Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone owned a CF Moto 150 NK?

Bike
    Suzuki GN125

Has anyone owned a CF Moto 150 NK?

Hello All,

I am looking for my first bike. I have a read a lot of reviews on this forum and elsewhere about a Suzuki GN 125, Aprilia ETX/STX 150, Yamaha Scorpio 225. But I am struggling to find any information on a CF Moto 150NK. I am looking for a commuter, fuel efficient and around $2500 - $3000 price bracket max.

For its current price of around $2500 NZD, the specs look good to me (Fuel Injected, Disk brakes on both wheels etc.). But I only know as much as I have read about bikes in the last month or so. I have not owned so my practical knowledge is zero.
    http://www.cfmoto.co.nz/150nk

Have you had any experience with this bike or know of someone who has had any experience. I understand that it may not be as powerful as the Yamaha Scorpio, but if it manages to maintain 85-90 km/hr on the motorway then it would be sufficient. I am not after power. I also understand that smaller bike's don't hold great resale value but at $2500, I am sure I won't lose more than 30-40% when I am ready to upgrade.

What I don't know is how reliable it is and what are the other expenses involved to keep it mechanically sound. All of the above mentioned bikes are also affected by various issues of their own.

regards
    Ankit

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    A bike that can only manage 85-90 kph on a motorway is not what I would call sufficient. (speed limit is 100 kph on motorways and the open road in NZ "I thought")
    Personally I feel safer being able to keep up with the flow and not have every man and his dog overtaking me and putting me in danger.
    Maybe the traffic on Auckland motorways doesn't exceed 85-90, if so you might be safe enough.
    Buy the Scorpio, be safe.
    flashg

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    I would not buy a Chinese motorbike..

Had one once ....

Never again
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by apsolar View Post
    but if it manages to maintain 85-90 km/hr on the motorway then it would be sufficient.
    and if there's a 20 kmh head wind that's 70kmh.....

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Easy. Get the Scorpio. Will do 100kph with ease. Will last well. And will have good resale value.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Used to sell chinese bikes and do all the servicing for 4 years for 2 different at the time very well known importers.

Both since went under and are impossible to get parts for. Lets just say the metal quality certainly doesnt do well on vehicles.

Don't touch a chinese bike with a 10 foot pole, plenty of options out there around the 2500 mark i can get you a zzr250 off a friend for 2600, really tidy and well looked after.

Sure it's from the 90's but itll be more reliable and easier to find parts for than a new chinese bike.

The scorpio is also an absolute pile of deathtrap noob garbage... avoid such dinky piles of scrap and get a real bike.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    A
    Stay away from the CF would be my suggestion...

Out of the choices you've listed, the Scorpio is the best bet.

Have you considered the second hand approach? If it's gonna be your first bike, you'll be bored with it before long anyway

Bike
    The C**t.
    Ankit i would really avoid spending 2.5k on a brand new bike it really doesnt buy you much, i've ridden a scorpio it was absolute junk, no wonder so many learners crash them.

Nothing wrong with a 90s bike itll hold its value better come time to sell haha

Heck you can buy an rf400 on trademe for 2500, has new tyres paint etc looks like a new bike and thats learner legal.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    Suzuki GN125
    Hello All,

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am not going to consider the CF Moto option.

I had a look at Honda CBR125R today and now its between Honda CBR125R and Yamaha Scorpio.

Auckland motorway is congested for most part of the day when I can ride. I will be getting one of these second hand bikes as they hold some resale value when I am ready to upgrade.

regards
    Ankit

Bike
    The C**t.
    I still think you are looking at bikes that are too new, the new era of little learner bikes. my friend still has a zzr250 for sale that you would enjoy alot more.

Basically the same engine in it as the new ninja 250. just a much cheaper bike

Bike
    The C**t.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1161889217.htm

There is also this RF400 on trademe, also learner legal.

Bike
    Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarko View Post
    I still think you are looking at bikes that are too new, the new era of little learner bikes. my friend still has a zzr250 for sale that you would enjoy alot more.

Basically the same engine in it as the new ninja 250. just a much cheaper bike
    Hello Marko,

I agree that the scorpio isn't as exciting as the ZZR250. But the ZZRs are 90s bikes. That is 20+ years old models. With my limited knowledge I just feel safer with the newer models. If I had the know how, I would definitely consider a bike like that. Right now I want to figure out if motorcycling is a practical commuting option for me in the Auckland city.

regards
    Ankit

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by apsolar View Post
    Hello Marko,

I agree that the scorpio isn't as exciting as the ZZR250. But the ZZRs are 90s bikes. That is 20+ years old models. With my limited knowledge I just feel safer with the newer models. If I had the know how, I would definitely consider a bike like that. Right now I want to figure out if motorcycling is a practical commuting option for me in the Auckland city.

regards
    Ankit
    A 20 year old quality bike will be far more reliable and better built than the new piles of junk that are made in china/ thailand/ india.

I guarantee you will have less problems with the 20 year old japanese zzr.

I've only ever owned 80's and 90s bikes and ive had very little problems.

The ZZR or RF400 would be a great reliable commuter for you. don't let the age put you off a far superior bike.

Bike
    The C**t.
    If you don't believe me just ask EJK how grippy his scoprio was on its crappy little tyres lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2iiu8f8.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	324724

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Big difference between bikes and cars.
    Bikes age much better,partly because they get used less and garaged more.
    Older bikes are often easier to repair then newer ones...
    And overall better build quality.
    If it looks and feels good ,it is still good....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Thread Information