Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlights ON, hipster gimps!

Bike
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SMK5

Headlights ON, hipster gimps!

Do you scooter gimps realise that the LAW requires you to ride with the headlight ON at all times!!!

The law is there for a GOOD reason, but l just see you ignorant, law-breaking Retards on the roads all the time.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 400sm View Post
    Do you scooter gimps realise that the LAW requires you to ride with the headlight ON at all times!!!
    Like they are on here reading this.

The law is there for a GOOD reason, but l just see you ignorant, law-breaking Retards on the roads all the time.
    Let he who doesn't exceed speed limits cast the first scooter.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    These 'hipster gimps' will be too busy drinking caffè latte... they don't waste their time on motorcycle forums & the like

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Supersize Me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125

Actually it requires no such thing
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    suzuki

The law is there for a GOOD reason,
    tell me one from where i see it it's to spoonfeed other cunts, like in the old days when early motor vehicles had to have someone walking in front of them to warn them they were there

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    "Bring out the gimp"
    "The gimps asleep"
    "Best you go wake him up then".........

Love that movie

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Actually it requires no such thing

It does, sorry. If you ride anything from a large motorcycle to a moped you must have your headlamp on*.

You must have your headlamps on whenever you are driving your moped. This includes daytime as well as night-time. If fitted, daytime running lamps can be used during the day instead of headlamps. (*This requirement applies only to mopeds manufactured after 1 January 1980.)

(Source https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/ve...-moped-riders/ )

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post
    It does, sorry. If you ride anything from a large motorcycle to a moped you must have your headlamp on*.

You must have your headlamps on whenever you are driving your moped. This includes daytime as well as night-time. If fitted, daytime running lamps can be used during the day instead of headlamps. (*This requirement applies only to mopeds manufactured after 1 January 1980.)

(Source https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/vehicle-types/motorcycles-and-mopeds/information-for-moped-riders/ )
    See that bit where it says "If fitted, daytime running lamps can be used during the day instead of headlamps"; and this other bit "*This requirement applies only to mopeds manufactured after 1 January 1980.". Now mr clever clogs, just what do you think those two bits mean?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries
    See that bit where it says "If fitted, daytime running lamps can be used during the day instead of headlamps"; and this other bit "*This requirement applies only to mopeds manufactured after 1 January 1980.". Now mr clever clogs, just what do you think those two bits mean?
    That the law requires scooter riders have their headlamps on, or running lamps if they're fitted. If the bike or scooter is pre 1980 it probably wasn't designed to have the headlamp on all the time, but this is the exception not the rule. From my observations, most scooters on the roads in urban centres aren't over 20 years old, let alone almost 40 years old therefore that exception wouldn't apply.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post
    That the law requires scooter riders have their headlamps on, or running lamps if they're fitted. If the bike or scooter is pre 1980 it probably wasn't designed to have the headlamp on all the time, but this is the exception not the rule. From my observations, most scooters on the roads in urban centres aren't over 20 years old, let alone almost 40 years old therefore he exception wouldn't apply.
    Hipster fuckwits may go for those shitty old vespa thingos though, or they may use DRLs. In any case, Headlights on at all time is not the law.

Bike
    xp500 yamaha

Lights on

Scoot or bike dont be fuck wits.
    run im always

Bike
    xp500 yamaha
    Run them always

Bike
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SMK5
    Hipster fuckwits may go for those shitty old vespa thingos though, or they may use DRLs. In any case, Headlights on at all time is not the law.
    Are you the typical ignorant moron who does NOT know the law...and who is probably illiterate too.
    There are hundreds of thousands of dumb kiwis like you out there that misinterpret our laws.
    READ IT PROPLY.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    You are the typical ignorant moron who does NOT know the law...and who is probably illiterate too.
    There are hundreds of thousands of dumb kiwis like you out there.
    READ IT PROPLY....
    You do know the relevant excerpt has been posted in this thread already right? And that it clearly says DRLs are an acceptable alternative to using the headlight. I mean, I figure I should help you out, and kb is already oversubscribed to buffoonish irony is all...

Bike
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SMK5
    You do know the relevant excerpt has been posted in this thread already right? And that it clearly says DRLs are an acceptable alternative to using the headlight. I mean, I figure I should help you out, and kb is already oversubscribed to buffoonish irony is all...
    Yes so if one does not have DRLs one has to ride with the headlight on, RIGHT?
    CHUR ! Did I upset you...

Thread Information