Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well that explains why the RF won't start.

Bike
    The C**t.

Well that explains why the RF won't start.

Bought a non runner RF900 thats sat for 3 years...

Not even so much as a sputter trying to start it with fresh fuel after cleaning the tank, what came out of the tank didn't look too bad...

Wouldn't even try start....

So i pulled the carbs and got this top quality fuel out of them

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1296.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	202.4 KB 
ID:	324284
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Looks like the old Honda fork oil I changed back in 1980....

Bike
    CB1300
    Does it even light?
    Small sample obviously.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Does it even light?
    Small sample obviously.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    I'll test some tomorrow lol

Good to know you care enough most people would tell me to pour the tank over myself.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    CB1300
    Should give you a clue about the contents of it's still there tomorrow.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Next pull the emulsion tubes. Watch for the o-ring when you remove lids. Inspect under good light and ideally magnification. Any ovalisation will need correction. Else some of the plugs will soot up. Check them for a clue.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Next pull the emulsion tubes. Watch for the o-ring when you remove lids. Inspect under good light and ideally magnification. Any ovalisation will need correction. Else some of the plugs will soot up. Check them for a clue.
    Yeap will strip em right down soak everything and clean them all out.... oh carbys.... i have not missed you.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Got a set of carbs sitting at home for an RF. Dunno what the emultion tubes are like in them though.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Got a set of carbs sitting at home for an RF. Dunno what the emultion tubes are like in them though.
    Should be alright with a good clean up, only sat for 3 years not 20 and the silt wipes out really easily so it hasnt made a huge mess of them, it was gumming up the electric fuel pump a bit so i ran some fresh fuel through that and now its running smooth not vibrating like mad trying to chuff fuel through it. Will look into replacing it though it looks like somebody has added an aftermarket pump to it and with the way the lines are run i'd say the oem set up was just gravity feed (havn't looked into it yet) Should i just ditch the pump if its a bit iffy i dont really see a need for it.... in saying that somebody added it for a reason so may be an rf issue im unaware of.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Nope, the pump is factory.

Bike
    The C**t.
    It's alive...... aliveeeeeeeeeeeee

After many hours doing the carbs, then some time cranking getting nothing but backfiring and seeing if some moron had screwed up the firing order.... getting past that and pulling plugs to find them wet... i went and grabbed some plugs for it and shes fired right up
    Main problem with carbs was the gorse on the fuel rail prior to the needle valves were gunked over with fuel slime...

NEOWWWW.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Nope, the pump is factory.
    Pm me a price on those rf carbs mine are missing some sliders that hold the choke rain to the carb bodies so its binding up horribly cant even use the lever...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    Pm me a price on those rf carbs mine are missing some sliders that hold the choke rain to the carb bodies so its binding up horribly cant even use the lever...
    You can have them.

Bike
    The C**t.
    You can have them.
    Do i need a chap stick?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    Do i need a chap stick?
    God no. I don't know where your mouth has been. PM me your address and I'll send them off.

Thread Information