Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Squared-off tires, or is it tyres?

Bike
    2015 KTM200XC
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    Perhaps i'm sick of the double standard here that people can treat me like shit for any opinion and all gang up on me acting like children...

It's sweet i'm trackbike shopping, then i'll be sorting the men from the boys.

Speaking of which anybody want to buy a fully serviced rf900?

many many threads on this site turn into such a bullshit pisstake end up completely off topic, just gotta rise above it, don't take it personally - I guess once they worked out you were the skidmark of old there was a target on your back dude.... dunno if that's reaping what you sow or bitter twisted motherfuckers. Not everyone is out to insult you or prove you wrong, maybe take a step back and its amazing how much better shit can look after a good sleep - also who gives a flying fuck what anyone else thinks? fuckemall I say FYI its 'tyres' not that I give a shit, we part own a tyreshop, my husband keeps me well looked after, I just know how to spell & have not read this thread whatsoever
    WESTIE CHICKS ROCK

Bike
    The C**t.
    Completely agree and hey i bring it upon myself often enough people dont take kindly to being called morons lol...

Ehhh it's just internet bullshit it doesn't bother me in the real world. Used to years ago at times when people would transfer some joking bullshit into the real world and try pick a fight.

Gotta love the big men eh...

Ahh well, i've been working my ass off this year to try achieve my goals ...(yes on a corner with a big target around my ringpiece because i love being buttmongered) good luck with an insult now lol

A bit of internet banter is all well and good, the assumptions make me laugh alot so its worth it for amusement.

Shall see if i'm full of shit or not when the race bike is sorted won't we.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Completely agree and hey i bring it upon myself often enough people dont take kindly to being called morons lol...

Ehhh it's just internet bullshit it doesn't bother me in the real world. Used to years ago at times when people would transfer some joking bullshit into the real world and try pick a fight.

Gotta love the big men eh...

Ahh well, i've been working my ass off this year to try achieve my goals ...(yes on a corner with a big target around my ringpiece because i love being buttmongered) good luck with an insult now lol

A bit of internet banter is all well and good, the assumptions make me laugh alot so its worth it for amusement.

Shall see if i'm full of shit or not when the race bike is sorted won't we.
    So whats ya real name then so I can look for it at the zn superbike leaderboard next year?.
    If ya as good as ya say someone will be sponsor im sure- maybe drew?????.pmsl.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I don't think so, typically delamination is described as the entire body of tread (of a particular area) coming free from the tyre.

First pic is of delamination, second pic is tyre tear (or as Drew was referring to, I think, sheer or ripping up.
    That's what I'm on about. Caused by the surface getting up to temp and the deeper rubber staying cold.

He was talking about the outer heating faster than the carcass and the tread coming up/off so i wanted to clarify

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Perhaps i'm sick of the double standard here that people can treat me like shit for any opinion and all gang up on me acting like children...

It's sweet i'm trackbike shopping, then i'll be sorting the men from the boys.

Speaking of which anybody want to buy a fully serviced rf900?
    Hate to say it Skiddy but you bring it upon yourself.
    Cool, you can get out to track and find out that racers barely talk about tyre temps amongst themselves apart from going "Hey what pressure you running today?". They certainly don't go, oh if I ran that temp I'd fall off cause I'm a riding God. Best way to find out if your pressure is correct for the day is to "Read the tyre" plenty of info on the net on how to do this so I wont wank on about it any more.
    Good luck on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    There's no double standard, that's just how KB has evolved.
    Haha, I'd say KB has devolved over the years. I tend to stick to the threads where guys like MrMako don't appear and if they do the regulars close ranks, ask J.A.W what that is like hahaha.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Hate to say it Skiddy but you bring it upon yourself.
    Cool, you can get out to track and find out that racers barely talk about tyre temps amongst themselves apart from going "Hey what pressure you running today?". They certainly don't go, oh if I ran that temp I'd fall off cause I'm a riding God. Best way to find out if your pressure is correct for the day is to "Read the tyre" plenty of info on the net on how to do this so I wont wank on about it any more.
    Good luck on track.

Haha, I'd say KB has devolved over the years. I tend to stick to the threads where guys like MrMako don't appear and if they do the regulars close ranks, ask J.A.W what that is like hahaha.

Well all i can say is if i have learnt anything from cars over the years is the difference a few psi on the street mkes in a tyre on a twsity back road...

Is severely effects the grip

Come into a corner on 40 psi tyres up to reasonable temp and try get it around the tight downhill stuff and you're fighting understeer and oversteer like mad....

Drop down yo 37 psi in them and no issue....

I've found the same has always applied for bikes, when i used to run higher pressures on the street.

Took it up Mt Tiger yesterday and through abbey caves with 38 psi in the rear and it was skittering all over the place.

36psi usually i have no issues....

So yes.... a couple of extra psi could reduce my grip and cause me to go off cartwheeling into a ditch.

I dont understand what loses you here.... wrong pressure means the tyre is not operating as intended... has less grip... i really dont grasp what part of that you cant understand?

a couple of psi off is less grip... = less cornering speed = slower lap times.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Bottom line.

My opinion differs, i apologize for the slander it wasn't needed to get my opinion across.

I'm more than happy to learn from those more experienced than myself I've never claimed to know everything I've never claimed that i am a riding god nor a street rossi. That's how you end up dead.

However i can't get my thrills enough on the street, i don't push any limits there at all, too much to hit if it goes sour, hence i am pursuing racing where i can really find out what i am capable of. Hell i'll probably be dead last, if i am so be it but i'll give it a damn good crack.

If anybody wishes to help me pursue that feel free but i wont hold my breath.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Bottom line.

My opinion differs, i apologize for the slander it wasn't needed to get my opinion across.

I'm more than happy to learn from those more experienced than myself I've never claimed to know everything I've never claimed that i am a riding god nor a street rossi. That's how you end up dead.

However i can't get my thrills enough on the street hence i am pursuing racing where i can really find out what i am capable of. Hell i'll probably be dead last, if i am so be it but i'll give it a damn good crack.

If anybody wishes to help me pursue that feel free but i wont hold my breath.
    You probably wont be dead last, but I'd sooner be battling for last than on my own on the track. Nothing beats a good battle on the track.

Get in contact with your local club, they are always looking for more racers to boost their numbers so should have someone able to assist with talking you through getting your bike ready to race. Down here MCI even hire out bikes to new riders so they can give the track a go before putting all their dollars into a race bike. My first track bike was a shitty VFR400 which I took the plates and lights off, lock wired and went out on track and made a fool of myself on.

Bike
    my little pony
    Hey McMarko, I'm heading south doing 4000ks (half life of my rear) this week. Can you man the keyboard of kiwibiker while I'm away doing the actual riding. By the way, how does that shinko rear drive out of the corners that that fancy front let's you drop into like Rossi, guess 20 year old suspension would be having an effect on your tyre pressure calculations.

Thread Information