Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What can be done about diesel spills? Rider crashed 3/07/16 on Takas

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...give up people...this cunt is on cassinna's level...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...give up people...this cunt is on cassinna's level...
    May I respectfully disagree? As remarkable as it may seem a new level has been attained. The solution though is only a few clicks away.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Agree...

Cassina is ignorant ,repetitive and boring

RPG fodder is ignorant, repetitive ,boring AND obnoxious
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    2009 KTM990
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Agree...

Cassina is ignorant ,repetitive and boring

RPG fodder is ignorant, repetitive ,boring AND obnoxious
    Your choice to read the posts your choice to reply In the way you see fit........

My problem how.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Have been following this with mild interest, suddenly for some reason this famous Kiwi advt sprang to mind.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...9A&FORM=VRDGAR

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Difficult to see how he could highlight the complete lack of traction any better than by sliding across it. Maybe he could have stopped, got off the bike and demonstrated that you couldn't actually stand on it either...
    Thanks for the pro-tip, I would have said over the Sena "diesel spill watch out".

I should have stopped and done a slippery break-dance in the diesel or high-sided.

Anyway, seeing as nothing is likely to change regarding diesel spills on roads anytime soon, the best thing we can do as riders is learn to spot it and alert others we're riding with.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post
    Thanks for the pro-tip, I would have said over the Sena "diesel spill watch out".

I should have stopped and done a slippery break-dance in the diesel or high-sided.

Anyway, seeing as nothing is likely to change regarding diesel spills on roads anytime soon, the best thing we can do as riders is learn to spot it and alert others we're riding with.

Why cant we make some noise to try and reduce the spills? or any ideas who we write to/contact so that this problem can maybe get some recognition

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Why cant we make some noise to try and reduce the spills? or any ideas who we write to/contact so that this problem can maybe get some recognition
    This thread actually holds the vital clue why we cant get stuff like this resolved. Motorcyclists all secretly hate each other and criticises bitterly what ever any other motorcyclist does... Its an ancient charter or something...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    This thread actually holds the vital clue why we cant get stuff like this resolved. Motorcyclists all secretly hate each other and criticises bitterly what ever any other motorcyclist does... Its an ancient charter or something...

I think with so many different aspects of motorcycling we all get something different from it.

This appears to generate conflict between the various groups, same with Hunting, we do it for many different reasons.

But what I do notice is when something affects all groups we tend to come together, (well mostly) lol

I believe we can do something about Diesel spillage, particularly from leaking tank caps, we just need to make plenty of noise and into the right ears, sooner or later they get sick of the barrage and will hopefully look into it, Crikey, it is riders lives being put at risk is it not.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I did that once, but it was low speed because I noted the signs of a truck brushing the bank on a tight corner. Little did I know that he'd torn his tank open. I negotiated the clay all over the road and then found myself lying on my side watching my beloved TRX smack into a cliff face. I stood up and promptly fell over and then managed to drag myself out of the way of the spinning RAV4 approaching me. The driver was awesome and gave me a lift back to Featherston and backed my story for the Insurance and Cops. We had a coffee while she and I calmed down.

We weren't taken seriously, the truckie was never found and the other two accidents caused by the decent diesel slicks he left heading to Wellington weren't apparently connected in any way.

I think Ocean said it best, that the cost of compliance for diesel tanks would preclude doing anything real about the issue, and in the meantime, you have use a bit of nouse when negotiating any road with hairpins and switchbacks, as the signs are there to see, but it's difficult to judge if its a month old stain or fresh.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    one solution would be to conduct a flare test:

If your cap is loose - you put a lit Flare in the tank.

When the Vehicles Explodes/burns up in flames - you will know that it won't be able to spill Diesel on the road again.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by RGVforme View Post
    Wank me a river of cum :
    You thirsty again?

Ohhhh...Poor Diddums! RGVcumguzzler has lost his rag again.

"Oh fuck off fuck face.." is the rep this time. Always the ones that like giving it out that can't hack it eh. Make sure you wear a bib, so as to catch the jizz you might dribble out when you're speaking. Cumdumpster.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    ...I believe we can do something about Diesel spillage, particularly from leaking tank caps, we just need to make plenty of noise and into the right ears, sooner or later they get sick of the barrage and will hopefully look into it, Crikey, it is riders lives being put at risk is it not.
    Those who live in either the Tauranga or the Tukituki electorate could visit their MP and have a chat to them. The MP for Tauranga is Simon Bridges - Minister of Transport. And Craig Foss is MP for Tukituki and Associate Minister of Transport.

Be interesting if those KBers who live in those electorates and who are quite vocal on here are prepared to make an appointment to see their local MP and discuss this issue with them...

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I think Ocean said it best, that the cost of compliance for diesel tanks would preclude doing anything real about the issue,
    Oh I think a low pressure test would be easy enough to implement. But it requires change, and whatever the reason the relevant authorities don't see us as anyone who's opinion they respect* as relevant to their sandpit, so change isn't likely.

* Not sure why, if there's a group of people with more experience and expertise with the particular set of friction coefficients that define available traction for a rubber tyred vehicle than motorcyclists I'd like to meet them, I'd have them on a starting grid somewhere within a month.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Those who live in either the Tauranga or the Tukituki electorate could visit their MP and have a chat to them. The MP for Tauranga is Simon Bridges - Minister of Transport. And Craig Foss is MP for Tukituki and Associate Minister of Transport.

Be interesting if those KBers who live in those electorates and who are quite vocal on here are prepared to make an appointment to see their local MP and discuss this issue with them...

Great thinking, I will definitely make an approach to Chester Borrows in our area, How can we get all Motor cyclists to take such a simple step, Shit I think we would all enjoy seeing a reduction in incidents caused by spillage, if its at all possible.

Thread Information