Thread: Recommendations for reputable international shipping company?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS650E

Recommendations for reputable international shipping company?

Hey all, I'm a kiwi living in Canada. I'm moving back to NZ at the end of the year and want to bring my bike with me. Have any of you had any really good experiences with international bike shipping? I want to find a company that get's the job done with minimal fuss. Cheers!

Bike
    2008 BMW K1200S
    I used these guys to get my BMW back from Aus to NZ and where the cheapest out there. Great to deal with. They have an option not to crate where you bike is put inside a bike trailer and tied down. Then they just but the trailer on the ship. I went for this option as I didn't have to drain all fluids before shipping. Remember when the say drain all fluids that's everything including brake, clutch, radiator etc etc. then you have to pay someone / or do it yourself which is not cheap. I am not sure if they offer the non crate service from America / Canada. I would also read up on NZ GST as I got stung with that which was another $1800 on top of the shipping. These guys will also drop off your bike at which ever place you decide to do the compliance at. If you are coming to CHCH I found a good one who was cheap and quick.

http://tauruslogistics.co.nz/motorcy...to/new-zealand

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS650E
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've contacted Taurus and they seem like a good option....unfortunately they don't ship from Canada.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    Hey all, I'm a kiwi living in Canada. I'm moving back to NZ at the end of the year and want to bring my bike with me. Have any of you had any really good experiences with international bike shipping? I want to find a company that get's the job done with minimal fuss. Cheers!
    Canada's a large place. I used these guys from California. www.kiwishipping.co.nz

Honest, reliable, and cheaper than anyone else. You might need to get the bike to them though

Bike
    2012 KTM 990 Adventure
    Don't know if this is too late for you, but I used Bidrider from Hastings to handle the whole thing end-to-end. Good experience, and recommended. Jason is the guy's name. You can find him at bidrider.co.nz. Hope this helps.

Same issue, though. You'll have to arrange for your bike to get to LA. I used ship.com and had a good experience.... but you have to have your wits about you using uship. Alternatively, makes a good reason for a road trip . Good luck!

BTW, so what are you bringing?

Bike
    The C**t.
    You may find it easier to go through 2 companies, as very little goes from canada to nz....

Myself i'd look into shipping it to the states first then to NZ.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Thread Information