Thread: Anyone in NZ making custom triple clamps?

Bike
    2000 Yamaha FZS 600

Anyone in NZ making custom triple clamps?

I have an FZS600 that I'm looking at throwing some USD forks onto. The most common way is to throw in either R6 or R1 forks but they seem to be rare as rocking horse poo so I'll probably end up having to replace the whole front end. I hear that milling the triple clamp to take the wider forks is a WOF / certification failure as it weakens the yoke. Was wondering if there was anyone in NZ that makes custom yokes?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by justanothernoob View Post
    I have an FZS600 that I'm looking at throwing some USD forks onto. The most common way is to throw in either R6 or R1 forks but they seem to be rare as rocking horse poo so I'll probably end up having to replace the whole front end. I hear that milling the triple clamp to take the wider forks is a WOF / certification failure as it weakens the yoke. Was wondering if there was anyone in NZ that makes custom yokes?
    fi engineering in hamilton but he's just had an op so unlikely to be working, stev will be able to point you in the right direction though

Bike
    2000 Yamaha FZS 600
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    fi engineering in hamilton but he's just had an op so unlikely to be working, stev will be able to point you in the right direction though
    thanks fella

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by justanothernoob View Post
    try the r1 forums

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250
    looking for one myself, with raisers mounted.
    The Honda option is good cheap but hard to mount bars to... I wonder what the cost is?
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Bike
    RSVR1000 YZ490J
    Quote Originally Posted by Arronduke View Post
    looking for one myself, with raisers mounted.
    The Honda option is good cheap but hard to mount bars to... I wonder what the cost is?
    I could prolly do it as long as you have all the specs you want

Thread Information