Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Suzuki Katana 1100sz

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Z1000R, or in some countries, Z1100R's ,EL reps, were green or white. Not metallic green though.

ZX1100A's (Uni Track versions, came either red or in some markets silver). Some countries may have had variations on those themes.
    The one i thinking of was the late 70's it might have been more bronze but def metallic
    when you think about it there were quite a few bikes only offered or at least seen on one colour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2015/18 Blade, 81 Katana, KR150R

Update Katana after track day

The Katana is back and running well. A day around Manfield I thought it went well. Slight break issue either the pads are glazed or it has sintered pads on its cast iron disks. Either way they worked but shuddered and left an odd pattern on the disks.
    Best to replace the pads they are possibly over a decade old.

I saw around 210 kmph (I don't look often) a few times. The GSX1100EFE engine (1350cc) pulled to 12,000 which seemed a bit extreme so I shortened it to 11,000 not sure what red line should be. Rev gauge bounced about at times (clutch in at end of straight).
    The clip on the exhaust touched down and I had to move the screw around to the inside of the tail pipe. It pulled wide because I just couldn't get it low enough to hold the line so I could work on that and get more corner speed. I'm not sure I want to take it to the track often but it was REALLY good fun so I almost certainly will to Manfield given it suites big bikes.
    Tiring to ride (compared to my normal Fireblade) but that again is part of the fun. The joy of pulling past someone on a much later bike occasionally is hard to describe.

Also I never rev matched so I'm probably being overly hard on the motor/clutch and need to learn life with no slipper clutch. The clutch looks like its around max adjustment and it could do with more, feels grabby and to low on the lever. Maybe the wire is stretched. Might look to do the clutch over winter.

I do have a spare motor and a 1260cc kit ready to go too at some point. For now I'm happy to run the current engine which stopped smoking so much after a couple of laps around the track.

Bike
    suzuki
    Z1000R, or in some countries, Z1100R's ,EL reps, were green or white. Not metallic green though.
    the green eddie lawson replicas were built here, cycle colour paint z1000J's etc, the later white ones were from japan

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    the green eddie lawson replicas were built here, cycle colour paint z1000J's etc, the later white ones were from japan
    Maybe the ones brought into NZ mate...but world wide...I very much doubt it.

Bike
    suzuki
    Maybe the ones brought into NZ mate...but world wide...I very much doubt it.
    nah, meant the nz ones pete, they had to use up the Z1000j's somehow.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    nah, meant the nz ones pete, they had to use up the Z1000j's somehow.
    Ah. Yep. Think he did the Z1RTC's too yeah?

Bike
    suzuki
    Ah. Yep. Think he did the Z1RTC's too yeah?
    yeah but they were built world wide like that, or at least the countries they sold them
    locally modified bikes, whereas the ELR was avaialble elsewhere so they made some here, quite a bit differnt to the factory bikes though, don't hink you'd get away with it now with the internaughty keeping everybody up to date with shit

Bike
    motocompo
    With the EF I'd be shortening the redline to 9500.
    Check the tacho, because serious race engines don't even go that hard.
    If you keep pulling 12000 on it, you may want to keep an eye out for a spare engine.

Thread Information