So this weekend was my first ride using my new rain suit, and I must say it was pretty bloody good.

The pants are wide enough to go over boots and pants (quick tip: put a plastic bag over your boot before putting the pants on to slide in easily, then switch feet for next leg) and multiple velcro tabs tighten it up against the boot really well. The nylon pants slip a bit on the seat but that makes it easier to get the knee down ;-)

The jacket was a bit tricky to get on as it is mesh lined, which caught on my jackets other fasteners and the large velcro tab up the front kept catching as well. Once on though, all was good.

The major problem came when getting the gloves on as the wrists on the jacket are sealed with internal elasticated bands with velcro tabs to tighten. The problem is that if the cuff is fully opened the elastic snapped back INTO the cuff itself. I got around this by ensuring that the tabs were linked together and then I had enough room to hook my finger under it and pull it over the glove.

Suiting up problems aside, once on it performed spectacularly. From constant drizzle to driving rain, my riding gear remained dry and it was pretty well ventilated, giving a nice comfortable ride. Easy to clean as well as I just gave it a wipe down when done and now in the cupboard ready for the next rainy day.

Bonus is that the jacket has a hood in it so it can also double as a rain jacket when you are at wherever you are heading to.

All in all, a pretty good buy.