Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home media streaming?

Bike
    CB1300
    In my limited experience HD and higher is just a little like visiting the wizard and seeing behind the curtain...

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    In my limited experience HD and higher is just a little like visiting the wizard and seeing behind the curtain...

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    Depends on the content, softcore is better suited to 4k I think. Then there's the VR files too, which can get pretty big.

Wrt 8TB though, I've only got about 2TB of media now, but room for expansion can't hurt.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Wrt 8TB though, I've only got about 2TB of media now, but room for expansion can't hurt.
    Indeed, and remember NAS rule of thumb is 75-80% utilisation.

I bought a 6TB unit, 2x 3TB and set it in Raid 1. Then filled it. Bought another of the same units and got it over 50% filled... then the original failed.

Now the server has ~14TB and I'm probably around 50%. Being able to backup a home machine and not care about capacity is refreshing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information