Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So what's the best sports tourer?

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Turns out it was to good to miss. Sitting outside now.

The mods have started.
    Good man! health to enjoy

BTW, the tankbags and levers are still on the go on TM if you are interested. I use the same moniker on there.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    If you are looking for a slip-on try these guys - Mivv do a very nice pipe - Euro to NZ is high and their shipping is decent and quick. The cheapest one you'll land for about $360 NZ

http://www.carpimoto.it/en-NZ/Bike_S...ic/Search.aspx

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    If you are looking for a slip-on try these guys - Mivv do a very nice pipe - Euro to NZ is high and their shipping is decent and quick. The cheapest one you'll land for about $360 NZ

http://www.carpimoto.it/en-NZ/Bike_S...ic/Search.aspx
    It came with a carbon Yoshi. Real nice one. Apart from the ride home was very quiet. Now the DB killer fell out it sounds like it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Good man! health to enjoy

BTW, the tankbags and levers are still on the go on TM if you are interested. I use the same moniker on there.
    Cheers but it came with a tankloc bag and I already have the bigger one.

Just doing a quick turn throttle and Ultralows has made a huge difference. Also done springs in the forks but no re-valve yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2020 DL 1050 Vstrom RO
    Well at the lower end of the Bandit scale, I spent the first day working on the new to me older bandit. Last 2 weeks saw new chain, new front tire, two new mirrors.

today repacked the 2 bros can, found the handlebar height that works for me, replaced manky brake lever with new, degreased about an inch of crud, only another half inch to do.....Tested resistance on th throttle position sensor but real close to perfect settings. fixed loose indicators mounts on the monokey rack.

Straightened up the twisted forks/triples. Cleaned filter, removed snorkel, change fork oil for heavier grade and nipped up the loose head bearings and.........uh oh!

Big mother f%#^&ng notch. Ah well new tapered rollers going in next playday. I dunno what it is with me, I always seem to get the bikes owned previously by mono merchants. Every bike over the years has had steering bearings replaced by me......I thought tapered rollers would have been standard equipment by 1996, or it shoulda had them done before now..........

Oh and chased down and found and fixed a pin hole fuel leak under tank. But thats hole other story.

Still having fun

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSF1250s Bandit

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Couple of shots from our last trip south, great bike , does all I want well, still gives me the grin.

Great pictures, awesome bike!!!
    Here's a link to my YouTube channel I've just finished uploading videos from our trip in May 2017. Got soft Oxford panniers and an R-Jay pack on a Ventura rack to carry the kitchen sink - literally!!! The bike powered up the hills effortlessly. The only negative is the hard seat which we improved with some homemade sheepskin covers tied on with velcro to remove easily if it rains. I notice you've got Air Hawk seat cushion; is it worth getting one?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...4RCLDVsOAz9PVQ

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Bandit View Post
    Great pictures, awesome bike!!!
    Here's a link to my YouTube channel I've just finished uploading videos from our trip in May 2017. Got soft Oxford panniers and an R-Jay pack on a Ventura rack to carry the kitchen sink - literally!!! The bike powered up the hills effortlessly. The only negative is the hard seat which we improved with some homemade sheepskin covers tied on with velcro to remove easily if it rains. I notice you've got Air Hawk seat cushion; is it worth getting one?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...4RCLDVsOAz9PVQ
    Air Hawk made a HUGE IMPROVMENT, tried sheepskin, fitting Suzuki OEM gel seat without much increase in comfort.
    The trick is with the Air Hawk is to put in just enough air so your butt doesn't touch the original seat.
    Just did 1800km last weekend and no butt pain , bought one for my sons R3 for the trip and he was amazed.
    My pillion said after the SI trip that she would rather loose the Sena than the Airhawk.
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSF1250s Bandit

Thumbs up

Air Hawk made a HUGE IMPROVMENT, tried sheepskin, fitting Suzuki OEM gel seat without much increase in comfort.
    The trick is with the Air Hawk is to put in just enough air so your butt doesn't touch the original seat.
    Just did 1800km last weekend and no butt pain , bought one for my sons R3 for the trip and he was amazed.
    My pillion said after the SI trip that she would rather loose the Sena than the Airhawk.
    Thanks for the response. Sounds great, I'll definitely look into getting one

Bike
    Sold
    +1 on all counts. Did a 1600 km in under 24 hours endurance ride with one on my Street Triple. Sheer heaven on my arse

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    +1 on all counts. Did a 1600 km in under 24 hours endurance ride with one on my Street Triple. Sheer heaven on my arse
    Can't stand the bloody things. Feels like you shat yer nappies an hour ago and are sliding around the seat in it.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Thread Information