Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it bad to run a slightly smaller tyre?

Bike
    gsx250
    Thought I'd update you all. Didn't end up going with the cheaper smaller tire. The hassle of finding a day when I can get some one to bring the tires with me and the fact that the money saved turned out to be zero was more than out weighed by the dire need to get rid of the 8 year old original shinko tires. They were starting to crack and were harder than morning wood.

I ended up with Michelin pilot streets. The big boy at cycletreads with the Rhodesian Ridgeback recommended them. They were a fair bit cheaper than the usual sport demon's and bt45 etc but are also radials. They come stock on the new r 3.

He also said that they're based off of the pilot road 2. Not sure if true or not but should get good mileage out of them and compared to the shinko very good grip. Just need to run them in now.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Appears they are ideal for your bike. Bung some kms on them and post up a report.

http://moto.michelin.com/DC/en/tyres...et-radial.html

Bike
    gsx250
    I don't really have anything to compare them to as my last two sets of tires have been 5 and 8 years old........

But I'll do my best when I've put a decent amount of kilometers on them

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by jafagsx250 View Post
    Thought I'd update you all. Didn't end up going with the cheaper smaller tire. The hassle of finding a day when I can get some one to bring the tires with me and the fact that the money saved turned out to be zero was more than out weighed by the dire need to get rid of the 8 year old original shinko tires. They were starting to crack and were harder than morning wood.

I ended up with Michelin pilot streets. The big boy at cycletreads with the Rhodesian Ridgeback recommended them. They were a fair bit cheaper than the usual sport demon's and bt45 etc but are also radials. They come stock on the new r 3.

He also said that they're based off of the pilot road 2. Not sure if true or not but should get good mileage out of them and compared to the shinko very good grip. Just need to run them in now.

That is what I have on my bike. They are decent, and much better than the stock well aged rubber that they replaced. Don't have a lot to compare them to but seem reasonably planted, although I am not that much of a racer so pretty much anything new would have sufficed.

Thread Information