Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Cape Reinga Ride

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    Yes.......... best behavior blah blah blah im not rolling with the noobs.
    Early indications suggest there will less newer riders than ever before. First year was probably a 50/50 split. The following year 25% newish riders and in 2013 even less maybe 4 out of 23 riders. On the Taupo ride in 2011 we had 11 newer riders out of 24.

Some of the more experienced riders on the last rides expressed concerns about the attitude of one in particular which was dealt with at the time. No one on these rides accepts anything less than respect for those you are riding with, at all times.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Early indications suggest there will less newer riders than ever before. First year was probably a 50/50 split. The following year 25% newish riders and in 2013 even less maybe 4 out of 23 riders. On the Taupo ride in 2011 we had 11 newer riders out of 24.

Some of the more experienced riders on the last rides expressed concerns about the attitude of one in particular which was dealt with at the time. No one of these rides accepts anything less than respect for those you are riding with, at all times.
    I'm nearly 30 ive been riding for 12 years... im pretty sure i can handle a bike... im well aware the road isnt a race track. your call.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    I'm nearly 30 ive been riding for 12 years... im pretty sure i can handle a bike... im well aware the road isnt a race track. your call.
    You are more than welcome to come, I always add to the main ride thread first page No Hero's No Egos and that is for everyone. One of your old mates from your first round on KB has interest in the ride.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    If we are planning to do the beach prolly need to ensure the tide is right for the planned rally date-Ideally we should be looking for a low tide early PM to ensure the sand is hard enough for riding and there is time to complete the ride.I have looked at the tides for March 17 and Sat 25th may be the option with low tide at 3pm.

Bike
    BMW F 650GS
    Just an Idea at this very early stage. If there is enough interest on here and FB I will make it happen.

Some basic points on how the ride goes for those who have not been on any of the three prior rides.

: Looking to do the ride Feb/March 2017.
    : 24 people maximum.
    : It’s over three days Friday/Saturday/Sunday
    : Friday ride up, Saturday ride to the Cape and back, Sunday ride home.
    : Three separate riding groups consisting of eight bikes in each group.
    : Learner friendly ride, group three primarily is for learners but comfortable at 100 kph is a requirement.
    : Group one will usually peel off at different stages to do other roads. Paparoa/Oakliegh. Matauri bay Loop and some will do a bit of Ninety Mile beach on the Saturday. As long as they know the Lunch stop times it's all good.
    : Stay at Coopers Beach (Motel) Eight rooms so there is sharing to consider.
    : Room one sleeps six so normally for the single boys.
    : Another room sleeps 4-5 so is good for the single girls.
    : There is room for tents if that’s your thing.
    : An all-inclusive per person price will be settled on (*Food included)

*Food.
    In the past the hosts have put on two cooked breakfasts and two hot evening meals, which was included in the per person price. Lunches you pay for separately, Lunch stops are arranged prior to the ride date. Normally Paihia on Friday and Pukenui on Saturday on the way back from the Cape and either Waipu or Mangawhai on the way back.
    Not sure about the breakfasts/tea this time, I have not been in contact with the Motel as yet about it. One other ride we did, we got $10 off everyone and that feed 23 people Pizza for tea and enough food for a decent fry up the next morning (Two Meals) If we have to fend for ourselves this time, the option is to and get Fish and Chips and whatever else they may have in Coopers Beach/Cable Bay for the second night. Breakfasts will be at Pukenui on the Saturday and Kerikeri on the Sunday.

Ball Park Costs.
    We will endeavor to keep the cost per person under $200.

15 Probables so far.
    I'm keen to jump on this ride
    Would be happy to share on the SAARG page. To help get the message out.

Have you got any firm numbers and a ride date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Saarg View Post
    I'm keen to jump on this ride
    Would be happy to share on the SAARG page. To help get the message out.

Have you got any firm numbers and a ride date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ride number cuts off at 24. The Motel has 19 beds in total, Obviously couples use only the one bed, which is why we can cater for 24. Plus it's a good number without being ridiculous. Three groups divide perfectly also. Some will take tents.

No date as yet but as Black Knight has said March 17/18/19 or the week after might be best for tides.

And what is SAARG?
    Yes if there are some newer riders. It's not a Mentor, ride we just provide a safe riding environment for the new rider and the chance to experience something a little different, like riding to the Cape and have a shit load of fun while doing it. Mark Waters lives up that way, and as a once Motorcycle instructor, he provides that something extra for the learner. His knowledge is vast and he has even helped out with the odd mechanical adjustment from time to time when needed. He peels off as does the Matauri Bay loop on the way up with who ever wants to do it and leads the beach ride after the Cape.

Bike
    BMW F 650GS
    Ride number cuts off at 24. The Motel has 19 beds in total, Obviously couples use only the one bed, which is why we can cater for 24. Plus it's a good number without being ridiculous. Three groups divide perfectly also. Some will take tents.

No date as yet but as Black Knight has said March 17/18/19 or the week after might be best
    Great,
    That makes sense, seeing that there's limited space for accommodation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
    BMW F 650GS

And what is SAARG?
    Yes if there are some newer riders. It's not a Mentor, ride we just provide a safe riding environment for the new rider and the chance to experience something a little different, like riding to the Cape and have a shit load of fun while doing it. Mark Waters lives up that way, and as a once Motorcycle instructor, he provides that something extra for the learner. His knowledge is vast and he has even helped out with the odd mechanical adjustment from time to time when needed. He peels off as does the Matauri Bay loop on the way up with who ever wants to do it and leads the beach ride after the Cape.
    South Auckland Adventure Riders (SAARG)
    This is a social club on Facebook, of independent dual sport riders who live in and around Auckland, Franklin, Waikato, Rodney districts use South Auckland Adventure Riders Group to organize group rides and social

check us out on Facebook, I'd say a majority of us are experienced riders with capable bikes/ride experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Sorry guys I did not word my post regarding tides quite right--Re-phrased it should read that during March only one weekend seems to be suitable for the beach ride and that is Saturday March 25th with low tide at around 3 pm.Having said this I don't think that we should pick that date just because of the beach ride as there will be other stuff to do.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Here is the video of the beach part from 2013.
    I still have the bike and the red rag, but the camera died. Was it really 2013? Must have been as I wasn't yet a granddad and oldest is coming up to 3 this year. Stayed at Coopers Beach Motel earlier this year, seemed to have gone downhill a bit. Certainly interested in going next year depending on dates etc.

I don't come on here that often now as I can't cope with the sarcasm and hurtful comments.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by bluninja View Post
    I still have the bike and the red rag, but the camera died. Was it really 2013? Must have been as I wasn't yet a granddad and oldest is coming up to 3 this year. Stayed at Coopers Beach Motel earlier this year, seemed to have gone downhill a bit. Certainly interested in going next year depending on dates etc.

I don't come on here that often now as I can't cope with the sarcasm and hurtful comments.
    So it's closer to the beach then?

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Will need to see if there is still space closer to Christmas as i'll only know then if i am free....

But I may crawl out from under my rock for this.....
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by aff-man View Post
    Will need to see if there is still space closer to Christmas as i'll only know then if i am free....

But I may crawl out from under my rock for this.....
    Jeepers Jonno you could always Top n Tail with Skidmark....no wait he ain't coming so scrap that terrible thought.

Bike
    2004ZX6R
    My partners brother and his wife run 90 mile beach holiday park if that helps you ??

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by WNJ View Post
    My partners brother and his wife run 90 mile beach holiday park if that helps you ??
    A new venue could be looked at, a big plus is the massive eating area and bar. And I would just ask those who are coming to book their own room rather than the 'per head' price as per previous years. I think the QKS used to use that place when they did their Northern Exposure rides.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/nz/nine...=total;ucfs=1&

Thread Information