Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ACC is making changes & wants your feedback

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMax View Post
    I Know, lets start a protest movement, ride to Devonport on a Sunday morning, park up and have a coffee, that will tell them what for
    I wonder what has happened to that group? their FB page hasn't had any action since July.... that I can see.

Bike
    Between Rides
    Actually I have a better idea. Lets go grab a coffee somewhere, have a nice hug, update our status's, 'Like' each other's status's then ride off in our high viz to the AA, stand outside and look really grumpy. Then write a very annoyed letter to someone, then after that see how many 'Like's' we got and then go hug each other again. Hey, its better than sitting around doing nothing.....hug them to death....

Bike
    Between Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I wonder what has happened to that group? their FB page hasn't had any action since July.... that I can see.
    No they've had a few perk ups and coffee mornings......and biscuits...

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    ACC wants your opion
    Fuck that the funniest thing iv'e read for ages.

Bike
    It was on the good
    I Know, lets start a protest movement, ride to Devonport on a Sunday morning, park up and have a coffee, that will tell them what for
    You need to let it go.

Bike
    Between Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    You need to let it go.
    Why.........???

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    I put feedback on the motorcycle rego price topic and also on the earners levy. I said the earners levy should be higher

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Why.........???
    hairy palms and/or you'l go blind

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Get over it.....its part of living in our society. I pay taxes and levies for all sorts of shit I dont use and may never use.
    i have paid acc levys for the last 38 years, it nearly ruined me the level of tax, acc etc i paid when i was first self employed but thats what it cost. I have paid acc levys on motorcycle regos for the same period. No claims, never thought i ever would. But there you go. It has now paid off, it saved my life and gives me the nessesities i need to stand and walk and go to work and contribute to the acc and tax pool again so that one day you may benefit as i have.
    fuck your whinging, try living without the benefits of acc, look how well(not) the system works in the US for all of society

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Good on that man on post #4-makes a lot of sense and I will post a similar response to ACC-my Mrs is a nurse at the local Medical Centre and often reports to me the number of dirt bike riders that make minor ACC injury claims at the Centre,then their are the major ones that end up as Hospital claims,then there are farm bike injuries-all subsidised by our ACC fees.If the cost of these 100's of injuries were taken out of the overall cost it would be a different picture.
    As for the "Safety" Levy-Pffftt.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Why.........???
    Cos as usual it just makes you look like a cock...

Bitching about people who arent here to hear it and dont care what you think is just stupid!

Bike
    Between Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post
    Cos as usual it just makes you look like a cock...

Bitching about people who arent here to hear it and dont care what you think is just stupid!
    If they are not here to hear it then what kind of a Motorcycle Action Group are they? Exactly my point, here is an ACC issue raised by a biker (whom they profess to fight for and represent etc) yet they wont engage the biker community on the biggest open forum for NZ Motorcyclists. They would sooner use Facebook where its all back slapping and hugging and anyone that expresses an opinion they dont like or disagree with is thrown out. I fought their corner on here and got abused to shit for it (mind you some of it was fun) but I cannot understand why they choose to hide from this forum.

Thats my point.....now onto yours

If i was bothered about what you or anybody else thinks about me then your comments are fair.

But Im not so I shall carry on......if you dont like it use the numerous privacy functions available to you, thats the freedom of the interweb net thing rather than bang on at me when quite frankly I couldnt give a rats arse.

Or do you need a hug as well?

xoxoxox

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    Get over it.....its part of living in our society. I pay taxes and levies for all sorts of shit I dont use and may never use.
    i have paid acc levys for the last 38 years, it nearly ruined me the level of tax, acc etc i paid when i was first self employed but thats what it cost. I have paid acc levys on motorcycle regos for the same period. No claims, never thought i ever would. But there you go. It has now paid off, it saved my life and gives me the nessesities i need to stand and walk and go to work and contribute to the acc and tax pool again so that one day you may benefit as i have.
    fuck your whinging, try living without the benefits of acc, look how well(not) the system works in the US for all of society
    I think this man is better placed than most of us to give some insight into what is being "debated" on this thread.
    Do I like paying the $$ I do for the two bikes sitting in the garage right now? Nope.
    Do I know that should I need help I will be taken care of? Yep
    That's worth a few $$.

Cue the stories of those the system let down, its a system, of course it will let people down, that's life.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Between Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    I think this man is better placed than most of us to give some insight into what is being "debated" on this thread.
    Do I like paying the $$ I do for the two bikes sitting in the garage right now? Nope.
    Do I know that should I need help I will be taken care of? Yep
    That's worth a few $$.

Cue the stories of those the system let down, its a system, of course it will let people down, that's life.
    Well said sir

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Why when I can only ride one bike at a time do I need pay the acc content of registration for each bike?
    Because if you only paid one they wouldn't meet their budget. They did explain that although not many were listening?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information