Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tt2000 2017

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    How is that possible on an RS?? I'm looking for a petrol station at 220 and in a panic at 240:-) Mind you I've never really learnt this 'steady' thing you speak of:-)
    yes I am looking for fuel around 260-270 and the just over 300 is 'just that'....EMPTY!
    Possibly also as mine is the later model, the tuning is different from the earlier ones...... only 100bhp and torque much lower down the rev range, and I think 'more of it'.. I suspect it's the 'old' RT ignition curve, or very close to it.

I've not ridden the 'S' full tilt for a tankful, to see the consumption level.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    yes I am looking for fuel around 260-270 and the just over 300 is 'just that'....EMPTY!
    Possibly also as mine is the later model, the tuning is different from the earlier ones...... only 100bhp and torque much lower down the rev range, and I think 'more of it'.. I suspect it's the 'old' RT ignition curve, or very close to it.

I've not ridden the 'S' full tilt for a tankful, to see the consumption level.
    Yep the earlier ones like mine are rev happy and drink petrol like it's the 6 o'clock swill.

Probably not helped by me removing the airbox and fitting a JT filter instead - but the induction roar makes it worth it:-)

Gremlin - If I'm able to go back to 2 wheels again one day I think I'll have to get an adventure bike with a massive Paris-Dakar style petrol tank like that - just for the joy of not having to stop at every sodding petrol station.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Gremlin - If I'm able to go back to 2 wheels again one day I think I'll have to get an adventure bike with a massive Paris-Dakar style petrol tank like that - just for the joy of not having to stop at every sodding petrol station.
    I remember my previous KTM, as much fun as it was, and I could go a little over 200km to a tank (220-240km ish), I do remember that every time I was filling, I was thinking about where the next stop was The beauty of the BMW, is that for a typical/normal day, it won't be over 600km. I can fill in the morning, then head wherever I want with no services, and know I'll usually still have gas at the end of the day. So for adventure riding, I don't need to come back out, get gas, go back in, etc.

Doing Auckland to Picton on a tank is pretty neat too
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    yamaha fjr 1300

Gray Wolf not lone wolf

HEY !! After doing the 1000 miler on an MT-01, there's something to be said about taking 'weird/different' on trips..And have done 5 weeks touring down south in the last 2yrs {by spyder}.. be warned, there is an 'urge' building to do the 1000 on a spyder.....

GIdday fella, yeah thousand miler was a awesome experience, empty oh one, maybe not the best choice, but collectively we got around with each others help, enjoyed the experience, look forward to catching up maybe next month. 😊

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    ...be warned, there is an 'urge' building to do the 1000 on a spyder...
    Hey just noticed this, I hope your not planning to steal my claim to fame of being the first Spyder to do the NI1600;-)

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Butler View Post
    GIdday fella, yeah thousand miler was a awesome experience, empty oh one, maybe not the best choice, but collectively we got around with each others help, enjoyed the experience, look forward to catching up maybe next month. 😊
    Hey Stretch, well the MT is 'long gone'... the CB would make it 'too easy' can get about 350 from a tank {maybe not at the speeds we were doing in the early stages though} {GREMLIN you are banned from reading that!!!}

Hey just noticed this, I hope your not planning to steal my claim to fame of being the first Spyder to do the NI1600;-)
    if it's this year? your safe..... already got a weekender arranged the weekend before.... Riding to Stratford then Stratford/Tauramanui to Napier, overnight, then back to Welly with another Spyder (RTs) and a couple of bikes.
    Cant get BOTH weekends off from work sadly. but will look at the C1000 for time off.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    2013 BMW R1200GSA

Hi all - newly signed up here

The TT2000 will surely be different this year - the 4 points will make it hard to collect a massive number
    Struggling with the mystery checkpoint of the building with the red roof .... Check point 1 any ideas ?

Plenty of time to plan , was hoping to get the clean sweep next year ( the 2017 will be my second one)

Anyone ride 650's or 690's around Canterbury ? I passed a guy at Lake Lindon last week on his own but was pushed for time so did not stop

Cheers all

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    Yep. It's going to be all but impossible to get all Checkpoints this year. Just getting all the points around Christchurch will take five plus hours. Then add the commute to Gore, there's just not enough hours in the day.
    If you enjoy riding on the peninsula, you've passed the red roof many times. That may have been Cynna on kiwibiker you saw up lake lyndon. XT660Z.
    Our TT2000 strategy is to ride until late on the Friday. A good nights sleep, well six hours maybe. Start at 6am on Saturday and go right through to Sunday's finish with a catnap at the first sign of real fatigue on Sat night. Each to their own but it works for us

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bike
    2013 BMW R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by whatastoner View Post
    Yep. It's going to be all but impossible to get all Checkpoints this year. Just getting all the points around Christchurch will take five plus hours. Then add the commute to Gore, there's just not enough hours in the day.
    If you enjoy riding on the peninsula, you've passed the red roof many times. That may have been Cynna on kiwibiker you saw up lake lyndon. XT660Z.
    Our TT2000 strategy is to ride until late on the Friday. A good nights sleep, well six hours maybe. Start at 6am on Saturday and go right through to Sunday's finish with a catnap at the first sign of real fatigue on Sat night. Each to their own but it works for us

LOL I know but... I can't recall it might have to corner slower on my left handers aye

If the advernture rider I saw up lyndon way is looking for a riding buddy - sing out KTM 690R

Bike
    1988 xrv650
    My xr650r will be running in a few weeks. I'll be in touch.

Bike
    2011, Can-am Spyder RS
    Blog Entries
    Concur on the checkpoints this year. I did have a vague idea about doing them all this time before they got published but that's just not possible for me, particularly as I want to stick to the 48 hours limit.

With my original draft I was thinking of going anti-clockwise, finishing in Dunedin but I've now had a rethink and decided to go clockwise instead finishing in Picton. This is mainly so I can do the Haast Pass road in daylight as I don't get a chance to ride that one very often.

Red roof one - Possibly you're more likely to be checking your speedo than your cornering speeds at that point:-)

PS this was the one I got stuck on, then kicked myself when I realized where it was.

Bike
    '15 VStrom 650, 1983 BMW R80G/S
    i got mystery checkpoints 1,2,3 within a few seconds of looking at them but 4 has me stumped. Even showed it to all the swede munchers at work and they didn't, know either. Like Piston Blown I'm thinking about the run up Haast Pass on Saturday. I have only ridden it twice. 1986 when parts were a dirt road and 2008 on the mini returns ride.
    To anyone that ever told you you’re no good… They’re no better.

Bike
    2013 BMW R1200GSA
    Found the last one now - thanks you to you know who :-) Can't reply to private message as not been here long enough

Bike
    2013 BMW R1200GSA
    Search/think Southland house made of bottles

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorguy View Post
    Can't reply to private message as not been here long enough
    More to do with your post count .. not "time served". Keep posting ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information