Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to bikes and NZ (nataliaxen)

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    you're kidding eh, it's winter, they're all at home knitting or playing scrabble.
    Nope some are out there, not the tuka whores mind, they will wait until labour day and the madness will begin again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    KTM Duke 390 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    you're kidding eh, it's winter, they're all at home knitting or playing scrabble.
    That is also one difference from Finland. There is is quite normal to ride even in -5..-6 if there is no ice on the road, otherwise the riding season would be as short as 4-5 months a year. I had to buy a new riding jacket here, because the one that I have brought from Finland was just too hot, even though I have removed the inner layer.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by nataliaxen View Post
    That is also one difference from Finland. There is is quite normal to ride even in -5..-6 if there is no ice on the road, otherwise the riding season would be as short as 4-5 months a year. I had to buy a new riding jacket here, because the one that I have brought from Finland was just too hot, even though I have removed the inner layer.
    I've a Scottish friend who used to ride year round also. His reasoning was the same. "If we only rode on fine days, the tyres would perish and fall apart before we'd gone through a tank of gas".

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I've a Scottish friend who used to ride year round also. His reasoning was the same. "If we only rode on fine days, the tyres would perish and fall apart before we'd gone through a tank of gas".
    yeah but, given the number of bikes on trademe that have "never been in the rain" then one must assume that bikes must melt when wet

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    yeah but, given the number of bikes on trademe that have "never been in the rain" then one must assume that bikes must melt when wet
    Got caught out in the rain once and the headlight got moisture in it fogged up and needed replaced. I should try the new one in the rain before the warranty expires but I am afraid now.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Honda Hornet
    Welcome Nataliaxen. There is a group in Wellington - 'The Litas Wellington via facebook

https://www.facebook.com/thelitaswellington/?fref=ts

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by swtfa View Post
    Welcome Nataliaxen. There is a group in Wellington - 'The Litas Wellington via facebook

That's cool! Great to see.

Bike
    KTM Duke 390 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by swtfa View Post

Thank you. Will try joining this group, because my membership in Wellington Riders FB group is still not approved after 2 weeks of waiting. Probably that is because I have a baby seal on my profile pic But man, I LOVE seals!

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Thank you. Will try joining this group, because my membership in Wellington Riders FB group is still not approved after 2 weeks of waiting. Probably that is because I have a baby seal on my profile pic But man, I LOVE seals!
    I haven't been clubbing in ages.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    The fag that started the group will be right into the baby seal.

Thread Information