Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzuki Katana 1100sz

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    He could get the heads punched as well.
    That shouldn't be a difficult service to procure.

Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250
    What can I say, a perfectly good thread, of which I was enjoying has been ruined.
    Me, I like kat's and old Suzuki's and I hope the offenders will take a deep breath and get back on topic.

There is nothing better than building your own bike, what ever it is. Building a bike is an art form, something to enjoy and be proud of. At the end of the day most likely you will not recover the cost but it all about the hunt for parts, the enjoyment of receiving parcels in the post and seeing what you end up with. You will have something original.. and that's cool..My kat owes me lots, the wire rim alone were more than I paid for the bike.

This is a community of bike loving folk who enjoy the same thing and it should be treated as such, while we all don't get alone, and we don't, obviously. You have not meet my wife... she is a late 40's hot sweats, every one is an A hole kind of bitch. And if your a man look out. That's why I love my shed. (Ok, sex three times a week is the rule, other wise as long as I am feed and the kids don't talk to me we are sweet) ...but we don't always get along. She seems not to listen like she should. maybe its a hearing thing?

To finish up, I do not appreciate reading dribble like I have seen here.

back to topic...

I am thinking about a custom made yoke for the GSX100EZ instead of the Honda option, to gain ground clearance. $$ is the issue and my interest in the post about custom made yokes.
    Got a reply about extended swingarms from metmachex.. So am I correct to say 2inch plus 4inch adjustment = 6in ???? but they don't do 6inch... Like my rim this thing will cost more than my bike. Need to hide some cash for about 18 months.! You can buy bolt on extension but they look crap!

my names Drew Sloman and I’m the new Innovation Engineer at Metmachex Engineering,
    I received your email regarding the 6inch extended bandit swingarm 1997 – 2002 to fit the GS1100EZ 83 with bandit rims.

However for technical and safety reasons we can only extend it 2” longer with 4” adjustment, they are called drag slots and have 100mm of adjustment. It will cost £850GBP plus the cost of the carriage and we will require a £100 deposit if you wish to order one. Time needed will be 6-8 weeks.

This is what I want.. but with a little more class.

Many thanks
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    ^^ that there looks like a hoot to ride ^^

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    OK - I like your build it as you like statement, I agree.

Me - I'd run a mile from that American bolt on swingarm extension rubbish. I'd never trust it.

I'd rather engage a engineer/qualified welder to add the cm's I desire or save up for Spondon to build me one. http://www.spondonengineering.co.uk/

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Spondon swingarm

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Arronduke View Post

Many thanks
    Any bike with CV carbs that runs bell mouths, will run like total shit.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Arronduke View Post
    I am thinking about a custom made yoke for the GSX100EZ instead of the Honda option, to gain ground clearance. $$ is the issue and my interest in the post about custom made yokes.
    Got a reply about extended swingarms from metmachex.. So am I correct to say 2inch plus 4inch adjustment = 6in ???? but they don't do 6inch... Like my rim this thing will cost more than my bike. Need to hide some cash for about 18 months.! You can buy bolt on extension but they look crap!

my names Drew Sloman and I’m the new Innovation Engineer at Metmachex Engineering,
    I received your email regarding the 6inch extended bandit swingarm 1997 – 2002 to fit the GS1100EZ 83 with bandit rims.

However for technical and safety reasons we can only extend it 2” longer with 4” adjustment, they are called drag slots and have 100mm of adjustment. It will cost £850GBP plus the cost of the carriage and we will require a £100 deposit if you wish to order one. Time needed will be 6-8 weeks.
    http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/a...pstqxylvuf.jpg

This is what I want.. but with a little more class.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/a...psantqbmqx.jpg

Many thanks
    Reminded me of Burgermans Gizza
    Spondon did his swingarm
    http://www.nitrous.info/nitrous-kits-designer.htm
    For what they were offering the Metalmatch was a bit OTT price wise.
    Someone like Sketchyracer could whip you up something similar for NZD
    The GPR boys have made their own swingarms as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Any bike with CV carbs that runs bell mouths, will run like total shit.
    Everyone goes after the jets & needles to tune them for bell mouths, the key is firmer slide springs. I have achieved perfect results many times with cv carbs, the expierence came from my efforts with Su & strombergs on cars & I later applied the same practices to bike carbs.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Everyone goes after the jets & needles to tune them for bell mouths, the key is firmer slide springs. I have achieved perfect results many times with cv carbs, the expierence came from my efforts with Su & strombergs on cars & I later applied the same practices to bike carbs.
    Yeah gotta stop the slides fluttering eh!

Bike
    motocompo
    Yeah gotta stop the slides fluttering eh!
    The stronger springs hold the slides down further for any given RPM & create greater suction at the jet nozzle & richen the mixture across the entire range, the same as an airbox, It has absolutely nothing tio do with slide flutter.
    If people think that's all the springs are there for then Im not surprised that nobody seems to be able to tune them.

Bike
    Various things
    The stronger springs hold the slides down further for any given RPM & create greater suction at the jet nozzle & richen the mixture across the entire range, the same as an airbox, It has absolutely nothing tio do with slide flutter.
    If people think that's all the springs are there for then Im not surprised that nobody seems to be able to tune them.
    That sounds fucking weird to me. But you've obviously got 'em to work like that. But I would've thought having heavier springs holding slides down, would've leaned the things out. Unless it helps them gain some suckyness.

Bike
    motocompo
    That sounds fucking weird to me. But you've obviously got 'em to work like that. But I would've thought having heavier springs holding slides down, would've leaned the things out. Unless it helps them gain some suckyness.
    I learned on SU Carburettors, apparently it means Seldom Understood I have done away with air boxes, done blow through turbo's & generally grunted up bikes that are terribly lean from the factory to pass emission tests, the main jet usually needs a bit of growth & the needle a couple of clicks too, im not saying to leave them totally alone, but the spring is what gives you that awful hollow spot.

Bike
    Various things
    but the spring is what gives you that awful hollow spot.
    Because it brings the slide up a bit slower?

Bike
    motocompo
    Because it brings the slide up a bit slower?
    Its not a slow or fast thing with the slide, its a position relative to load/ RPM
    In standard form in absence of the airbox, the slide rises too far, I know that brings the needle further out of the jet & you would think that would cause rich situation, but in the absence of sufficient suction, insufficient fuel is drawn up the jet tube. Increasing the spring tension, while holding the slide & consequently the needle further down for a given load/RPM increases the suction at the jet tube to create a choking effect which draws more fuel up the jet tube than if the slide was left to rise freely.
    Its not tricking the carb into doing anything it wouldn't normally do, its just balancing the suction to the metering.
    Pretty much the same reason why people throw away the excellent Rochester Quadrajet & put cheap nasty Holley carbs on V8's

Bike
    Exercycle
    Its not a slow or fast thing with the slide, its a position relative to load/ RPM
    In standard form in absence of the airbox, the slide rises too far, I know that brings the needle further out of the jet & you would think that would cause rich situation, but in the absence of sufficient suction, insufficient fuel is drawn up the jet tube. Increasing the spring tension, while holding the slide & consequently the needle further down for a given load/RPM increases the suction at the jet tube to create a choking effect which draws more fuel up the jet tube than if the slide was left to rise freely.
    Its not tricking the carb into doing anything it wouldn't normally do, its just balancing the suction to the metering.
    Pretty much the same reason why people throw away the excellent Rochester Quadrajet & put cheap nasty Holley carbs on V8's
    Agree - because you can't change the slide cutaway on bike CV's you've got to match the rate of slide rise to the air requirements of the motor.
    My experience has generally been that as i've had no alternative springs I've had to tailor the size of the vacuum hole in the slide to get the response i want.
    Are you working from a collection of SU springs ?

Bike
    husaberg
    You could also drill the air hole for the slide as Dyno jet do, along with the springs
    Whoops Greg bet me too it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information