Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the police and camera vans?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    But think of all the times you exceeded the legal limit and did not cause mass road carnage or burst into flames
    Fixed it...

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    South side of Palmy Nth , Opiki Wednesday the 5th, Dark blue VW van.
    My V1 picked him quite late, with the reduced signal they put out these days.

Also watch Hw 57 ,Lasers switching off and on Nth of Levin.V1 gets them from up to 2kms
    Maybe we should start a thread?

There was a police checkpoint FB page, but I'm not sure if it's still going. I found out about it when the police put out a statement saying how irresponsible it was. I think the page likes went through the roof after that!

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    There was a police checkpoint FB page, but I'm not sure if it's still going. I found out about it when the police put out a statement saying how irresponsible it was. I think the page likes went through the roof after that!
    The switching off and on is called 'instant on' I am told, but yeah bit late posting days after huh ?
    Personally using the V1 is mainly for identifying 'hazards' when overtaking lol.
    Getting up it can see you doing 140 in seconds. Which is go to jail don't collect $200 territory.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries

Navfree GPS app for gayPhones and gaydroid. has live reporting of.. ehh. problems.

probably little use on teh bike unless you have it in your ear. and dictate any stasi you see. or stop (hahahahah) to input...

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    The switching off and on is called 'instant on' I am told, but yeah bit late posting days after huh ?
    Personally using the V1 is mainly for identifying 'hazards' when overtaking lol.
    Getting up it can see you doing 140 in seconds. Which is go to jail don't collect $200 territory.
    Yeah, that's the main reason I run one in the car. I don't use it on the bike as I just cruise on infested roads, and have most of my fun in places where you never see the police.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Yeah, that's the main reason I run one in the car. I don't use it on the bike as I just cruise on infested roads, and have most of my fun in places where you never see the police.
    I do the same,in my Falcooon I'm just about asleep or not far off, its big and RED,easy to spot. So I run the V1 in that. Cruise control until I come across petrified motorists doing 85-90kmph.
    The bike, I seem to be alive and alert.I cruise to where I can ride in a way like.(and have always done).
    It's the game we play huh ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Turangi to Auckland, Sunday afternoon 1700 to 2100 on main highways... yep, unusually quiet considering it was end of school holidays. One cop hunting on the open road, one speed van just north of Meremere in his usual spot behind that outcropping of hillside
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2002, Kawasaki KDX 200
    Sometimes stuck behind a cop car on the morning commute from Akaroa to Christchurch. I would like it if they focused more on those red light runners.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I always find this amusing, that if ONE individual person doesn't see cops on the road during THEIR specific journey then there's nil enforcement happening....

Jesus Christ you oughta hear the CB radio when cops transiting between Tokoroa-Tirau areas. Their out pillaging truckers for cash cause there's no way their on the road fort other legitmate reasons like going to interview witnesses, attend domestics or burglaries, reinvestigate last nights crash scenes etc.... *said with sarcasm*

Police are patrolling secondary and side routes more these days so are often maybe just ahead of you turning around to do a lap of the block etc.
    One thing for sure is you'll never actually spot the one that's going to give you a tiket til its too late
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    One thing for sure is you'll never actually spot the one that's going to give you a tiket til its too late
    A good radar detector sure helps though.

Bike
    2004ZX6R
    Not vans, but saw 4 cops at different points of my 45 min round the block run bout 11 this morn between Ohinewai ~ Tahuna then home again,

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hads View Post
    Sometimes stuck behind a cop car on the morning commute from Akaroa to Christchurch. I would like it if they focused more on those red light runners.
    I did that as the OIC of the Intersection Safety Team from 2008 to 2012. The extra funding from NZTA finished in 2012.

So i left.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by WNJ View Post
    Not vans, but saw 4 cops at different points of my 45 min round the block run bout 11 this morn between Ohinewai ~ Tahuna then home again,
    Four seems a bit excessive!

Ive done a couple of trips to the Waikato in the last week, and have seen a couple of patrol cars, plus a bike. Still no vans though.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    A good radar detector sure helps though.
    So does keeping your speed under 103kms.

Bike
    A
    Four seems a bit excessive!

Ive done a couple of trips to the Waikato in the last week, and have seen a couple of patrol cars, plus a bike. Still no vans though.

Sunday evening run Auckland to Hamilton return, total of 7 cars and 3 vans, that's just on open road. They're still out there...

Thread Information