Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pero Southern Classic 2016

Bike
    Racing ones

Mike Pero Southern Classic 2016

Hi All,
    Plans well underway for the 3rd Mike Pero Southern Classic December 2nd - 4th 2016 at Levels Raceway.
    Its going to be bigger than ever, CAMS have organised an amazing collection of two stroke GP bikes never before seen in NZ and they'll be ridden by Kiwi, Aussie and Irish internationals of 70's, 80's and 90's, more details to come..... We cant wait

Entry forms will be out soon
    Going by the interest we are already receiving from all over the country, you'll need to get your entries in promptly to avoid disappointment.

Poster (and a little teazer) below

Cheers
    CAMS Team
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poster July.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	323805   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nif3jbidCj1ss46elo1_500.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	323808  

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Great pic that of Magoo at PI.

And is Pre 96 now accepted as a classic class or is that just a southern meet thing?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...it's a CAMS thing, but will gather momentum I bet...

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...it's a CAMS thing, but will gather momentum I bet...
    I hope so as I've just recently scored me a 94 TZ.

Bike
    Racing ones
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    Great pic that of Magoo at PI.

And is Pre 96 now accepted as a classic class or is that just a southern meet thing?
    .... very excited to have Magoo and a YZR500 coming along with many other GP treasures

CAMS version of Pre 96 rules on our website and will be run at all our meetings as long a numbers continue to show up.
    Think NZPCRA may also have a version ?

www.cams-racing.org.nz

Cheers

Bike
    Racing ones

Mike pero southern classic 2016 press release

****ENTRY FORMS OUT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS ****

PRESS RELEASE :

Mike Pero Southern Classic 2016
    The most exotic collection of two-stroke race machinery ever assembled in New Zealand will be rasping their away around the Levels circuit during the Mike Pero Real Estate Southern Classic Festival in December.
    Two of the bikes are absolute rarities, never previously seen in New Zealand.
    Former Australian GP and superbike star Kevin Magee will be reunited with the 1992 YZR500 factory GP bike he raced in Japan. The machine is now owned by Tom Dermody, of DMR Motorsport, in Brisbane.
    Fellow Australian and former champion Steve Trinder is making his debut on his recently bought ex Pat Hennen Suzuki XR23. A 652cc variant of the factory 500cc GP bikes, Trinder's XR23 is one of a rare handful that has survived from the late 1970s.
    In addition, the Christchurch-based classic and post classic racing club CAMS (Classic Action Motorcycle Sport)has attracted a host of other star bikes and riders.
    CAMS president Dave Reesby is excited about the special guest line-up coming for the Mike Pero Southern Classic weekend on December 2-4.
    “We have Kiwi grand prix privateer, Northwest 200 and Battle of the Twins winner Stu Avant returning home from Australia along with his immaculate Suzuki RGB500, which will be ridden by another kiwi legend IOM TT, World TTF1 and Suzuka 8 Hour winning Graeme Crosby.
    “As well, Australian-based based Irish rider and Formula Oz champ Paul Byrne will be riding a Tom Dermody McIntosh Suzuki, and Gary Middleton is bringing his ex Team Kawasaki Australia Greg Hansford KR750, plus a Kawasaki H2R for good measure.
    “The GP bikes will be kept in tip top shape by legendary Kiwi engineers and ex Kenny Roberts Yamaha factory team gurus Mike Sinclair and MNZ Hall of Fame inductee Paul Treacy.”
    Among other Kiwi legends attending are John Boote, Paul McLachlan and Jock Woodley.
    “And I know there will be some more big names joining them,” says Reesby.
    In addition to being meeting sponsor, multi New Zealand champion Mike Pero will be joining the “Past Masters” parade laps on a Yamaha TZ250.
    “I'm really looking forward to this weekend,” Pero says. “To get these quality bikes and riders to Timaru is a real coup for CAMS.
    “These are the dream bikes from my era of racing. I can't wait to see and hear them.”
    Stu Avant is equally enthused.
    “CAMS have done us proud. I jumped at the chance to assemble all these bikes and come over.
    “We're all keen to make noise parading the bikes then enjoy plenty of laughs and banter at the clubrooms.”
    The three-day race event originally started in 2014 as a one off celebration of CAMS' 25th anniversary.
    “It has proven so popular with riders and spectators that it has become a fixture of the South Island race calendar and is the largest classic/post classic meeting in the South Island, Reesby says.
    “The meeting is popular with riders for its relaxed, fun feel, heaps of track time and plenty of social activities through the weekend including meet the riders Friday night and a BBQ Saturday night, all at the track clubrooms with some of our special guests speaking after dinner.
    “Being the weekend after the Burt Munro Challenge in Invercargill it’s also the perfect excuse for a bike racing holiday.”
    Friday is practice and qualifying with racing all day Saturday and Sunday.
    Race classes range from the vintage, classics to all the post classic pre 72, 82, 89 and the new pre 1996 class. Also featuring will be the ever popular classic and post classic sidecars including a couple of new local sidecar teams.
    “Past Masters” classic parade class will feature at lunchtime, Parade of champions with all the special guests and special bikes will feature each round of racing and on Sunday a special Grand Prix feature bike race for the 30+ GP machines expected at the event.
    A CAMS team will take on the NZCMRR team for a good natured teams challenge Sunday, NZCMRR have won the trophy the past two years so the locals are out for victory.
    For more info and the latest news
    www.mikepero.com/classic/ , www.cams-racing.org.nz , www.facebook.com/mikeperoclassic/

Bike
    GPR150
    i'm going , should be a hell of a event ! getting the 92-93 zxr750rr ready!
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    Racing ones

Entry form and rider info

Hi All,
    Entry form , rider supp regs and rider info attached below.

We have received a huge number of enquiries from all over the country.
    We expect most classes to be full so get your entry in so you dont miss out .

Cheers
    The CAMS Team
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 Final Southern Classic Entry Form.pdf   2016 Southern Classic Rider Info.pdf   2016 Southern Classic Supplement regs.pdf  

Bike
    Racing ones

Mpsc newletter #2

Hi All,
    latests newsletter for the Mike Pero Southern Classic below...... more cool riders from the past joining us

Get your entries in some classes nearly full already, over 180 bikes confirmd already

Cheers
    CAMS Team
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 25-10-16 Newsletter (2).pdf  

Bike
    Racing ones

Only Two Weeks To Go

Only 2 weeks till the Mike Pero Southern Classic kicks off

With a line up of guests and guest riders like this you dont want to miss it .....
    Croz, Aaron Slight, Kevin Magee, John Boote, Stu Avant, Richard Scott, Hugh Anderson, Jeremy Burgess, Gary Goodfellow, Pat Heenen , Mike Pero, Mike Sinclair , Paul Treacy, Robbie Phillis , Dennis Charlett , Jake Lewis..... the list goes on plus some of NZ's top classic and post classic riders

Watch out for our TV ad on TV3........flash bro

https://youtu.be/wp_4fxcs5Sw

Bike
    suzuki
    this is gonna be one way cool meeting people....

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    this is gonna be one way cool meeting people....
    I hope all the pensioners will get special entry rates.
    Will be fun for the old guys,many memories and stories I bet.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I hope all the pensioners will get special entry rates.
    Will be fun for the old guys,many memories and stories I bet.
    a couple of laps on a zimmerframe - would be good to watch the oldies run amuck.

Knowing those from the SI the zimmerframes would all be powered

subsequently from what I read above about the meeting, it sounds good.
    dunno why, but I am always drawn towards the sidecars

the TV ad is a beaut.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    suzuki
    any thoughts people have had about this not happening due to the earth moving etc is only their thoughts, it's on and it's run by cantabrians who won't let earthquakes ruin their fun again......

Bike
    Racing ones

11 sleeps to go

Were all good to go, only 11 sleeps

No danger this far south from the EQ's ( until the alpine fault goes anyway
    NI drivers/riders will need to go from Picton via Nelson and the Lewis pass, adds a few hours to the trip.

280 bikes entered so far

Checkout our facebook page for more info

Thread Information