Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skill #1

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    closely followed by a donut scoffer in a commodore with all lights and sirens going.
    Could it be that he may have been heading to Taupo?

Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Are you selling doughnuts as well? The white powdered ones?

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Just because you think he was not riding under pressure to keep up it does not mean you for that matter are anymore correct than me. Riding under pressure to keep up is something I have witnessed many times so its not an unreal conclusion to draw in my opinion.
    1 The rider at fault is not struggling to keep up - he's passing the lead bike ...

2 The group is not going that fast ... only a real bunny would be struggling to keep up .. and the real bunny would be on a smaller bike ... look at the lean angles on the bikes in the corner - hardly leaning ...

3 He's macho bullshit .. see 1 .. and it cost him and someone else BIG TIME

Completely avoidable ... he only had to wait a few seconds ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Can someone repost the link please. Each time I click on the link in the 1st message, I get an reticle bout the olympics
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Stick to your side of the F*&%king road

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world-vide...lery_id=163882

Jesus - words fail me...
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    Can someone repost the link please. Each time I click on the link in the 1st message, I get an reticle bout the olympics
    OP's link still seems to be working however, here's a link to an extended version on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNJ4c4KHlDY

or this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1icKFqNtULQ

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    OP's link still seems to be working however, here's a link to an extended version on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNJ4c4KHlDY

or this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1icKFqNtULQ
    Jesus that's heartbreaking....

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I cant believe that 2 riders rode past and didn't even stop until further down the road.

Side note. I try avoid group rides because larger groups do tend to ride above the comfortable speed of the least experienced rider or guy/gal with the least capable bike (disclaimer: Not stating this was a group ride in the clip).
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    The thing is, the vid is shot from some kind of classic bike (Honda 4??) so the pace was not frentic. Its just that the public get a shot to ride the course and I guess get a shot of the old blood rush to the head and.... sigh....

Very silly....

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    The thing is, the vid is shot from some kind of classic bike (Honda 4??) so the pace was not frentic. Its just that the public get a shot to ride the course and I guess get a shot of the old blood rush to the head and.... sigh....

Very silly....
    Some who go there may get into the mindset that the road is in 'track mode' and believe it is closed to two way traffic.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    I cant believe that 2 riders rode past and didn't even stop until further down the road.
    From the comments:

I was riding directly behind the crash in the white leathers.we all stoped just past the crash because of the fire.buy the time we ran back down the road it was an inferno and Thare was nothing we could do.both riders were killed instantly on impact,Thare was no movement at all from both of them and the fire was intense.iam sorry for both families involved .but Thare was nothing we could do.

Those GoPros muck around with the depth of field anyway, don't they? So might look further away than they actually were.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    BMW F 650GS

Skill #1

Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Some who go there may get into the mindset that the road is in 'track mode' and believe it is closed to two way traffic.
    Mount panorama is only open 3 weeks a year, would be silly to think the Is. Of Mann is a racetrack, .... but some people...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Saarg View Post
    Mount panorama is only open 3 weeks a year, would be silly to think the is. Of Mann is a racetrack, .... but some people...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I had thought Bathurst was open all the time, mates have ridden round there at all times. In saying that when the race is not on it is a farming community and you are likely to come across tractors and the like. And a cop is pretty much on patrol around there full time. Thats what I have heard anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I had thought Bathurst was open all the time, mates have ridden round there at all times. In saying that when the race is not on it is a farming community and you are likely to come across tractors and the like. And a cop is pretty much on patrol around there full time. Thats what I have heard anyway.
    Yep more right than wrong. For at leat 3 weeks in a year Mt Panorama is closed to 2 way traffic. For the week of The Bathurst 1000 it is closed except for race cars and service vehicles, at night it is open to one way for taxi's buses and locals to do their thing.
    I do know that the road/track is reopened on the following Monday morning though again only for one way traffic until all signs of racing have ben removed, then the road goes back to a rural communities access road and can be driven ridden 24/7.
    6 ana bit weeks an I'll be on top of the Mountain sitting by me eskie wiv a few tinnies cooling down watching the fantastic sunsets and talking BS with me Ozzie mates form all around our camp site, friends and neighbours for the last 20 odd years.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2002, Kawasaki KDX 200
    This crash is inevitable on the Christchurch to Akaroa road, in 3 months I have seen 3 drivers deciding the centre line was more of an optional guide and driving on the right hand side before blind corners when not overtaking is fine. And they weren't tourists, 2 builders and 1 sufer. Not to mention the crazyness of Sunday motorcyclists popping wheelies whilst overtaking right up to a blind corner...

So a bit of advice to those travelling those roads, keep away from the centre line before blind corners, in case you come across one of those idiots.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    On the Christchurch to Akaroa road a big danger is being hit by a motorcyclist overtaking under pressure to keep up. Last weekend I was overtaken by the lead rider in a group and there were 2 bikes following that I could see in my rear view mirror. When the first rider of the 2 overtook me he almost had a head on with his mate allowing a safer gap before overtaking. I was in a line of traffic at the time so was not going too slow for all those on here who think my coments on this issue are nonsense.
    That whole post makes no sense. Retard.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    That whole post makes no sense. Retard.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    He was riding in line of traffic and a group of bikes were overtaking dangerously in cassina's opinion. What part did you fail to understand?

Thread Information