Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for a leather jacket?

Bike
    2010 Husaberg FE450
    Got a nice Rev'it Roamer from FC Moto delivered here couple of hundred cheaper than the best NZ price - quick delivery too!
    Great product, nice timeless/understated design - great quality.

Bike
    2008 R6
    Unless you know the fit, I wouldn't buy a jacket online. Go to a store, try it on, if it fits, has double stitching on the impact zones with decent elbow protection, then get it. Also, are you going to be using a back protector? Does the jacket have a built in back protector? Are you going to take the built in protector out and use an Alpinestars or Dainese.... etc unit? Do you want to have the ability to wear warmer clothes under it, or instead have a rain jacket that goes over it? Do you want perforations or good vents?

You don't have to answer these questions - just things to think about?

Personally, I like leather, well vented, with a back protector (that doesn't come with the jacket), able to throw on a windbreaker/rain jacket over top. Like that I get good protection, it is cool on warm days, and if it gets cold or wet I throw on a light weight waterproof jacket that I keep with me.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Just buy my Macna touring jacket - it's great!
    It has removable thermal liner and gortex liner (this can be rolled up and stored in the pocket on the back); vents on the sleeves and chest for when it's warmer; the front panel and collar zips off so when it's hot the breeze can blow through the mesh.
    There's decent armour in the shoulders and elbows, and several pockets (external and on the inside).
    There's soft armour in the back, but it's kinda pussy, so I've got a Spidi back protector that fits underneath.

Be quick - I'm off to kill myself soon. Being without a bike after 40+ years is really depressing.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Thread Information