who may want a rest with trimmings. I'm sure that if you looked in the 'coming and going', threads you would be able to pm some of those who have been and gone and they may just go out of their way to help you with the info you need.

Bike
    02 VFR800
    Nordic biker here, was directed to the forum due to an upcoming holiday to NZ

Norway is definitely a great place to ride, especially the north (between Trondheim and Nordkapp) and the coastline. Sweden not so much - it's a place of fast flat roads, but some nice cities there.

Bike hire will be expensive, but over here in Estonia you can buy a bike as a non-resident in half a day as long as you have a local to vouch for you to the state. Have a look at eng.mototehnika.ee for the prices and selection (obviously poor selection at the moment, it's winter).

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by 50Shades View Post
    Hi all

Bike hire seems to be quiet difficult from there reading the interweb, with most of tourists taking their own bike from country of origin.
    there's a spare bed at both urban hoglin and heidi paakkonen place in sweden

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Theres a good fb site called swedish girls
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by 50Shades View Post
    Hi all

Hi,
    I have been doing similar research in the past (due to having family in Denmark), and concluded that it was probably better to ship a decently kitted machine over to Scandinavia.

I have also searched a number of international websites/forums e.g. (i) HUBB - http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/ (ii) ADVRider - http://advrider.com/index.php, and found some useful information. You will need to have a profile created in each case.

On a separate tangent, I was reading a new book ("The Long way to Vladivostok" by Shirley and Brian Rix, two Australian bikers) who did a trip from Denmark up through to the top of Norway and back down through Finland and Sweden back in 2014. I have been in contact with them the last two days regarding books, but you might get a reply from them through their website ( http://www.aussiesoverland.com.au/ ).
    They may have faced similar challenges or have some useful thoughts.

Added: There are quite a few YouTube videos of travelers making a similar trip. (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUyp...ature=youtu.be )
    just to give us an indication. This one was by a Dutchman who headed north from the Netherlands up through Germany and Denmark, and criss-crossed back and forth between Norway, Sweden and Finland before heading home.

All the best.

Thread Information