Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ACC is making changes & wants your feedback

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Because if you only paid one they wouldn't meet their budget. They did explain that although not many were listening?
    Which would be fine, if having them arbitrarily charge some of their clients two or three times as much based on their completely irrelevant bike ownership in order for them to make budget was more important to their clients than equitable contributions.

I suspect that for most it's not.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMax View Post
    If they are not here to hear it then what kind of a Motorcycle Action Group are they? Exactly my point, here is an ACC issue raised by a biker (whom they profess to fight for and represent etc) yet they wont engage the biker community on the biggest open forum for NZ Motorcyclists. They would sooner use Facebook where its all back slapping and hugging and anyone that expresses an opinion they dont like or disagree with is thrown out. I fought their corner on here and got abused to shit for it (mind you some of it was fun) but I cannot understand why they choose to hide from this forum.

Thats my point.....now onto yours

If i was bothered about what you or anybody else thinks about me then your comments are fair.

But Im not so I shall carry on......if you dont like it use the numerous privacy functions available to you, thats the freedom of the interweb net thing rather than bang on at me when quite frankly I couldnt give a rats arse.

Or do you need a hug as well?

xoxoxox
    Me bangin' on. I simply answered your question. I actually agree with your main point about the action part or lack thereof but ho hum. Go choke on a pie im off for a caramel latte!

Bike
    Between Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post
    im off for a caramel latte!
    You'll get fat on them

Bike
    2008 Honda Hornet CB600

If they are not here to hear it then what kind of a Motorcycle Action Group are they? Exactly my point, here is an ACC issue raised by a biker (whom they profess to fight for and represent etc) yet they wont engage the biker community on the biggest open forum for NZ Motorcyclists. They would sooner use Facebook where its all back slapping and hugging and anyone that expresses an opinion they dont like or disagree with is thrown out. I fought their corner on here and got abused to shit for it (mind you some of it was fun) but I cannot understand why they choose to hide from this forum.
    Sounds like you want them to come to you - doesn't work like that mate! Try hunting for a woman in the same fashion; it simply won't happen! You got to fight for every freaking inch! And At the end of the day this is a forum, lets be honest - probably not the place you want to go to for a balanced argument! A very varied one certainly, but there are better methods to obtain reliable data (and I agree, Facebook is not one of them). Having said all of this however, they probably play the silent-worm and from time to time, check out some of the things going on here.

If they solely wanted the feedback from a forum arguably their entire website could consist of a single pinned thread.

On an unrelated note, someone close to me in the health profession had this to say (concerning injuries):

"You would not believe the number of ACC claims from motorbike crashes and the substantial long term treatment these people need. It would blow your mind!!!
    For example: hospital fees for;

Concussion
    Traumatic brain injury
    Spinal fractures
    Leg fractures
    Lung collapse/ puncture
    Multi organ damage
    ACC payment for lost wages..."

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Me bangin' on. I simply answered your question. I actually agree with your main point about the action part or lack thereof but ho hum. Go choke on a pie im off for a caramel latte!
    They (MAG) more than likely still hold to the directive that their members should do the work by expressing their concerns via email to TPTB. Being part of the organisation (I use that word loosely) in the past, the frustration levels quickly grew with the lack of protest action, which is primarily the reason it lasted about a year before folded. Some core members got fed up with the lame 'Ride to point A and park up for an hour' carry on. Once a major protest idea was put forward and all of a sudden, it got real.....that's when the committee divided, and subsequently some left as a result.

They will have members that are on here, they always did..MAG also has a KB login though clearly it has not been used for some time. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/me...760-MAG-NZ-Inc

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    You'll get fat on them
    Too late lol

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Someone would crash.
    only because they were trying to keep up, now if it wasn't a group ride and as long as they were all taking their cat food seriously then they may make it to the destination without crashing and if they do then it wouldn't be their fault so it would be ok, but only as long as it is not a group ride

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorno View Post
    For example: hospital fees for;

Concussion
    Traumatic brain injury
    Spinal fractures
    Leg fractures
    Lung collapse/ puncture
    Multi organ damage
    ACC payment for lost wages..."[/I][/COLOR]
    yup sounds like any number of sports or activities that people do which most do not pay an acc levy directly associated with.

that being said, i wonder how people would react if we had no ACC and had to pay for insurance to cover, i dare say it would be costing us a whole lot more

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    off for a caramel latte!
    me a pecan butterscotch frosty boy......should I buy a bigger bike?
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    then there are farm bike injuries-all subsidised by our ACC fees.
    Piss off .. when I had a farm I paid an ACC levy on every dollar I earned ... farm accidents, including on bikes, are paid for by farm ACC levies.

Do you think it is only vehicles that have to pay ACC.

Most sport clubs levies include an ACC fee ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Piss off .. when I had a farm I paid an ACC levy on every dollar I earned ... farm accidents, including on bikes, are paid for by farm ACC levies.

Do you think it is only vehicles that have to pay ACC.

Most sport clubs levies include an ACC fee ...
    My apologies,I never knew that.-But shirley you don't pay road type ACC levies for your farm bike,and don't get me started on the cost of rugby accidents-and-the number of them annually.

Thread Information