Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese TaoTao scooter WARNING

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post

My partner has nearly had a head-on with an oncoming vehicle due to these manufacturing defects, not something i find funny or take lightly.

odd that despite knowing there are multiple defects that could cause a head on you still let here ride it, i 'm picking she's insured and there's another kitchen bitch lined up if for when she goes eh.

Bike
    2013 Harley custom
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    odd that despite knowing there are multiple defects that could cause a head on you still let here ride it, i 'm picking she's insured and there's another kitchen bitch lined up if for when she goes eh.
    maybe i phrased that wrong. those are the issues it HAS had since we got it. Everything remotely dangerous has been taken care of before I've sent her on her way at OUR expense that should have been covered by warantee but no the seller is more of an ass than you. Don't make assumptions.

The drive-belt snapping could not have been forseen or prevented, I inspected it 3 weeks ago when the kickstart shat it'sself and it was fine.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post

The drive-belt snapping could not have been forseen
    I foresaw it, because it's cheap chinese shit.

but never mind all the srs people. phone the herald, stuff, tv3, start a facebook group. it' like any cunt actually reads kb.

Bike
    Exercycle
    If by Court you mean Small claims then get as much expert paperwork as you can before going in. The total cost is under their ceiling so it's the right place to go. As has been said, talk to LTSA and the Commerce Commission, they may step in on your behalf.
    Go see some of the shops in Timaru and ask if anyone would be prepared to do an assessment and write a report on your behalf. You'll have to pay but it's in their interest to get this shit off the road.

Trademe should be interested too.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    If you keep saying "Offthenet" in Blenheim, this thread about "Offthenet" in Blenheim will come to the top of the google search when looking for "Offthenet" in Blenheim.

So "Offthenet" in Blenheim will start to not do so well. Sucks to be "Offthenet" in Blenheim.

ComCom will beall over "Offthenet" in Blenheim once reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Troubles,, Chinese? You must have bought a dud or one assembled on a Friday.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    2013 Harley custom
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Even if it had been up to standard for NZ roads chances are you would not be able to get any spare parts if anything wore out anyway.
    Fortunately the internet us a wonderful place and parts are easy to come by and reasonably cheap, however since there all oem it's only a temporary patch since they'll just keep breaking. After having so many fail im wondering whats going to break next. I had a brief call with the seller and seemed to confuse me with another customer who had on with a broken frame...... Reguardless he has not bothered to return any emails.

Bike
    2013 Harley custom
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Troubles,, Chinese? You must have bought a dud or one assembled on a Friday.
    Or one assembled by an incompetent money hungry dirtbag.

Bike
    2013 Harley custom
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    If you keep saying "Offthenet" in Blenheim, this thread about "Offthenet" in Blenheim will come to the top of the google search when looking for "Offthenet" in Blenheim.

So "Offthenet" in Blenheim will start to not do so well. Sucks to be "Offthenet" in Blenheim.

ComCom will beall over "Offthenet" in Blenheim once reported.
    reported to ComCom and they have replied! Just finished forwarding all emails, can't believe at some of the dumb things he said!!! (Craig Love - owner operator "OffTheNet")
    I guess i just have to hope for a positive outcome for me, not so much for him.

Bike
    -
    Seraph, any update on this. Anybody take any action?
    Watch out for tow ropes and quickly braking cars

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerMice View Post
    Seraph, any update on this. Anybody take any action?
    ehh fock cunt.
    option c) no cunt gives a fuck it's chinese shit so, like, well duh!

Bike
    2013 Harley custom
    Hey guys nothing yet but hearing is on Tuesday next week! Will let you know what happens.

Bike
    2013 Harley custom
    We have a win! The guy didn't even show up but the referee was horrified at the problems and considered the scooter life threatening with substantial failures. that's a TAO TAO ZUMICO from OFFTHENET ltd trading as 8PM on trademe! AVOID AVOID AVOID!

Seems that a little goes a long way when you actually stand up for yourself!

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Well done......

We'd all be better of if a lot of substandard crap wouldn't be allowed to be brought into the country
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Well done......

We'd all be better of if a lot of substandard crap wouldn't be allowed to be brought into the country
    Agree - is there not some minimum standard road going vehicles have to meet?

Thread Information