Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PunctureSafe

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Not that shit hot with tubed tires though.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassai View Post
    Do any of you guys/gals recommend or not recommend using a product in your tyres like PunctureSafe?

Its seems sensible and logical to me to protect yourself against punctures, but does it work, is it safe and does it have any adverse effects on tyres?

https://www.puncturesafe.com/
    I once used tyre Pando (am showing my age know ) on my xl 100 trail bike by the time rode little way to garage to try air in it must riped

the valve around the tube just poured out so noty sure how you meant to a get to servo to get the air back in the tube.

Most if all maged wheeled streetbike have tubless tires , by the time you know the things flat i rekon bit late unless gunk already in the tire.

am assuming it is in that product i surpose if you doing long distance everday it might be worth a try . but cant you get rubber bungs

All i know got blow out in my Old honda car and thing blew hole right through the steel belts . so was had it

I know flat front tire is pretty dire to ride on so yeah even to limp home at 15 kph

You get bike cover with the AA with you car AA plan and i assume roadside rescue and other plans i assume i never had punture on tubless tire but they do happen i guess.

I guess they trailer you bike back to your house or bike shop if you wish.

And run out fuel quite few times out of town and been god send have guy bring 5 litres or so of fuel.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    no good if your valve falis,
    ive had the odd puncture ,, but usually its been a damaged or broken valve

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Not that shit hot with tubed tires though.
    Well, you're supposed to remove tyre and patch tube.

Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    You get bike cover with the AA with you car AA plan and i assume roadside rescue and other plans i assume i never had punture on tubless tire but they do happen i guess.

I guess they trailer you bike back to your house or bike shop if you wish.
    Check your policy carefully, most have limited use, limited expense. Standard AA will get you to the nearest service centre and you have to have AA Plus to get you home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    ZZR 1100
    I have roadside service on AA and also with my State insurance and also with my mechanical warranty. The question is which bugger do I annoy first? LOL

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    I have roadside service on AA and also with my State insurance and also with my mechanical warranty. The question is which bugger do I annoy first? LOL
    Go on ring them both and give choclate fish to one arrives first just joking

I stoped helped lady tourist change blown tire on her rental car i thought what crap company but i was to help.

Bike
    ZZR 1100
    There was this Eskimo who was travelling around NZ in a hire car and had to pull over because he detected a problem with the car.

A Kiwi saw him and pulled over. The Kiwi inquired as to what was wrong and the Eskimo didnt know but pointed to the wheel. So the Kiwi bends down and has a look and after examining for a while he turns to the Eskimo and says "You've blown a seal".

In a much disgusted voice the Eskimo says "And you fucked a sheep!!"

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    There was this Eskimo who was travelling around NZ in a hire car and had to pull over because he detected a problem with the car.

A Kiwi saw him and pulled over. The Kiwi inquired as to what was wrong and the Eskimo didnt know but pointed to the wheel. So the Kiwi bends down and has a look and after examining for a while he turns to the Eskimo and says "You've blown a seal".

In a much disgusted voice the Eskimo says "And you fucked a sheep!!"

The one I heard was an Eskimo took his snow mobile in for a service, the mechanic said give us an hour, go have a coffee etc, when the Eskimo retuned the mechanic said you have blown a seal, the Eskimo quickly wiped his mouth and said No!! I just had a donut with my coffee.

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    Do any of you guys/gals recommend or not recommend using a product in your tyres like PunctureSafe?

Its seems sensible and logical to me to protect yourself against punctures, but does it work, is it safe and does it have any adverse effects on tyres?

https://www.puncturesafe.com/
    Check out a product called Ultraseal. It's been around a long time and was fully tested by the UK BMW Motorcycle Club (I was a member) and found to work well. Small punctures seal permanently. Larger punctures seal fully but should still be repaired (you can see the Ultraseal 'plug'). Ultraseal is water soluble so won't cause problems for the repairers.

I've had puntures on a BMW K1200LT that were sealed and stayed sealed for 1000's miles regularly at constant speeds of 90mph (150kph), as was normal on UK motorways. So speed and bike weight were certainly not an issue.

It is available in NZ. The distributor used to be in Nelson but not sure now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bike
    ZZR 1100
    Got new Michelin Pilot Road 4 GTs on Friday and guess what, got a friggin puncture yesterday!!

Fortunately I was at home and the bike was going in to get work done on it so the bike shop kindly picked it up!

After that... I'm going to try Ultraseal!!

Thread Information