Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Royal Enfield ADV/TOUR

Bike
    The C**t.
    The dominator seems to just pull through anything happily.... until it snapped a chain at 130 and locked the back wheel.... mid overtake... with an oncoming tanker truck...

Twas rather interesting.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    I think people missunderstand how inexpensive it actually is to ship stuff... 40T containers dont cost much to ship form one side of the world to the other.... import duties are feck all if you get it from a country with a FTA in place --- like china... anyway --- I am looking forward to seeing one in the flesh especially if the price is lower than the reliable jap equivalents just for that reason that it is cheaper (i'm a scrooge) right now thinking a MT-03 at $6700 is a bargain though!

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    If they hold their value so well in the States? Why is if so attractive for companies to buy and ship container loads to Europe etc?

and as your own post points out,, it would be the cost of 'Shipping, import', etc charges that made any bike the same price as here...

I could have possibly saved a few bucks on the average NZ prices for the model I wanted with less due diligence (not been so fussy)

I only started looking over there because second hand HD prices from the shops here seemed over the top, it wasn't until I looked at bringing one over that I realised why, Now A container load of HDs would no doubt make you some coin, but your putting in a big outlay and probably along time with them sitting in the showroom as you sell them off.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    I could have possibly saved a few bucks on the average NZ prices for the model I wanted with less due diligence (not been so fussy)

I only started looking over there because second hand HD prices from the shops here seemed over the top, it wasn't until I looked at bringing one over that I realised why, Now A container load of HDs would no doubt make you some coin, but your putting in a big outlay and probably along time with them sitting in the showroom as you sell them off.
    If you're looking for a load of used Harleys, bring them in from Japan.

Bike
    2015/18 Blade, 81 Katana, KR150R
    I did the tour in India some years back on Enfields (they where early 2000's models so on the old system with disc breaks). Roads included ones washed out by monsoon and the 'classic' RE did very well. I'd say this version would have been the better bike for it and it looks good. These guys did the tour http://indianmotorcycleadventures.com/ (happy to recommend). I also road the Conti GT a while back and just loved it (such a great looking fun loving bike) but I soon realised if I tried by 2 hours a day commute it would just rattle itself to death as the build just did not seem up to that (love one in the shed though).

I can totally see some people doing the adventure tour thing on these new ones, if the early 2000's can take it (and they did) surely these new ones could for a while (more for the occasional weekender I think verses serious kms). There is just something about Enfield especially if you have something for India. I know at least one passionate ex-pat here who loves his RE and talks of the misty eye's of old men when he rides its about.

Great to see them make something like this. As for the Conti I'd never get tired of looking at it and I just smiled like a lune riding it. Laying prone on the highway I could not cox it over 120 but I was laughing with delight in the effort. It was great around town. I think there where performance kits coming out for them too (3rd party TSS would know otherwise the AK importers discussed it at the time I rode one). Might get a little more kick.

For kick I'd stick to my Blade but for kicks I could ride any RE and consider it a day well spent. I look forward to riding one of these before likewise passing it over as a non high kms commuter option. Be GREAT to take on up the Himalaya's though!

Bike

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    If you're looking for a load of used Harleys, bring them in from Japan.
    Already converted to RHD. Smart man.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    And here it is for sale in NZ...kind of. Listed on Trademe for $7,490.

BRAND SPANKING NEW !!

ARRIVING NOVEMBER ....ORDER NOW ( RRP IS ESTIMATE ONLY )
    Can they do that?? Order one at your potential financial peril, I guess.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1189924864.htm
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Blog Entries
    would be interested to see how it is in the flesh / go for a ride and see if its better in person than on paper. if she can get to and sit on 100kph ok too

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    would be interested to see how it is in the flesh / go for a ride and see if its better in person than on paper. if she can get to and sit on 100kph ok too
    If my local bike shop has a demo?? I'll go for a ride and let you know.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 1050se
    Blog Entries
    Love it. What a supercool no nonsense everyday workhorse bike with class. Something just seems right about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stuff everything...I've always got my bike.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    saw it pop up on trademe, http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1166450481.htm

did anyone ever get to demo ride one?

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    saw it pop up on trademe, http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1166450481.htm

did anyone ever get to demo ride one?
    Spoke to Jimmy at TSS today, They are on their way, maybe next month he will have a Demo one in the shop... I will definitely go grab a test on one.....
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Thread Information