Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 115 of 115

Thread: So what's the best sports tourer?

  1. #106
    Join Date
    4th June 2013 - 17:33
    Bike
    R1200GSA
    Location
    Kapiti
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Turns out it was to good to miss. Sitting outside now.

    The mods have started.
    Good man! health to enjoy

    BTW, the tankbags and levers are still on the go on TM if you are interested. I use the same moniker on there.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

  2. #107
    Join Date
    14th July 2006 - 21:39
    Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    9,083
    Blog Entries
    8
    If you are looking for a slip-on try these guys - Mivv do a very nice pipe - Euro to NZ is high and their shipping is decent and quick. The cheapest one you'll land for about $360 NZ

    http://www.carpimoto.it/en-NZ/Bike_S...ic/Search.aspx

  3. #108
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,696
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    If you are looking for a slip-on try these guys - Mivv do a very nice pipe - Euro to NZ is high and their shipping is decent and quick. The cheapest one you'll land for about $360 NZ

    http://www.carpimoto.it/en-NZ/Bike_S...ic/Search.aspx
    It came with a carbon Yoshi. Real nice one. Apart from the ride home was very quiet. Now the DB killer fell out it sounds like it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Good man! health to enjoy

    BTW, the tankbags and levers are still on the go on TM if you are interested. I use the same moniker on there.
    Cheers but it came with a tankloc bag and I already have the bigger one.

    Just doing a quick turn throttle and Ultralows has made a huge difference. Also done springs in the forks but no re-valve yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    9th April 2015 - 16:03
    Bike
    Bandit 1200s, gsx600f
    Location
    Woodville
    Posts
    113
    Well at the lower end of the Bandit scale, I spent the first day working on the new to me older bandit. Last 2 weeks saw new chain, new front tire, two new mirrors.

    today repacked the 2 bros can, found the handlebar height that works for me, replaced manky brake lever with new, degreased about an inch of crud, only another half inch to do.....Tested resistance on th throttle position sensor but real close to perfect settings. fixed loose indicators mounts on the monokey rack.

    Straightened up the twisted forks/triples. Cleaned filter, removed snorkel, change fork oil for heavier grade and nipped up the loose head bearings and.........uh oh!

    Big mother f%#^&ng notch. Ah well new tapered rollers going in next playday. I dunno what it is with me, I always seem to get the bikes owned previously by mono merchants. Every bike over the years has had steering bearings replaced by me......I thought tapered rollers would have been standard equipment by 1996, or it shoulda had them done before now..........

    Oh and chased down and found and fixed a pin hole fuel leak under tank. But thats hole other story.

    Still having fun

  6. #111
    Join Date
    25th April 2017 - 10:12
    Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSF1250s Bandit
    Location
    Pukekohe
    Posts
    9

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Couple of shots from our last trip south, great bike , does all I want well, still gives me the grin.

    Great pictures, awesome bike!!!
    Here's a link to my YouTube channel I've just finished uploading videos from our trip in May 2017. Got soft Oxford panniers and an R-Jay pack on a Ventura rack to carry the kitchen sink - literally!!! The bike powered up the hills effortlessly. The only negative is the hard seat which we improved with some homemade sheepskin covers tied on with velcro to remove easily if it rains. I notice you've got Air Hawk seat cushion; is it worth getting one?

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...4RCLDVsOAz9PVQ

  7. #112
    Join Date
    28th October 2012 - 13:59
    Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Location
    thata way
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Bandit View Post
    Great pictures, awesome bike!!!
    Here's a link to my YouTube channel I've just finished uploading videos from our trip in May 2017. Got soft Oxford panniers and an R-Jay pack on a Ventura rack to carry the kitchen sink - literally!!! The bike powered up the hills effortlessly. The only negative is the hard seat which we improved with some homemade sheepskin covers tied on with velcro to remove easily if it rains. I notice you've got Air Hawk seat cushion; is it worth getting one?

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...4RCLDVsOAz9PVQ
    Air Hawk made a HUGE IMPROVMENT, tried sheepskin, fitting Suzuki OEM gel seat without much increase in comfort.
    The trick is with the Air Hawk is to put in just enough air so your butt doesn't touch the original seat.
    Just did 1800km last weekend and no butt pain , bought one for my sons R3 for the trip and he was amazed.
    My pillion said after the SI trip that she would rather loose the Sena than the Airhawk.
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

  8. #113
    Join Date
    25th April 2017 - 10:12
    Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSF1250s Bandit
    Location
    Pukekohe
    Posts
    9

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Air Hawk made a HUGE IMPROVMENT, tried sheepskin, fitting Suzuki OEM gel seat without much increase in comfort.
    The trick is with the Air Hawk is to put in just enough air so your butt doesn't touch the original seat.
    Just did 1800km last weekend and no butt pain , bought one for my sons R3 for the trip and he was amazed.
    My pillion said after the SI trip that she would rather loose the Sena than the Airhawk.
    Thanks for the response. Sounds great, I'll definitely look into getting one

  9. #114
    Join Date
    22nd October 2002 - 11:00
    Bike
    2019 KTM Duke 790
    Location
    Coromandel Harbour
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Air Hawk made a HUGE IMPROVMENT, tried sheepskin, fitting Suzuki OEM gel seat without much increase in comfort.
    The trick is with the Air Hawk is to put in just enough air so your butt doesn't touch the original seat.
    Just did 1800km last weekend and no butt pain , bought one for my sons R3 for the trip and he was amazed.
    My pillion said after the SI trip that she would rather loose the Sena than the Airhawk.
    +1 on all counts. Did a 1600 km in under 24 hours endurance ride with one on my Street Triple. Sheer heaven on my arse

  10. #115
    Join Date
    24th July 2006 - 11:53
    Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Location
    Wgtn
    Posts
    5,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    +1 on all counts. Did a 1600 km in under 24 hours endurance ride with one on my Street Triple. Sheer heaven on my arse
    Can't stand the bloody things. Feels like you shat yer nappies an hour ago and are sliding around the seat in it.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •