Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What can be done about diesel spills? Rider crashed 3/07/16 on Takas

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Oh I think a low pressure test would be easy enough to implement. But it requires change, and whatever the reason the relevant authorities don't see us as anyone who's opinion they respect* as relevant to their sandpit, so change isn't likely.

* Not sure why, if there's a group of people with more experience and expertise with the particular set of friction coefficients that define available traction for a rubber tyred vehicle than motorcyclists I'd like to meet them, I'd have them on a starting grid somewhere within a month.
    Change is always regarded as avoidable cost, particularly where motorcyclists are involved. It's easier and cheaper to legislate against motorcyclists, chastise them for a lack of skill or blame them for riding too fast for the conditions, conditions that may involve lubricant at a random point.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I actually thought the one thing that would have brought all motorcyclists together on here was the high reg costs we pay and when I proposed a fairer fee concept I just got attacked from those on here happy to be paying what we are. So those who enjoy debating with me on the topic then I can only assume are quite wealthy or have a history of being at fault in crashes or fear being at fault. You would think a diesel cap inspection would be simple to add to an inspection considering a lose fitting cap is going to eat into the trucking companies profits too.
    If RUC's were built into the price of Diesel, you'd never see a leak. From the trucking companies point of view, diesel is cheap - and written into the costs of a job.

Thread Information