Thread: Fat bikers MC August ride, Tauranga Trundle (this Sunday the 14th)

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E

Fat bikers MC August ride, Tauranga Trundle (this Sunday the 14th)

Tauranga trundle (from our ride page)

"Righty ho I better get some times together for this ride, Things have been nuts at work but I guess better late than never :P
    Northern meet point Caltex Bombay 9:30am and roll out at 10am and off to Matamata to the Southern meet point around 11:20am at the Car Park between the info centre (looks like the hobbits home) and Public toilets, if the carpark is full I figure the bikes can ride out under the trees as it seems hobbitville gets busy at times

(Matamata Info center Cnr of Broadway street and Hetana St)

A quick chin wag and time to set sail for Tauranga at 11:40ish well least near Tauranga (Bethlehem) to refuel the bikes .....and find an award winning pie shop! then once the pie warmer is empty head towards the Karangahake Gorge stopping a refreshment stop then on our way north again with a possible stop at Muddy Waters for finish spot.

Total K’s for the day (Bombay to Bombay) 330K’s "

This is an open ride but not a race, if anyone is keen to join the cruise just intro yourselves at the meet points

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    The Weather is looking good for Sunday last time I checked

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    OH Yes, fine weather and no chill factor MINUS winds, at last, be there or be square.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    and a great ride it was

Good roads, Nice pies and a couple of other good stops

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    and a great ride it was

Good roads, Nice pies and a couple of other good stops
    Yep, for those who could not make it. SUCKERS it was awesome, great roads, hardly used a main road anywhere, brilliant stops, Matamata, Bethleham for some very good ( Not as good as Kihikihi though I feel!) pies, then off via Athenree gorge to the old Waikino Pubm great stop there, awesome hot coffee in the outback garden bar, onwards to the L&P Bottle ( a standard FBMC stop these days, pics) then on via Paeroa to Ngatea, via Miranda and Maungatawhere to the good old Muddy (Official haunt of the FBMC) for some very welcome toasting by the big old fire in the corner.
    Great day, cheers Leathel, good lead matek,, thanks everyone who made it a beaut day, been a pleasure riding with you all today, as always.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Thread Information