Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it bad to run a slightly smaller tyre?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    It's a pissing contest. Dreamed up by heroes who wanna wank on about how great the are on a bike.
    Is that really Drew or did someone steal his login ? because it'd be the the first intelligent thing the cunt has said since he's been here
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

For the love of fuck, ignore your chicken strip. They mean fuck all! I've done a half decent lap on a couple different bikes when I thought I was a bike racer, and there seemed to be no correlation between getting to the edge and my lap time.
    I think the theoretical point was that if he does indeed use all the wider tyre now he would be on the edge more with a narrower one. Or off the edge!

I remember some years back I think it was a story with Aaron Slight talking about maximizing the sweet spot on his race tyres - this was the area lent over but about 20-25 mm in from the edge - where he could give it lots of throttle and keep under control. The fast part of the tyre when cornering.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I think the theoretical point was that if he does indeed use all the wider tyre now he would be on the edge more with a narrower one. Or off the edge!

I remember some years back I think it was a story with Aaron Slight talking about maximizing the sweet spot on his race tyres - this was the area lent over but about 20-25 mm in from the edge - where he could give it lots of throttle and keep under control. The fast part of the tyre when cornering.
    Sill not how it works regarding getting to the edge of a tyre. Tyre rigidity is the biggest factor, and how it distorts when loaded.

But please, regale us more with tales of superbike riders and how their experience relates to a 12 horse power 300kg Hyosung.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Sill not how it works regarding getting to the edge of a tyre. Tyre rigidity is the biggest factor, and how it distorts when loaded.

But please, regale us more with tales of superbike riders and how their experience relates to a 12 horse power 300kg Hyosung.
    The Superbike tale backs up your comment on ignoring the chicken strip wank ya knob. He was not interested in the tyres edge for max cornering speed

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

yeah well i never heard of the somone falling of because ran of the edge of the tire sounds like world is flat idea. seemd good idea

at the time i never get no where touching the edges of the tread or touching foot pegs for that matter . ;-)

am crap at riding fast but just enjoy getting to A to B more concern for avoiding nuttas and bad drivers

Had this guy in 4 wheel drive last week get all road rage on my becuase get pissed people tail gatting me in my car.

I seen this guy before and frigin thing huge all see is this steel cage thing on the front in my rear mirror.

I taped the brakes bad mistake he roars up inside of me on single lane road . then follows me gets out walks to me drivers door

nuts of at me . all while am thinking f@##K am holding on to this door handle

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Fitted a wet slick to my 85 Camaro bobcat and boosted up the creek with 4 doz empty cody,s fly,n out the back, while hori pulled hard on some Te puke thunder to ease off the dodgy disco biscuits we got dealt by a lesbo road worker outside Opotiki.
    The wet slick fired us across the lane, in to a sulky driven by a retarded brethren, looking for his lost chicken, that raped a stoat outside KFC.
    The coppers showed up to to sort the brethren, but like most coppers got distracted, this time by multi coloured greek belly dances wearing costumes from Greta Garbos private collection.
    Then the morning started to go down hill...............

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    Fitted a wet slick to my 85 Camaro bobcat and boosted up the creek with 4 doz empty cody,s fly,n out the back, while hori pulled hard on some Te puke thunder to ease off the dodgy disco biscuits we got dealt by a lesbo road worker outside Opotiki.
    The wet slick fired us across the lane, in to a sulky driven by a retarded brethren, looking for his lost chicken, that raped a stoat outside KFC.
    The coppers showed up to to sort the brethren, but like most coppers got distracted, this time by multi coloured greek belly dances wearing costumes from Greta Garbos private collection.
    We should meet one day.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Shit - I'd go on a ride with you, you had me at Camaro.....

Bike
    2004ZX6R
    Had me at wet

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Someone at Pirelli decided to put super corsa in the chicken strip zone of my back tire just to tease me and I am struggling to remove it now I have half left and it looks like aliens have sent a war declaration on my tires in a strange text. Maybe I should drop down to a 190 rear tire next time.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Someone at Pirelli decided to put super corsa in the chicken strip zone of my back tire just to tease me and I am struggling to remove it now I have half left and it looks like aliens have sent a war declaration on my tires in a strange text. Maybe I should drop down to a 190 rear tire next time.
    HA - got the same on mine - the newish rear I can claim the winter weather for my reduced pace thus the remaining text .... come spring ......

If I remember one of the Metzeler tyres had little marks relating to lean angle.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    HA - got the same on mine - the newish rear I can claim the winter weather for my reduced pace thus the remaining text .... come spring ......

If I remember one of the Metzeler tyres had little marks relating to lean angle.
    They stick like glue I think they are good for the full lean on a clean road.
    Im wondering why they are only half worn at 2700 km the MV must have a great suspension set up. expected to see 2k max from the rear.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    We got dildo probed by a lesbo road worker outside Opotiki.

But like most coppers I got distracted................

Interesting work story?

Bike
    Blog Entries

eek

dont you mean el camcho thats what bestie boys sing or speak what ever they do .

I been in mates holdern manaroe superchared does that count shit loads wheelspin and tire smoke

Bike
    Blog Entries

That do wonders and the chain oil spray of works a treat too. had my cbr 900rr had rear down to the steel belts and bald front

to slids going to see mum at the cemetry front slid so gas it and then back let go happy memories ;-) up hill and on narrow road

woohoo thought was going join her was fun at the same time

Thread Information