Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone owned a CF Moto 150 NK?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post

There is also this RF400 on trademe, also learner legal.
    not with an aftermarket pipe on it, you claim to know a lot but really leave yourself wide open....

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    not with an aftermarket pipe on it, you claim to know a lot but really leave yourself wide open....
    Don't think anyone is having pipe issues. Id be claiming it went better with the original pipe but I damaged it when I dropped my bike. No gain in performance officer.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    The C**t.
    You'd have to be one hell of an asshole for a cop to pull you up and issue an infringement for your lams bike over modifying it by changing a muffler.

We arn't under nazi rule.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    When did i claim to know alot please quote me.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries

Bike
    The C**t.
    Thats really a good deal when it includes gear, 47,000km it would do the job so much better than what he is looking at.

I understand his mindset of new/ near new bike is going to be better but it simply isnt reality with the budget commuter garbage he is looking at... i'd prefer the superior brakes/tyre choices/engine etc of a jap bike like the zzr or a honda hornet.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    Thats really a good deal when it includes gear, 47,000km it would do the job so much better than what he is looking at.

I understand his mindset of new/ near new bike is going to be better but it simply isnt reality with the budget commuter garbage he is looking at... i'd prefer the superior brakes/tyre choices/engine etc of a jap bike like the zzr or a honda hornet.
    Bike dealers normally wont do a learner bike in poor condition so that's a good sign they are not pushing it on a auction that's unrelated to their shop.
    Also the 2 cylinder lower rev bike is likely to have suffered less boy racer abuse than the old inline 4s.
    I can remember the days when 250 4s first became cheap enough for young guys to own them second hand and they got thrashed every ride. It surprises me any made it past 15year old.

Bike
    Suzuki GN125
    Kawasaki Ninja's look great and I am sure they are reliable. Would these bikes have enough power at lower rpm. Until I feel confident enough to be in control such powerful bikes, I feel it would be safer to ride something slow.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by apsolar View Post
    Kawasaki Ninja's look great and I am sure they are reliable. Would these bikes have enough power at lower rpm. Until I feel confident enough to be in control such powerful bikes, I feel it would be safer to ride something slow.
    Dont worry, they are slow.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by apsolar View Post
    It will only go as far as you twist your wrist

It's a bit more power but you'll like it alot more than having far too little, i would say go look at the one at red baron or i can put you in contact with my friend selling his, nothing wrong with it hes just focussing on his cars more.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Bike dealers normally wont do a learner bike in poor condition so that's a good sign they are not pushing it on a auction that's unrelated to their shop.
    Also the 2 cylinder lower rev bike is likely to have suffered less boy racer abuse than the old inline 4s.
    I can remember the days when 250 4s first became cheap enough for young guys to own them second hand and they got thrashed every ride. It surprises me any made it past 15year old.
    They held up bloodey well frankly i used to absolutely wring the neck of my zxr 250's, infact if you didnt they would clog up and run like crap, it probably hit 19,000rpm over 100 times per day and lasted 3 years on one... eventually did the big end around taupo because i was dragging the stator casing on the track around the last corner onto the full back straight so it oil starved.

Had a gpx 250 (same motor as zzr) really good for a learner frankly nice linear power no suprises, and thats from a new rider mindset, the zzr has always been one of my picks as a great learner/ commuter bike, if budget allows though my advice is just buy a honda hornet 250 and never look back, fantastic bike to last the time to full, rides like a big bike.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Here is a link to my mate Nathan's bike, its only got 23,000km on it

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1152211399.htm

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Have a look at what the service requirements are and how often. Check what sort of km you plan on doing. The dealer will know how much for each service so you can get an idea.

you will find you will travel more ks than you think as it will be fun and you will get the riding bug

keep an eye on tyre pressure.

your thoughts/preferences on bikes will change as you develop as a rider.

do you need a bike rack? Worth fitting if you need it.
    buy gear that will last.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Don't think anyone is having pipe issues. Id be claiming it went better with the original pipe but I damaged it when I dropped my bike. No gain in performance officer.
    yeah no power gain and officer i wasn't speeding, the laws the law....

Thread Information