Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ProACC ARSEHOLES ON TV3 NEWS

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Ah - can't see much wrong with that article ........

Other than the line There were hardly any motorbikes on Christchurch's roads this morning. That's because they were all at Canterbury Agricultural Park. Nah - plenty out early over the hill

Looks like a reasonable turn-out though.
    I forgot the bloody thing was on, and went for a ride about lunchtime. Got as far as Little River and it was claggy and foggy and cold and orrible. Bailed and came home via Gebbies/Lyttelton.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    The article wasn't that bad. Im not a fan of making one minority group pay and be singled out or paying a levy for every bike in the garage and never will be though. I would rather pay and own a bike than not pay and not own a bike though.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Cant see a problem with this. The UK has seminars, training, tutoring etc organised by the Motorcycle Police along with the event organisers.
    They have a valid point, I observe the level of bike numbers between summer/winter in Wellington, and watch the performances of those who are 'summer/sunday morning' riders as the weather warms up. Often having just acquired the current steed.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Dear OP

Kindly acquaint yourself with some facts before posting offensive matter on here.

David Golightly, yes, he's on the MSAC. But he's a lifelong motorcycle community supporter, who has helped the Canterbury motorcycle crowd out in keeping insurance costs down as much as he can, and has helped many individuals sort the claims they make through their own ineptitude.

Carey Griffiths is passionate about road safety. He used to be the National Road Policing Manager, and spent 30 years in the Police. He recently (18 months ago, I think) jacked the Police in due to the way the Police are degrading road safety, and went looking for a job where he can help make a difference to road safety. He took a job with NZTA, then moved to the ACC Motorcycle Role.

Neither of them are arseholes. If you want to find one of them, pop into your bathroom and have a look in your mirror.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Ah - can't see much wrong with that article ........

Other than the line There were hardly any motorbikes on Christchurch's roads this morning. That's because they were all at Canterbury Agricultural Park. Nah - plenty out early over the hill

Looks like a reasonable turn-out though.
    Yes, I was there and the crowd was okay. In fact, I was the MC.

The media takes a few facts, and fills the rest in.

Bike
    Various things
    David Golightly is a real GC. Great man to insure your bikes with too.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Carey Griffiths is passionate about road safety. He used to be the National Road Policing Manager, and spent 30 years in the Police. He recently (18 months ago, I think) jacked the Police in due to the way the Police are degrading road safety, and went looking for a job where he can help make a difference to road safety. He took a job with NZTA, then moved to the ACC Motorcycle Role.
    I thought he could do with a bloody shave then I remembered he now rides a BMW so it probably fits.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I thought he could do with a bloody shave then I remembered he now rides a BMW so it probably fits.
    He's lost a lot of weight too.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Carey is probably one of the most down to earth, decent spuds I have ever had the good fortune to meet. Maybe the OP has been quietly working away for the good of the motorcycling community and is just too modest to tell us?
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    I also don't want TV, so don't know WTF this rant is about. But, just for balance, I'm a big supporter of the ACC system. While imperfect, it's a shit load better than most alternatives.
    I am also a bigg supporter of ACC...and they are of me too(not for income, just the tools I need)

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    David Golightly is a real GC. Great man to insure your bikes with too.
    Whats his company Pete? My insurance is due shortly, would happily look elsewhere. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by ruaphu View Post
    Whats his company Pete? My insurance is due shortly, would happily look elsewhere. Cheers
    Try this link - http://www.golightly.co.nz/

Been with him for a number of years. Have never made a claim so can't comment on that side of things but he has been consistently cheaper than anyone else when I have been shopping around.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing

Been with him for a number of years. Have never made a claim so can't comment on that side of things but he has been consistently cheaper than anyone else when I have been shopping around.
    cheers For that, just sent him a message to get quote

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by ruaphu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    cheers For that, just sent him a message to get quote
    Yep. Top chap, great service too.

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan

Chur chur Berries

Thread Information