Thread: Worth a look but , thats all

Bike
    husaberg

Worth a look ,but thats all, its all gone.

Anyone able to identify the blue un at 2.01, looks yamy blue
    I had a google to see where it was and found this.
    http://jalopnik.com/arizona-fire-des...ight-633898744
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    XB12S
    Well there goes a long retirements worth of restos right there

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Employ a load of retirees to chop the fenders back, wrap tape round the headers,fit brown seats and invert the bars ....kahching kaching.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Yo momma
    There is bound to be some good stuff hidden somewhere in there but on the whole it looks like a huge pile of shit.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Employ a load of retirees to chop the fenders back, wrap tape round the headers,fit brown seats and invert the bars ....kahching kaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    There is bound to be some good stuff hidden somewhere in there but on the whole it looks like a huge pile of shit.
    Second link.............
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Apparently the owner is a compulsive hoarder who only sells the bare minimum to keep going, and at stupid high prices. What is it about old bikes and cars whose owners are prepared to let them rot and rust into the ground rather than let them go? Even if the 80/20 rule applies (80% junk / 20 % value) there were still a lot of salvageable old bikes in that yard

A sad sight, a bit like this: www.carsinbarns.com
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Apparently the owner is a compulsive hoarder who only sells the bare minimum to keep going, and at stupid high prices. What is it about old bikes and cars whose owners are prepared to let them rot and rust into the ground rather than let them go? Even if the 80/20 rule applies (80% junk / 20 % value) there were still a lot of salvageable old bikes in that yard

does no one ever follow links

http://jalopnik.com/arizona-fire-des...ight-633898744
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando

As someone who has too many 'projects"...

I'd say they keep them as they have some sentimental attachment, they don't need the money, dislike people who make low offers, just stubborn old blokes or a mix of all of them.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    As someone who has too many 'projects"...

I'd say they keep them as they have some sentimental attachment, they don't need the money, dislike people who make low offers, just stubborn old blokes or a mix of all of them.
    ...there's a lot of truth in that...I can see me fitting into that category, although in my quest for a tidy up in my shed and life, I have started to 'give' stuff away for token value so it can help keep the jappy classics on the road or show floor...I figured my jealous hoarding of fifty year old jappy parts was counter productive to the original idea in keeping them, and I have conceded that I do not have enough time to do all or even some of the shit I'd like before the fateful end...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Yes I did, which is why I was paraphrasing this comment:

"The owner isn't actually running a business - he's a disturbed individual with a hoarding disorder and possibly OCD. He seems unstable, so I wouldn't recommend visiting as a "tourist" either. He wont hesitate to put his hands on you if you touch anything in his yard, wont sell 99% of what you see (including -anything- you show interest in), and the rare item he says he -will- sell is going to be quoted at a ridiculous and non-negotiable price (500$ and up for parts worth vastly less). I get the feeling that he only sells a few parts every month to the truly desperate or stupid, and lives off the proceeds while continuing to grow his pile toward the sky. Of course, this is also one of the most amazing treasure piles you'll ever see rusting away into dirt - ever seen a Messerschmitt 3 wheeler outside of a museum? He's got 3 of them, rotting in the sun, NOT FOR SALE of course. Words can't describe the breadth and insanity of this "collection" of bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, etc etc etc. There are some of the rarest pieces of 2-wheeled history just sitting there stacked in a pile and forgotten. If it ever rode on 2-3 wheels, he's got it, and he's going to keep it until the sun and rain finally drive it back into the earth from whence it came"
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    Yes I did, which is why I was paraphrasing this comment:

"The owner isn't actually running a business - he's a disturbed individual with a hoarding disorder and possibly OCD. He seems unstable, so I wouldn't recommend visiting as a "tourist" either. He wont hesitate to put his hands on you if you touch anything in his yard, wont sell 99% of what you see (including -anything- you show interest in), and the rare item he says he -will- sell is going to be quoted at a ridiculous and non-negotiable price (500$ and up for parts worth vastly less). I get the feeling that he only sells a few parts every month to the truly desperate or stupid, and lives off the proceeds while continuing to grow his pile toward the sky. Of course, this is also one of the most amazing treasure piles you'll ever see rusting away into dirt - ever seen a Messerschmitt 3 wheeler outside of a museum? He's got 3 of them, rotting in the sun, NOT FOR SALE of course. Words can't describe the breadth and insanity of this "collection" of bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, etc etc etc. There are some of the rarest pieces of 2-wheeled history just sitting there stacked in a pile and forgotten. If it ever rode on 2-3 wheels, he's got it, and he's going to keep it until the sun and rain finally drive it back into the earth from whence it came"
    The fire had other ideas.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Yo momma
    Second link.............
    so he's out eight bucks...

Bike
    bandit

Anyone able to identify the blue un at 2.01, looks yamy blue
    hard to say - there's not enough of it to be seen.

The square headlight suggest a Duke 600 Supersports - but other bits are different. The fairing is too close to the tank for the Duke ...

The lack of the actual headlight suggests a Production race bike ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Thread Information