Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Squared-off tires, or is it tyres?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    I swing both ways
    Corrected for accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Corrected for accuracy.

Whats your point?

Edit: sorry forgot you southerners are trapped in the 80's
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    The C**t.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Admit it you love the ass cams in moto GP.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    With increased pressure, the tyre surface may get hot faster than the carcass. This causes 'sheer' where the outer layer rips up/off.

It's never described as the tyre overheating.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I'll admit it to you, I love Cams ass
    Cam ya boyfriend is he?

Everyone in this thread should ignore MrMako who has no racing experience and listen to Drew, who has lots.

Bike
    MT-10
    Newsflash

If somebody is chewing out a rear tyre in 2000km on low pressure on back roads its typically not squared off in the middle, more that the sides are gone from cornering.
    I must have missed the part where you told us how fast you are taking corners on your fast couch. Mind telling us again?

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    With increased pressure, the tyre surface may get hot faster than the carcass. This causes 'sheer' where the outer layer rips up/off.

It's never described as the tyre overheating.
    Sounds to me like you're describing de-lamination.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Cam ya boyfriend is he?

Everyone in this thread should ignore MrMako who has no racing experience and listen to Drew, who has lots.

No idea who cam is but sure.

Drew does have experience i've never denied that or even thought otherwise...

You see, some would say it is better to look stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I have no issue throwing my thoughts out there and being proven wrong, its a great way to learn...

Meanwhile how many of you sit here quietly not questioning anything, not offering any input right or wrong to contribute to the discussion? instead you just sit there slinging shit around, i'd hardly deem it constructive.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Sounds to me like you're describing de-lamination.
    I don't think so, typically delamination is described as the entire body of tread (of a particular area) coming free from the tyre.

First pic is of delamination, second pic is tyre tear (or as Drew was referring to, I think, sheer or ripping up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tire_showing_tread_separation_on_automobile-3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	325432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images_ColdTear.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	325433  
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 3rd November 2016 at 16:41.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I don't think so, typically delamination is described as the entire body of tread (of a particular area) coming free from the tyre.

First pic is of delamination, second pic is tyre tear (or as Drew was referring to, I think, sheer or ripping up.

He was talking about the outer heating faster than the carcass and the tread coming up/off so i wanted to clarify

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Meanwhile how many of you sit here quietly not questioning anything, not offering any input right or wrong to contribute to the discussion? instead you just sit there slinging shit around, i'd hardly deem it constructive.
    Alright I will bite (just like you bite the pillow).

Considering I only ride on the track now I have no other input other than to say I know from rumour that one of NZs top racers ran 39psi on the front of his 600 and won a title. Personally I think that if you think you'd fall off with 2psi extra in your tyres you need to learn how to feel what your bike is doing by doing some track days etc. When I did road ride I would drop my pressure by about 2psi in winter just to make my brain feel better, probably made fuck all difference though as I am not a twat and rode responsibly(ish) on the road.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Alright I will bite (just like you bite the pillow).

Considering I only ride on the track now I have no other input other than to say I know from rumour that one of NZs top racers ran 39psi on the front of his 600 and won a title. Personally I think that if you think you'd fall off with 2psi extra in your tyres you need to learn how to feel what your bike is doing by doing some track days etc. When I did road ride I would drop my pressure by about 2psi in winter just to make my brain feel better, probably made fuck all difference though as I am not a twat and rode responsibly(ish) on the road.

You lot are supposedly grown men but resort to pretty insults and gay jokes, i'm supposedly the young fella who is meant to learn and listen and watch your example and look how you behave.

Its utterly pathetic.

Not going to bother even reading the rest of your post until you lead by example instead of opening with an insult.

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    It goes both ways

very low pressure heats up fast and can overheat if too low,

when you get the right pressure it comes up to a good temp and holds it quite well...

going the other way you reach a point where the tyre simply cant get up to a good operating temp and even if it does its struggling to warm up so much that you start cruising a bit on a cold day and the tyre will cool off again pretty quickly....

I mean it isnt rocket science. too low... chew tyres .... too high... not using the tyres potential...

had a really good laugh at the attitude of a few psi difference in a tyre wont cause me to slide off the road and i must be riding like a street rossi to have issues... a few psi makes a massive difference and frankly if you ride your bike like that go buy a cruiser and stop posing on the 1000cc superbike
    go back and read the original post.
    You said to keep a tire from over heating you need lower pressure but that's counter intuitive to everything else your trying to say.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi cowboy View Post
    go back and read the original post.
    You said to keep a tire from over heating you need lower pressure but that's counter intuitive to everything else your trying to say.
    Not at all i suggest you learn to read.

Thread Information