Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ProACC ARSEHOLES ON TV3 NEWS

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike

ProACC ARSEHOLES ON TV3 NEWS

Who are these cunts who crawl out from under their MSAC rock and allow themselves to be tools of ACC and the Parasite Government's anti motorcycle agenda?
    I know I'm wasting my breathe here,but when will you sheep get off your arses and stand up for yourselves?
    One cunt is called David Golightly - aptly named,mustn't cause a stir,agree with the master and keep your job on MSAC you prick.

So that's where your $30 goes,bikers, organising a media campaign against us.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Who are these cunts who crawl out from under their MSAC rock and allow themselves to be tools of ACC and the Parasite Government's anti motorcycle agenda?
    I know I'm wasting my breathe here,but when will you sheep get off your arses and stand up for yourselves?
    One cunt is called David Golightly - aptly named,mustn't cause a stir,agree with the master and keep your job on MSAC you prick.

More detail please, I don't watch telly.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    I also don't want TV, so don't know WTF this rant is about. But, just for balance, I'm a big supporter of the ACC system. While imperfect, it's a shit load better than most alternatives.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

You may find he is a motorcyclist of many years. He may also run a very good motorcycle insurance, presuming it's the same chap (probably with that name). Apologizes if not.

What did he say? He may have stats from his own company to back up his findings.

Whats the fully story - no use being all precious about the cost of ACC when the reality of the high percentage of claims to rider ratio is somewhat poor.

But yes- I do wonder what that $30 goes to. I'd like to see it go to a annual 'get off speeding' voucher I can keep in my pocket

Bike
    2013 Hayabusa

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo_akl View Post
    You couldn't get a keener and more dedicated rider than Carey Griffiths, the ACC guy featured on the clip. Someone get up your nose Pixie or just venting?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Ah - can't see much wrong with that article ........

Other than the line There were hardly any motorbikes on Christchurch's roads this morning. That's because they were all at Canterbury Agricultural Park. Nah - plenty out early over the hill

Looks like a reasonable turn-out though.

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo_akl View Post
    Loose brakes and bald tyres? Wow it really goes to show the importance of bike maintenance.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post
    Loose brakes and bald tyres? Wow it really goes to show the importance of bike maintenance.
    Haha, yeah a bit like when you're talking about checking tyre pressures with so called riders...and they think 4 times a year is plenty

Can't see anything wrong with the clip from the news though...

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    Everyone who rides should know basic motorcycle maintenance...

NO excuses....

12 months WOF is a long time to wait to find if something is wrong with ya cycle

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Supersize Me

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando

Sheep eh.... tell us about your non sheep activities.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Shiver

ACC and altermatives

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    I also don't want TV, so don't know WTF this rant is about. But, just for balance, I'm a big supporter of the ACC system. While imperfect, it's a shit load better than most alternatives.
    My daughter who lives in Vancouver was knocked off her bicycle by a car that went through s red light. Canadian accident insurance is run by the state. However, she had to pay for medical costs and hire a lawyer to get a refund. Almost three years on, she is still to be paid. YEs, ACC is better than that, much better.

This thread has highlighted the need for two bits of info:
    - THe old story of the proportion of bike accidents caused by the rider vs the other driver. Still every day I ride I see st least one other bike rider riding like they're bullet proof. Much of the ACC levy pays for the idiot riders on the road, but not all.
    - Where the $30 motorcycle safety levy goes to.

Bike
    CB1300
    If you want ACC charges to go down work out how to get their costs to go down.
    Get accident numbers down, make less of them because some dick was doing 260 on fucked tyres.

First to admit I have taken my share of risks. But I have tried to learn from my mistakes... I know riders who wouldn't have to check their balance before buying tyres who ride rooted tyres until the threads are showing. Then tell you to fuck off when you check they know.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    Big money wasters

I thought that levy has droped to $25 now. Good on the ACC team and MSAC for trying to get the accident rate down, its still to high .
    Pixie it's time for another protest ride , book your spot now on ridefoever.co.nz. You might learn something and use up some of Your $25 You have paid. Ride safe

Bike
    Street Triple R
    in answer to the rant by OP, David Golightly is an insurance broker, and lifelong motorcyclist. So he is at the cutting edge when you born again fucktards impale your new S1000RR into the scenery at escape velocity (11500 m/sec if you are interested).

He is also a hell of a nice guy and runs a very good insurance scheme for a lot of motorcyclists. I am one of them.

Tower insurance who I am trapped by (thanks Earthquakes) refused point blank to insure my motorbikes.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information