Thread: Looking for a Gilera 500 Saturno Radiator ?

Bike
    Laverda RGS1000, Gilera 500 Saturno

Looking for a Gilera 500 Saturno Radiator ?

hey kiwibikers...

I have the pleasure of owning a Gilera 500 Saturno, it's never been ridden, stored all of its life so far. While in storage the radiator must have gone missing, cause its not on the bike now!

If you know where one is I'd be keen to have it! Or perhaps you know someone who can make one, the bikes in Palmy North.

cheers
    Ross

Bike
    bandit
    You'll be lucky to find on in New Zealand - but a google search turns them up overseas.

Otherwise, you could just sell me the bike .. especially if it's a black one ..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gilera-saturno-500-bialbero-schwarz-1990_0000_11.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	530.3 KB 
ID:	324876
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    I've got a Black Anniversary model. You can't have the radiator off it cause I need it. But you could come and take some photos and dimensions off it if it's any help. And there's a crowd called Replicore just out of Wangarei that'll make one for it but it wouldn't be cheap.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    You'll be lucky to find on in New Zealand - but a google search turns them up overseas.

Otherwise, you could just sell me the bike .. especially if it's a black one ..

Name:	gilera-saturno-500-bialbero-schwarz-1990_0000_11.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	530.3 KB 
ID:	324876
    I can remember Eric Wood had one back when he was the Suzuki dealer in CHCH. It was beautiful.
    Even though the wheels are branded Gilera, they are Genuine Marvic’s. Aftermarket at the time, they were worth around 2 grand a set,alone.
    Someone else used to race one Nationally in Formula 3 and Bears, Grumph might remember who it was? Sevic-Jones maybe?
    From memory it had the full race kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by redthumper27 View Post
    hey kiwibikers...
    I have the pleasure of owning a Gilera 500 Saturno, it's never been ridden, stored all of its life so far. While in storage the radiator must have gone missing, cause its not on the bike now!
    If you know where one is I'd be keen to have it! Or perhaps you know someone who can make one, the bikes in Palmy North.
    cheers
    Ross
    There is a guy in Aussie who organises custom made rads (from China i guess )for very little money like $200
    Pretty sure he advertises on Aust Ebay.
    A few Kiwibikers have used him in Aussie no issues with the service or quality.
    i just had a look and can't find him.

here is a real dinkem aussie made one's though.
    https://www.pwr.com.au/products/radiators/motorcycle

This fella had one
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ersary-edition
    didn't know there was a 350 version
    http://www.carbon-garage.com/shop/su...n)+(SOLD).html
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]
    Someone else used to race one Nationally in Formula 3 and Bears, Grumph might remember who it was? Sevic-Jones maybe?
    From memory it had the full race kit.
    It was and it did, I nearly bought that bike when it was for sale in a shop in Timaru
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    It was and it did, I nearly bought that bike when it was for sale in a shop in Timaru
    Cheers.... look what i found
    570cc

Name:	4587377199_b35365df0b_b.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	324892

http://picssr.com/photos/jorvikiwi/i...d=13903857@N02
    has some of those tricycles you are into

oh look Dave Moore.

Name:	4539287931_657340bec2_b.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	311.3 KB 
ID:	324893
    Send GSR i watched him pass a FZR400 or similar on the Back straight leading up the the police station on an AG100.
    He was riding a bevel Ducati and a TZ as well that same meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    Yes, Graham Servicke-Jones. There are a couple tucked away in ChCh too - the BEARS owners have stopped bringing them out due to being outpaced, class changes and the rising value...I think Barry Gurdler had a 350 version.

I can't say about the Saturno rims - Swarfie could verify what you say - but the similar Nordwest rims are also badged marvic - But weigh a ton.
    Years back I turned a Nordwest into a BEARS F2 bike - cams and carbs, different seat and tank, rear subframe etc....and RS250 honda rims.
    I know where that one is too - and it'll never come out again.

Bike
    motocompo
    Ahh yes, Dave Moore, his wife/ partner mistook me for him after I found a comfortable sleeping bag that happened to be his at that legendary after nationals party in Bulls in '88.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Ahh yes, Dave Moore, his wife/ partner mistook me for him after I found a comfortable sleeping bag that happened to be his at that legendary after nationals party in Bulls in '88.
    If that's the partner I remember, she was dangerous...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I can't say about the Saturno rims - Swarfie could verify what you say - but the similar Nordwest rims are also badged marvic - But weigh a ton.
    Years back I turned a Nordwest into a BEARS F2 bike - cams and carbs, different seat and tank, rear subframe etc....and RS250 honda rims.
    I know where that one is too - and it'll never come out again.
    Yes the rims are genuine Marvic items and fairly light. In fact most of the components are top of the range (for the day) although the rear shock is pretty ordinary. The whole bike is pretty light and although not over the top in the power stakes it certainly is a fun ride. On rails and pretty well untouchable in the right hands on the right road as many of my mates who have tried to keep up will attest to. Love the thing to bits and my daughter Jo thinks it's hers...will be one day I guess.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    I've got a Black Anniversary model. You can't have the radiator off it cause I need it. But you could come and take some photos and dimensions off it if it's any help. And there's a crowd called Replicore just out of Wangarei that'll make one for it but it wouldn't be cheap.
    Thanks Swarfie ....I may have to take you up on getting some pics and dimensions from you, another week of searching and I am going to have to give in ;0 cheers Ross

Bike
    Hi ....I will be thru Hamilton on the 14th, next friday. Any chance I can stop in with my camera and measuring tape? Perhaps you can text 02108798498 thanks Ross

Bike
    1993 Gilera Saturno
    Hello there, I just spotted that you have a Gilera Anniversary Saturno. Do you still have it? I am "refurbishing" the 1993 Saturno Anniversary 500 (NZ new) I have and will be looking to sell it shortly. It's great that there's another one out there in NZ. cheers, Graeme.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by greyway View Post
    Hello there, I just spotted that you have a Gilera Anniversary Saturno. Do you still have it? I am "refurbishing" the 1993 Saturno Anniversary 500 (NZ new) I have and will be looking to sell it shortly. It's great that there's another one out there in NZ. cheers, Graeme.
    Hi Graeme. Yep still got the Gilera. Haven't ridden it for a while but will probably get it rego'd this coming summer and give it some use.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I'd guess Tony Mac still has his stationary.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information