Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Skill #1

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    That guy must have been under real intense pressure to keep up not to notice the bike coming the other way. The guy overtaking behind him must have been under pressure too. As for the guy who crashed off the road that's the price you sometimes pay for rubber necking.
    Get back under your rock! You've had enough experience at crashing,(7 times at least, and not one of them avoidable, SUB BRACKET( 3 of them, Dogs running at you.Sub BRACKET) or your fault. UN Fucking believeable) but you sure as hell know nothing about pressure, group riding or what the rider in the wrong was or was not thinking about as he crashed head on into another motorcycle ( just 700mm's wide) when he was on thier side of the road and had at least a metre either side of him to use in order not to crash into him.
    I'm tired of you're inane , unknowing inexperienced comments on any and everything that is said here, rock and hurry up about it.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Just because you think he was not riding under pressure to keep up it does not mean you for that matter are anymore correct than me. Riding under pressure to keep up is something I have witnessed many times so its not an unreal conclusion to draw in my opinion.
    You said 'he must...'. How can you be so sure of that from a 20s video? Just because you witnessed it, in your words, 'many times ' before does not mean this was the case this time. It's a possibility sure, but not a foregone conclusion.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    That guy must have been under real intense pressure to keep up not to notice the bike coming the other way. The guy overtaking behind him must have been under pressure too. As for the guy who crashed off the road that's the price you sometimes pay for rubber necking.
    And he might just have been a nob who was in his own little world out for his jollies on two wheels "doing the Isle of Man" in his head, when all of a sudden he ended both his and another person's life. As for the rider who ended up fishtailing into the ditch, following too closely is more likely his problem. Regardless, I'm sure even you would "rubber neck" if you suddenly saw two opposing bikes erupt in a fireball.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Just because you think he was not riding under pressure to keep up it does not mean you for that matter are anymore correct than me. Riding under pressure to keep up is something I have witnessed many times so its not an unreal conclusion to draw in my opinion.
    You struggle to keep up with bicycles dont you?
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    MT-10
    Cassina got left behind on a group ride once. She couldn't keep up and crashed. Now she hates them they are the devil and the cause of all crashes.

Bike
    2008 R6
    While we are on the topic of group rides.

#2 Skill: Ride your own ride (even if you are with a group) if they won't wait for you at the next turn off, probably not worth riding with them anyway. Don't get suckered into doing things that are not in your comfort zone. If someone is riding like a twat, let them, do what you are comfortable with. OK.... I'll get off my old man soapbox.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    skill #3, not riding into dogs.

repeat as necessary.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    While we are on the topic of group rides.

#2 Skill: Ride your own ride (even if you are with a group) if they won't wait for you at the next turn off, probably not worth riding with them anyway. Don't get suckered into doing things that are not in your comfort zone. If someone is riding like a twat, let them, do what you are comfortable with. OK.... I'll get off my old man soapbox.
    Yup. Bikes are an individual experience, roads are shared. My take on the big bang was a rider to preoccupied with getting ahead in the group to focus on what was ahead. Save it for the track. Room for two on the soapbox?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    On a large group ride years ago, I had a bike undertake me on a left hand bend, not a lot of room but it happened so fast I didn't have time to react apart from the 'WTF'! Apparently he was trying to keep up with lead riders, what was said to him was '' dude don't even try'.

It wasn't that long after that two guys were killed in a head on bike crash around the same area riding like idiots, someone was on the wrong side of the road right?

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    You older fellas feel free to get right up there on that soap box. If anyone learns what to do when confronted with a twist to keep up or sit back, take your time and enjoy/ride your own ride , then it's worth hammering on the box. Better the soap box than The Wooden box.
    For what it's worth miss cassina Maha and many others here in KB have organised/put together many group rides/rally's protest rides and charity rides, over the years, all of them well attended and with an attrition rate that I know of, of near enough to zero, the experience has always been a pleasurable one and I am happy to say I've lead/run many since those early days and also not yet lost anyone or had someone say I had to try real hard to keep up.
    Were you riding with those devil dog gangs, they'll leave you for dead without batting en eyelid, you should choose your ride company better.
    Just got back from a FBMC jaunt, 9 bikes. HD, Spewsuki's Honda's Cagiva, ranging in size from 800cc to 1800cc, no hero's.
    Dorkland, to Behtleham, via Hobbittville, to Ngatea,then on to The muddy via the Waikino Pub, great old place, bloody to get out of safely though, all on back roads, wide sweeping corners, good visibility, little traffic and a relaxed pace, and back, great ride, great people, conversation awesome, no fucking phones or fuckbook to be seen and a great day had by all, no silly riding, no off's and all home safe and finally got in a good longish ride over winter.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I enjoyed a bloody good coffee and sausage roll at Little River today, and a decent chat with a couple other equally chilled riders.

Ride your own ride. Fucked up video that original post - group rides generally suck arse. Best avoided.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Today we did Coro Loop, and we didnt die!

Mind you the 2 twats that were leaned over into the opposite lane may have caught a faceful of boat trailer after I saw them. Muppets. Funny thing was I was trying to practise the things picked up on my last observed ride.
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    group rides generally suck arse. Best avoided.
    Agreed

Too many dangerous dickheads out there

Worst thing - they have no concept of how dangerous or what dickheads they are
    =mjc=

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    On our way up to do the maugamukas this morning, we had to move over because of oncoming harley riders with their wide bars and wide pegs swerving into our lane, closely followed by a donut scoffer in a commodore with all lights and sirens going. Fuck those clowns give me the shits, hope they fucken crashed safely!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information