Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Squared-off tires, or is it tyres?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    It

had a really good laugh at the attitude of a few psi difference in a tyre wont cause me to slide off the road and i must be riding like a street rossi to have issues... a few psi makes a massive difference and frankly if you ride your bike like that go buy a cruiser and stop posing on the 1000cc superbike
    Maybe they're better riders than you?

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Maybe they're better riders than you?
    Maybe, maybe not. probably... probably not.

Who knows.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Not at all i suggest you learn to read.
    and to keep them from overheating you need a lower pressure

This is what YOU wrote fella and I can read quite well I think.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Maybe, maybe not. probably... probably not.

Who knows.
    Well they way it comes across from you is that if someone ain't doing it your way then they are wrong and will crash and dies.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Well they way it comes across from you is that if someone ain't doing it your way then they are wrong and will crash and dies.
    Its my opinion...

I'm entitled to it.

Questions?
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi cowboy View Post

Quote my post.

Bike
    The C**t.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet as if i have said

"lower the pressure the better run 10 psi, 40psi is bad"

My point is they have an operating range of temperature and pressure...

The CORRECT pressure will come up to temp well and provide optimal grip...

Too low or too high from this is not ideal for grip or the heating and cooling of the tyre...

I thought i had been rather clear hence i suggested you learn to read.

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    You seem to have a bee in your bonnet as if i have said

"lower the pressure the better run 10 psi, 40psi is bad"

My point is they have an operating range of temperature and pressure...

The CORRECT pressure will come up to temp well and provide optimal grip...

Too low or too high from this is not ideal for grip or the heating and cooling of the tyre...

I thought i had been rather clear hence i suggested you learn to read.
    No bee In my bonnet mate.

You explicitly said to lower the pressure to stop the tire overheating which is bull shit as the tire flexes more the lower the pressure so the over heating accures quicker as I understand it and to STOP the tire over heating you need to ADD pressure.

Post 77 by the way.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Bridgestone Battlax S20 Tire Pressures
    Racetrack
    Front (cold): 32 psi
    Front (hot—off the track): 34 psi
    Rear (cold): 30 psi
    Rear (hot—off the track): 34 psi
    Street
    Front (OEM recommendations)
    Rear (OEM recommendations)

^^^yes i'm not blind i do see the review says oem pressures for the street.... it's called idiot proofing and liability of the manufacturer.

Yes the track and street are different... the track is alot stickier in surface and the pressure change of the tyre will be alot more than you'll get on the street and to keep them from overheating you need a lower pressure....

Even then the front and rear hot on the track is at 34 psi front and rear and thats a fully hot temperature.

You are going above that cold on the street with a rougher surface and of course pushing the tyre nowhere remotely near as hard as the track.

even cold you are another 2psi in the front and another 8 psi in the rear above the hot track temps and you expect decent grip out of it?

The other point to note here is the higher the pressure the longer you have to warm up the tyres, it becomes a struggle to get any heat into them and they cool quickly.

For a commuter/ sunny sunday rider this will do the job sure.

That isn't how i ride a motorcycle hence my opinion differs.
    Seeing as you are incable of quoting and i have to go quote myself.... you go back and look at the post know the post number but can't even multi-quote me... but sure okay anyway...

So explain to me this....

Why drop the pressure for the race track? the tyre is being pushed harder than on the street... producing alot more heat...

So by your logic should you not run higher pressure at the track than on the street?

I'll happily admit what i was referring to was more the increase in tyre pressure from the additional heat...

I can see how its been misinterpreted as a result, however i'm happy to sit and have an adult and civil conversation if you come at me correctly.

Otherwise i'll bite peoples heads off just like they do to me when i do it.

Bike
    TF125

Why is it that battery threads are so much more entertaining than tyre threads?

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Just out of interest, I did a trackday on the GSX-S at Hampton Downs on a warm day last summer with PR4 sport touring tyres. The instructor recommended that I dropped my cold pressures to 30 psi front and rear. When I came in from one of the sessions, I checked the rear tyre pressure out of curiosity 2 or 3 minutes after stopping and it was 40psi. It would have been a fair bit higher immediately after coming in.
    Nice. That's a warm tyre - about 100-120 degrees C when you tested it.

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Seeing as you are incable of quoting and i have to go quote myself.... you go back and look at the post know the post number but can't even multi-quote me... but sure okay anyway...
    OOOOh so sorry I am not completely computer literate. So explain to me this....

Why drop the pressure for the race track? the tyre is being pushed harder than on the street... producing alot more heat...
    Depends on the tire I.E road tire only ya probably wont bugger all - race tires ya use warmers to get them to the optimum heat and race tires are generally harder to keep temp in so need lower pressure to stay hot but I will bow to your obviously superior knowledge.

So by your logic should you not run higher pressure at the track than on the street?

I'll happily admit what i was referring to was more the increase in tyre pressure from the additional heat...

When did I ever say that?.

I can see how its been misinterpreted as a result, however i'm happy to sit and have an adult and civil conversation if you come at me correctly.

Otherwise i'll bite peoples heads off just like they do to me when i do it.
    Don't believe I have ever bit ya head off buddy lol I think ya need a wee sit down and snoze

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Used to find 19 in rear and 22 in front good cold pressures for the track.

Running 34/34 on the road though.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Don't believe I have ever bit ya head off buddy lol I think ya need a wee sit down and snoze
    Perhaps i'm sick of the double standard here that people can treat me like shit for any opinion and all gang up on me acting like children...

It's sweet i'm trackbike shopping, then i'll be sorting the men from the boys.

Speaking of which anybody want to buy a fully serviced rf900?

Bike
    TF125
    Perhaps i'm sick of the double standard here that people can treat me like shit for any opinion and all gang up on me acting like children...
    There's no double standard, that's just how KB has evolved.

Thread Information