Quote Originally Posted by tamarillo View Post
Horn. Use it. All credit OP and great to have these frank discussions. So let's start using our horns more. Beep beep on my stebel wakes a possible hazard up real quick and then a friendly wave of thanks keeps them happy.
We're are allowed to use them to creat awareness of our presence and it works a treat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All great until you annoy some nutter on P....

I had a co-worker go nuts once for a friendly beep to say hey your forklift is about to back into mine. He said in no uncertain words to never beep him again under any circumstances... just imagine him near you at junction....
I live near busy intersection and that many people beep these days to say hello to each other its fairly redundant as a warning alert device.
BTW its not annoying, its just background noise like drunken teenagers screaming in streets for fun, guess they don't read the boy who cried wolf at school these days.... But one night someone will be getting attacked for real and I wont be the one calling an ambo as I wont be lifting my head off pillow to see if real or not.....
Also be aware of beeping soemoen who may stop instead of carrying on out of the way of a collision. This is very important with truck horns, often in a near miss it can be more dangerous if you blast them and then they panic stop across your path.

Same for flashing lights, we have heaps of uk imports here now and their driving technique over there is to flash people to come through tight spots...