MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Ya know were I am when you need a "sensible Pilot"
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Ya know were I am when you need a "sensible Pilot"
    Yes....I'd point out that there are already a couple of what i'd call "skinny kids" sniffing round....

I may yet hold rider tryouts beside the Darfield ATM....

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Yes....I'd point out that there are already a couple of what i'd call "skinny kids" sniffing round....

hahah... WHAT, Im a kid and the not so skinny is pure mussle G required for hanging on to shear Itiallian grunt (in the paddock)
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    hahah... WHAT, Im a kid and the not so skinny is pure mussle G required for hanging on to shear Itiallian grunt (in the paddock)
    My understanding was that some one's otalian grunt machine was too much for you, and spat you off.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Just for Speedpro - the cut end of the head and barrel and how I've decided to seal it - initially anyway.

Barrel is cut as far back as possible commensurate with finding something to put screws into. Head to match.
    Yes Dave that is filler in a couple of spots, it's unavoidable unless you do a fair amount of welding.
    The wall thickness is such that I reckon the whole thing would distort if it was welded anyway.
    The tapped hole which is cut through is actually a casting plug for the water jacket - not the plug hole.

Plate goes on covering the ends of the cam cover. Those ends have rubber channel bonded to them which is hard up against the plate.
    If it weeps, I can easily dummy up some solid blocks to bolt on the cam cap position - then drill the plate and tap the blocks for another couple of screws.
    We'll see if it's needed first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR150 cover plate.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	323821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR150 cut end.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	323822  

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    There's an RGV250 rolling chassis on the trademe at the mo in Chch, not sure if that would do the job or not though as I have no experience stuffing large things into small spaces... Or is it small things into large spaces...

Sign me up! I weigh next to nothing so if you want to show everyone how fast it is on the Ruapuna main straight, I'm ya man, just excuse me for the corner bits

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    The best chassis for it is what it came out of, surely?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The best chassis for it is what it came out of, surely?
    Probably true. Thanks to the kindness of people on here, specifically Flettner and TZ350 i've been offered one.
    Unless someone's coming South with room, it's looking like i may have to come up and fetch it.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Sign me up! I weigh next to nothing so if you want to show everyone how fast it is on the Ruapuna main straight, I'm ya man, just excuse me for the corner bits
    There's a reason for doing it beside the ATM...proof of ability to pay will be required.....

And yes, i saw the RGV, too dear for me - and again too slim. As is the CBR150 chassis I've been offered. Amazing what comes out of the woodwork.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Probably true. Thanks to the kindness of people on here, specifically Flettner and TZ350 i've been offered one.
    Unless someone's coming South with room, it's looking like i may have to come up and fetch it.
    Not till January for a south island trip for us. I think I've got some FZR rotors at home. 250 had a single disk, was it still 320mm?

Bike
    Yo momma
    There's an RGV250 rolling chassis on the trademe at the mo in Chch,
    It would win the 'heaviest bucket' competition...

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    There's a reason for doing it beside the ATM...proof of ability to pay will be required.....

And yes, i saw the RGV, too dear for me - and again too slim. As is the CBR150 chassis I've been offered. Amazing what comes out of the woodwork.
    Haha, fair enough too! Will be interesting to see this run, lets hope whoever buys it sticks it on the track n not the shed!

I doubt that RGV will go for the full 1k, and as mention above it would be bloody heavy for a bucket. Great chassis from what I have heard though, usually spoken in hushed voices about how good they can take a corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Exercycle
    Haha, fair enough too! Will be interesting to see this run, lets hope whoever buys it sticks it on the track n not the shed!

I doubt that RGV will go for the full 1k, and as mention above it would be bloody heavy for a bucket. Great chassis from what I have heard though, usually spoken in hushed voices about how good they can take a corner
    Yes, often by us old buggers who haven't woken up to the advances in frames and tyres since 1992...

At this point I rather like the idea of bringing it out with a guest rider for feature meetings - but I have almost enough bits for a second motor which might be for sale...

Bike
    Exercycle
    Right - until i can get round to narrowing the ignition side, this is about as far as it goes at present.

Speedpro will note in the rear view that I did what I suggested to him and changed the water pump outlet to a tangential direction. In conjunction with an altered fitting on the back of the barrel this allows a short hose up and across. This loses the metal pipe going out and around...
    Even though it now looks like it's going into an FZR250 frame I'm still trying to lose width where possible.
    In line with this aim, I used the earlier sump which has a filter element fitting up from underneath. The late one which is interchangeable uses a spin on filter sticking out underneath the final drive sprocket.

It's finished up quite light. can't give a figure and it's certainly not an MB100 for weight - but not bad at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR150 #1.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	323864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZR150 #2.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	323865  

Bike
    husaberg
    Subtitle should probably be "The bucket hacksaw"...

My version of what Speedpro has done - but unsupercharged...

Currently on final assembly. As Speedpro's version, the RHS of an FZR250 four - but this one is resleeved and bored to 53mm to use GSXR400 pistons.
    Which coincidentally use the same dia gudgeon pins as the FZR. They're roughly 4mm higher compression height so a barrel spacer is required. As is a camchain 2 links longer. Straight out of the DID catalogue, from memory a GSXR400 one again.
    I'm using a Kelford profile on the inlet cam, std exhaust.
    Wallace bored the block to suit the liners I machined up, then finish bored them after I'd installed them.

Pic is cases ready to go together. Oil galleries to the unused mains tapped and grubscrews inserted to block them off. Crank cut, oil holes radiused and then it was linished. 3LN long rods used. I'd have preferred to use the early short rods but out of the roughly 1 1/2 broken motors I got from Husa, there was only one short rod...The mind boggles at the mixture that may have been used. Pistons are currently 30g heavier than the originals so I may yet have a cutting session.

More to come as it gets done.
    I think I seen might have seen a rod the other day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information