Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Any lady riders still on this site?

Bike
    Aprilia RS125
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    Ahh, that's a pity.

I went for the first time a few Wednesdays back.

I enjoyed the ride over to the Albany car park, but didn't partake in the low speed drills (too embarrassed by poor skills).
    aww but looking like a noob is half the fun!

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Trure, but I guess I'm just afraid of dropping my bike! (again)

Bike
    Aprilia RS125
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    Trure, but I guess I'm just afraid of dropping my bike! (again)
    Still failing to see an issue :P

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by STEPHASAUR View Post
    Still failing to see an issue :P
    Replacement fairing $600+ per side.....

Bike
    2015 KTM200XC
    having only been to the one NASS ride, I'm not really qualified to have much of an opinion. Unfortunately I am an opinionated person lol, it was a sausage fest. the ride over there was ok, but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of direction going on with learning skills, some one just plonked some cones down and others rode around them.... and then off to the pub.
    I ditched before the pub as being the only female there and ever so slighter older than the rest of the crowd I felt really out of place. Personally I think I learn more just riding my bike with my friends or solo.
    Ive done one of the ride forever courses and that was ok...
    WESTIE CHICKS ROCK

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by buffstar View Post
    having only been to the one NASS ride, I'm not really qualified to have much of an opinion. Unfortunately I am an opinionated person lol, it was a sausage fest. the ride over there was ok, but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of direction going on with learning skills, some one just plonked some cones down and others rode around them.... and then off to the pub.
    I ditched before the pub as being the only female there and ever so slighter older than the rest of the crowd I felt really out of place. Personally I think I learn more just riding my bike with my friends or solo.
    Do you have something specific you want to learn? Or more general?

Bike
    TF125
    Personally I think I learn more just riding my bike with my friends or solo.
    Worked perfectly well for us old cunts before the days of social media.

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries
    From what I've heard about these rides from those who have gone to one or two before is that they're just regular meet-ups thinly disguised as skills rides. #heatedgrips #comparingtirewear #oldboysclub

Bike
    Aprilia RS125
    aww I must have just missed you!
    arrived as they were packing up. Juniper was there (chick in black cbr600rr) she must have arrived shortly after you left too

I wouldn't say they're useless meets. i don't know what they were practising yesterday but generally its stuff like emergency braking, fig 8's, slaloms etc
    idk, i find them pretty helpful in real life situations, but suppose it really depends
    can agree its a bit of a measuring contest sometimes, and they DO tend to be a bit overwhelming if you're the only chick attending (last time i went was a total nightmare) but idk, when the groups are smaller and/or there are other ladies present it's not too bad

Certainly hope it doesn't put you off coming along to the next one. would love to meet other lady riders

Bike
    Its a Boat
    In all honesty, you probably will learn about your riding style/technique over time, riding by yourself or with a small group of friends rather than attending a meeting where you get to do, and learn less than you would at a BHS course.

2011, a few of us use to arrange Learner friendly day rides that took place once a month, we did 7 in total. What really impressed me was that experienced riders would turn up and ride. Chatting over a burger with the novice riders and offering a bit of advice was appreciated, no mentoring, just a little bit of advice on something that may have been picked up by the more experienced rider such as road position/following distances/corner set and speed. No need to inundate newer riders with too much advice at once, it won't all sink in.

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    I have to agree with Buffstar.

I felt terribly out of place myself.

Needs more ladies and maturity.

Bike
    2015 KTM200XC
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Worked perfectly well for us old cunts before the days of social media.

yeahhhh I think I might be an old cunt lmfao. I will just ride my damn bike, ive got most of the basic skills down from years on the dirt, I just thought there was 'more' ya know? meh fuckit
    WESTIE CHICKS ROCK

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    yeahhhh I think I might be an old cunt lmfao.
    Yeah but us whipper snappers could learn a thing or two from our elders

Respect for one....

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    My time is starting to free up if anybody is looking some rides.

Bike
    2007 kawasaki gpx250
    I'm new to riding, pretty keen to see if there's any groups around? Obviously NASS has been suggested which I'll have a look at, but any other suggestionsuggestions?

Thread Information